Buses to Aberdeen

Locky

I know it's a bit early but I like planning a journey in advance. B)

Not in with a supporters club as I don't get to as many away games as I'd like to, but I mostly go with the official Hearts bus if I decide not to rely on public transport.

This game though being a 7.45 and during the festive period I don't fancy getting the Hearts bus as I'm heading through to the Niddrie area and not getting back to Edinburgh til about the back of 1 in the morning will prove a bit of a task. So basically I'm wondering if there's any supporters buses that would do a pick up or drop off considerably closer to the Niddrie/Portobello area. Doesn't have to be dead close, just a decent bit closer than Gorgie. Thanks.

Stay at home.

Would probably be the less stressful option, but i've never been to Aiberdeen and fancy going before they move from Pittodrie even though it's still a few years til they go and I don't think i'm missing much.

portobellojambo1

I know it's a bit early but I like planning a journey in advance. B)

Not in with a supporters club as I don't get to as many away games as I'd like to, but I mostly go with the official Hearts bus if I decide not to rely on public transport.

This game though being a 7.45 and during the festive period I don't fancy getting the Hearts bus as I'm heading through to the Niddrie area and not getting back to Edinburgh til about the back of 1 in the morning will prove a bit of a task. So basically I'm wondering if there's any supporters buses that would do a pick up or drop off considerably closer to the Niddrie/Portobello area. Doesn't have to be dead close, just a decent bit closer than Gorgie. Thanks.

I'll take a wild guess at Portobello Hearts SC :teehee: . Not sure if we have any free seats for this one mind you, but if we do and there is no one actually getting on in Portobello you could get dropped off somewhere along Milton Road East if the bus takes that route back towards Musselburgh/Prestonpans. At the very least it would get you back into Portobello/Joppa, and it is a short walk from there.

I'll take a wild guess at Portobello Hearts SC :teehee: . Not sure if we have any free seats for this one mind you, but if we do and there is no one actually getting on in Portobello you could get dropped off somewhere along Milton Road East if the bus takes that route back towards Musselburgh/Prestonpans. At the very least it would get you back into Portobello/Joppa, and it is a short walk from there.

I was thinking that but I was told Porty Hearts was members only. I'll look into it though thanks.

Problem Officer?

I'm well up for this one. ?20+ for a ticket to see the world-class football on display between these two giants of the modern game. That's after spending at least ?20 on scran and travel, especially with Xmas coming up. You can add to this the frigid arctic conditions of Sheepland and all in all you have a marvellous Saturday out.

On second thought, I'd rather poke at my eyes with dirty needles than trek up there. Travelling to Tynie every second week is enough of an effort for me at the moment.

Kudos to you though.

Your on the wrong forum mate kickbackers don't attend away games but expect lots of smart comments from the clique and their hangers on

Your on the wrong forum mate kickbackers don't attend away games but expect lots of smart comments from the clique and their hangers on

You are on kickback

You then must be a kickbacker

Therefore surely you don't attend away games!

Happy to be of help :thumbsup:

broxburnjambo

I was thinking that but I was told Porty Hearts was members only. I'll look into it though thanks.

Sorry to ask but where did you hear Portobello Hearts supporters bus was for members only. Subject to seat availability Portobello Hearts bus is open to all Hearts supporters wishing to travel to away matches. Membership does bring its advantages of course with reduced bus fares, a guaranteed seat on the bus etc. For more details please visit our website.

http://portobellohearts.tripod.com/

Sorry to ask but where did you hear Portobello Hearts supporters bus was for members only. Subject to seat availability Portobello Hearts bus is open to all Hearts supporters wishing to travel to away matches. Membership does bring its advantages of course with reduced bus fares, a guaranteed seat on the bus etc. For more details please visit our website.

http://portobellohearts.tripod.com/

It was just a mate who told me but didn't really buy it too much and I was right not too. Cheers for the advice though i'll check it out.

oh ah grantona

I'm well up for this one. ?20+ for a ticket to see the world-class football on display between these two giants of the modern game. That's after spending at least ?20 on scran and travel, especially with Xmas coming up. You can add to this the frigid arctic conditions of Sheepland and all in all you have a marvellous Saturday out.

On second thought, I'd rather poke at my eyes with dirty needles than trek up there. Travelling to Tynie every second week is enough of an effort for me at the moment.

Kudos to you though.

In all fairness it would be a very crap Saturday nite/day out as the game is on a Wednesday night so you would have spent your ?20+ on a diddly game ;-)

any chance o a bus stopping on the Kingsway in Dundee, to give a couple o Dundee Jambos a lift?? hate the train to SHHEPSVILLE!!!!

any chance o a bus stopping on the Kingsway in Dundee, to give a couple o Dundee Jambos a lift?? hate the train to SHHEPSVILLE!!!!

give me a shout nearer the time mate but should be doable!

Only if you promise your neighbours won't steal the wheels :D

A wee warning ... again!!! ... to watch out for Grampian Police's finest.

From Saturday's game ... several 'Well fans were removed from Pittodrie on Saturday ... for standing up

If their not manhandling you to shove a video camera in your face they're now throwing you out for standing ... all that crime!!! ... they really are a disgrace ... :verymad:

A wee warning ... again!!! ... to watch out for Grampian Police's finest.

From Saturday's game ... several 'Well fans were removed from Pittodrie on Saturday ... for standing up

If their not manhandling you to shove a video camera in your face they're now throwing you out for standing ... all that crime!!! ... they really are a disgrace ... :verymad:

If everyone stands up then there'e nothing that they can do.

Malcolm Tucker

Why was my post deleted? :vrface:

Because you're a horribly offensive young man.

Kiddin' on, probs coz it was shite patter.

x

Archived