Hearts Will Never Die

tian447

I'm going to have a shot at a wee bit of optimism here. I'm probably going to get dogs abuse for it as well.

All of the talk the past few weeks has been about the sale of the club, the massive firesale of players in January, the general exodus of the supporters, and the fact that the average age of our team next year will be between 19 and 23.

Romanov will not let Hearts go bust before he is out of there. It is in his interests to not lose out on all the investments he has made. If the club goes bust, he can say goodbye to a lot of his time, and mainly his investment. He will sell the club for all it is worth. Remember, this is the man that has the financial mindset to manage to offload players for vastly over what they are worth, instead of doing a Hibs and letting all our players travel along the M8 for pennies.

He will sell us to the person with the strongest financial backing, so he can recoup as much as possible. Hopefully he will sell to a person with a genuine interest in the clubs success.

But we won't die.

The next few seasons will be difficult. We can forget about signing another fans favourite such as Skacel. But we might just end up unearthing a young talent who will support the club for a long time to come. We may end up breeding through the sort of young players that the international set up has been crying out for years. The Scotland team may end up having a core of very good young Hearts players in it within the next 5-10 years.

Football is no longer about playing for the club, but playing for the wage cheque. Maybe if we bring players up who support Hearts and want to play for them, we will end up better off than signing players who are just coming because we pay the 3rd largest amount in Scotland. Players with passion for who they are playing for is what we want, not people that want to do the bare minimum they can get away with just so they don't get abuse from the fans, and take home an over inflated wage packet.

We will look back on this in 10 years, and wonder why we were so worried. This is the way forward, and we lost our way some time ago.

Captain Price

I'm going to have a shot at a wee bit of optimism here. I'm probably going to get dogs abuse for it as well.

All of the talk the past few weeks has been about the sale of the club, the massive firesale of players in January, the general exodus of the supporters, and the fact that the average age of our team next year will be between 19 and 23.

Romanov will not let Hearts go bust before he is out of there. It is in his interests to not lose out on all the investments he has made. If the club goes bust, he can say goodbye to a lot of his time, and mainly his investment. He will sell the club for all it is worth. Remember, this is the man that has the financial mindset to manage to offload players for vastly over what they are worth, instead of doing a Hibs and letting all our players travel along the M8 for pennies.

He will sell us to the person with the strongest financial backing, so he can recoup as much as possible. Hopefully he will sell to a person with a genuine interest in the clubs success.

But we won't die.

The next few seasons will be difficult. We can forget about signing another fans favourite such as Skacel. But we might just end up unearthing a young talent who will support the club for a long time to come. We may end up breeding through the sort of young players that the international set up has been crying out for years. The Scotland team may end up having a core of very good young Hearts players in it within the next 5-10 years.

Football is no longer about playing for the club, but playing for the wage cheque. Maybe if we bring players up who support Hearts and want to play for them, we will end up better off than signing players who are just coming because we pay the 3rd largest amount in Scotland. Players with passion for who they are playing for is what we want, not people that want to do the bare minimum they can get away with just so they don't get abuse from the fans, and take home an over inflated wage packet.

We will look back on this in 10 years, and wonder why we were so worried. This is the way forward, and we lost our way some time ago.

As much as I want to believe your post, what I've highlighted in bold is all it is. Both of us being optimistic, I don't think Hearts will be the same in 10 years. I very much doubt there will be Scottish football in 10 years.

:interesting:

Thanks for the info.

Thought I'd just have a wee philosophical moment, and get a more positive point of view across for a change...

the medjia just want to say they we're wright about Romanov, only 5 years later than they predicted if Leeds can survive then anyone can though Leeds do have alot more regular supporters than us

But we won't die.

far to sensible for on here :thumbsup:

:mmtaxi:

Charlie-Brown

Scottish football existed from the nineteenth century until the nineteen nineties before runaway debt and rampant overspending became commonplace - for well over a century it had to survive on what it brought in as no banks would lend to football clubs to any great degree and certainly nothing like the amounts we've seen in the last two decades when SPl clubs have collectively ran up hundreds of millions of pounds of debts & losses = insanity!

However we are coming full circle and the years of deficit spending are coming to an end for the simple reason nobody is prepared to fund such loss-making anymore.

Scottish football won't die - it might suffer some trauma whilst the clubs and fans realign their previous expectations to new realities but sooner or later Scottish football will come bnack to it's core product and principles again even if we're not quite there yet.

Thunderstruck

There is no point in supporting Hearts if you do not have a predisposition towards optimism.

The talk of oblivion is somewhat misplaced:

The club is for sale "if the right offer comes along". Nothing new there.

A partnership might be considered - again, if the right offer comes along. Newer notion but eminently sensible.

Some players will be off-loaded - sensible. The club has several high earners who rarely feature and are a clear drain. We have an good array of young talent at the club and they will be the foundation of the team in the coming seasons.

The pay issue has happened before and will doubtless happen again. We have recent statements that the club will continue to be financed, albeit there will be some belt-tightening.

It will not stop the media or our own doom-mongers from reading the absolute worst into each and every event at Tynecastle

However we are coming full circle and the years of deficit spending are coming to an end for the simple reason nobody is prepared to fund such loss-making anymore.

That's a huge concern for our club - not taking into account the investment needed in the stadia.

We're not a sell-able club/business as things stand - but I know that you know that as I read your every post.

I'm struggling to see any optimistic slant to where we're at. Even the football seems to be on the wane.

As much as I want to believe your post, what I've highlighted in bold is all it is. Both of us being optimistic, I don't think Hearts will be the same in 10 years. I very much doubt there will be Scottish football in 10 years.

I agree with this. I don't think Hearts or Vlad is the problem. The problem is the SPL is so geared to the OF that their is little to no reason while anyone should invest is Scottish football. Unless something changed at a top level I don't see a future.

I agree with this. I don't think Hearts or Vlad is the problem. The problem is the SPL is so geared to the OF that their is little to no reason while anyone should invest is Scottish football. Unless something changed at a top level I don't see a future.

I have never hid the fact that Hearts are my second team in Edinburgh, however, there is noway that I'd ever want them to fold, or come anywhere near to that, but this statement is ridicules. Hearts have for years been seriously overspending on players & wages and not dealing with the stadium issues & as Vlad is the guy that makes the decisions, he is the one responsible, no matter who else he wants to blame.

Scottish football is in a mess, right enough & the clubs had a chance to do something about the infirm years ago, when negotiating the TV deal, but they failed miserably, but where Hearts are now is firmly on the head of the owner.

Thats ludicrous.

I think the question hanging over this thread is, are you opptomistic enough to support hearts if we were to start over again at the bottom of the football pile? I would, and thousands of us would-ergo there will ALWAYS be a Heart of Midlothian. :thumbsup:

Archived