• Adrian Mrowiec
    • Ryan Stevenson
    • David Templeton
    • Rudi Skacel
    • John Sutton
    • Medhi Taouil
    • Arvydas Novikovas
    • Stephen Elliott

Another away game, another defeat but a reasonable performance where with a bit of luck or composure we could have come away with something

Performers for me were Eggert who has made the role his own, Stevo worked as hard as always with Zaliukas at times looking like the only one who wanted to drive us forward, my MOTM was Ryan McGowan who had another solid game at the back and always looked to push forward

Poll will close Friday evening

Cheers

:thumbsup:

Just to add that I thought John Sutton performed alright yesterday, not MOTM form but definitely enough to justify another start

Ps Sticky mods

portobellojambo1

John Sutton, by an absolute country mile. Still have absolutely no idea why he was substituted, it was one of the most stupid substitutions I have ever seen in all the years I have been watching football, why take off your most effective player when you are a goal behind, ludicrously stupid substitution.

Drylaw Hearts

John Sutton, by an absolute country mile. Still have absolutely no idea why he was substituted, it was one of the most stupid substitutions I have ever seen in all the years I have been watching football, why take off your most effective player when you are a goal behind, ludicrously stupid substitution.

Sutton had 2 of the worst efforts on goal I've ever seen.

One landed in row z and the other went out for a throw-in 10 yards up the park.

He also had a very easy chance that he rolled straight at the goalie.

His build up play was a lot better though.

jambos are go!

I voted for Zal and can't understand the support for MCGowan ok this thread. From what I saw he made more bad passes than any Hearts player and the goal was engineered down his wing.

I voted for Zal and can't understand the support for MCGowan ok this thread. From what I saw he made more bad passes than any Hearts player and the goal was engineered down his wing.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm taking a stab in the dark here, but I'm guessing Ryan wasn't expecting his central defensive colleague to lose the ball in midfield under no pressure when the team was moving forward.

Up to your usual standard, though. 10/10.

ToadKiller Dog

The whole team got caught forward at the goal after Temps lost the ball it happens no need for a blame game .

It was a good break away from them and a decent cross .

Ryan was MOM for me made lots of solid well timed tackles ,got up and down all the game and didnt tire like some others.

Yes given he is not a natural left back at times was slightly out of position .Our only player with real pace .

Others thought Zal overall was good same for Eggert and Sutton showed enough to get a wee run of starts .

jambos are go!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm taking a stab in the dark here, but I'm guessing Ryan wasn't expecting his central defensive colleague to lose the ball in midfield under no pressure when the team was moving forward.

Up to your usual standard, though. 10/10.

No I was expecting him to cover for his Central Defensive colleague who is obviously encouraged to go forward by the Coach. Otherwise he would not be doing it every week. And Ryan's passing was terrible IMO.

Not wanting to shit on your cornflakes but usually when a centre half pushes forward to support then it is the job of the sitting midfielder to drop deeper and cover. To expect the fullback to do it is folly as they then have to cover their own position and the one vacated often leaving them in no mans land, the theory being the advanced defender initially drops into midfield before he and the sitting midfielder rotate back at the first opportunity

Edit - who vote Hamill? :vrface:

jambos are go!

Not wanting to shit on your cornflakes but usually when a centre half pushes forward to support then it is the job of the sitting midfielder to drop deeper and cover. To expect the fullback to do it is folly as they then have to cover their own position and the one vacated often leaving them in no mans land, the theory being the advanced defender initially drops into midfield before he and the sitting midfielder rotate back at the first opportunity

Edit - who vote Hamill? :vrface:

So where was Ryan one asks using your tactical analysis? And what about his passing?

So where was Ryan one asks using your tactical analysis? And what about his passing?

Edit - wrong Ryan :vrface:

His passing wasn't terrible, he was a right footer playing left back so some were a wee bit off but he was far from being the worst

jambos are go!

Edit - wrong Ryan :vrface:

His passing wasn't terrible, he was a right footer playing left back so some were a wee bit off but he was far from being the worst

When it comes to sidestepping your edit from one Ryan to another takes a lot of beating. And your arguement is diminished.

When it comes to sidestepping your edit from one Ryan to another takes a lot of beating. And your arguement is diminished.

Ram it, when someone says Ryan I instantly think of Stevo not McGowan so I answered as such, I then edited it to cover McGowan when I realised my error

You're one to talk about sidestepping seeing as you have conveniently dropped your argument about McGowan's fault at the goal which I easily took apart

The fact McGowan is leading the poll shows who's opinion lthe majority agrees with

jambos are go!

Ram it, when someone says Ryan I instantly think of Stevo not McGowan so I answered as such, I then edited it to cover McGowan when I realised my error

You're one to talk about sidestepping seeing as you have conveniently dropped your argument about McGowan's fault at the goal which I easily took apart

The fact McGowan is leading the poll shows who's opinion lthe majority agrees with

I said their goal came down his side and stick by that. Let's see the highlights and comment further.

No shit Sherlock, the cross came from Hearts left back area no one is disputing that

You were blaming McGowan because he was not filling in behind Zal when Zal pushed forward and I pointed out that it's the job of of the sitting midfielder to drop back in that situation

jambos are go!

No shit Sherlock, the cross came from Hearts left back area no one is disputing that

You were blaming McGowan because he was not filling in behind Zal when Zal pushed forward and I pointed out that it's the job of of the sitting midfielder to drop back in that situation

So what is the role of the Left back Moriarity?

So what is the role of the Left back Moriarity?

you are incredibly tiresome, you were blaming McGowan for the goal due to not filling the gap left by Zal, that is not true and now you are changing the subject

I can't be arsed (kudos on the Moriarty jibe though)

Feck me, just seen the goal again, Gowser was covering for Zal, when the ball got played out wide to Daly he closed him down but not before the cross came in

Robertson ran right past Webster and he still didn't get close to him

jambos are go!

you are incredibly tiresome, you were blaming McGowan for the goal due to not filling the gap left by Zal, that is not true and now you are changing the subject

I can't be arsed (kudos on the Moriarty jibe though)

Watch the highlights. I could have made as effective attempt to prevent the measured cross from in front of my Computer in Edinburgh. Given his undoubted pace he should have done better IMO.

Archived