MOTD Thread

Gigolo-Aunt

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

:rofl:

Incredible scenes. Heroic stuff from Robinson and if that point keeps them up he deserves the freedom of Blackburn.

Crazy goal there.

Can only think Yakubu scuffs the ball ever so slightly - mind you, does not seem that the ref was even looking!

That last minute goal might just keep Kean in the job for another week.

Yakubu now saying that he never touched the ball.

laugh.gif

Geoff Kilpatrick

Watching on delay.

Man City :wub:

If only I lived nearer Manchester, Hearts would be dumped.

:lies:

You already dumped HMFC for the Arabs.

RVP is a bloody goal machine.

Pretty sure his contract is running out in the next year. Big decision coming for Arsenal. If he does not sign a new contract, do they sell him or let his contract run down?

Geoff Kilpatrick

:lol:

How will you cope when City take title after title from the brand?

:sob:

Funnily enough, life will go on.

Citeh haven't won it yet, incidentally.

Oh, and last time they did, United won the European Cup to steal their thunder. I could live with a repeat of that scenario. :)

Funnily enough, life will go on.

Citeh haven't won it yet, incidentally.

Oh, and last time they did, United won the European Cup to steal their thunder. I could live with a repeat of that scenario. :)

Just another notch on the brands endless list of trophies.

I doubt that it'll matter much to City fans.

Oh, and from what I gather from Man U fans, they'll not live with City winning the title. They'll be absolutely spewing.

:verysmug:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Just another notch on the brands endless list of trophies.

I doubt that it'll matter much to City fans.

Oh, and from what I gather from Man U fans, they'll not live with City winning the title. They'll be absolutely spewing.

:verysmug:

Actually, I can handle CIteh winning a title much more than the scousers winning one.

Hope this helps!

jamboinglasgow

Is it just me or have Man City fans turned into ****s since they came into money? (A sidenote, I do not support any English team and Man U fans are just as bad.)

Shocking decision for Blackburn's second the ball needs to have a full rotation.

Remember years ago Scotssport and Jim White going on about this after we scored against Killie from a freekick with a similar issue

Is it just me or have Man City fans turned into ****s since they came into money? (A sidenote, I do not support any English team and Man U fans are just as bad.)

In what way?

jamboinglasgow

In what way?

Well, more Man City fans being up their own backside in a style Celtic are (guess I added man U to be diplomatic.)

Well, more Man City fans being up their own backside in a style Celtic are (guess I added man U to be diplomatic.)

Says the Barcelona more than a club fanboy.

:cornette:

Proper City fans deserve this success. They've followed their team through the divisions. I can still mind standing at Easter Road singing 'we are unbeatable' after 8 league games ffs.

Well funnily enough, I was going to say they are trying to be the new Barcelona fans. Thought as a Man U fan you would be happy with me slagging off City fans?

:lol:

In the words of the great Dave Mackay

'I'm a Hearts fan, son'.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Says the Barcelona more than a club fanboy.

:cornette:

Proper City fans deserve this success. They've followed their team through the divisions. I can still mind standing at Easter Road singing 'we are unbeatable' after 8 league games ffs.

I wouldn't argue the last sentence in a lot of ways, even though they are Citeh.

Of course, people jumping on the Citeh bandwagon will be chucked back off by the purists though who followed them during the dark days. :rolleyes:

Southamptons first penalty has to be one of the worst decisions I've seen.

The referee had an absolute nightmare throughout by the looks of it. Totally lost the plot there.

Footballfirst

Shocking decision for Blackburn's second the ball needs to have a full rotation.

Not any more you don't. The rule was changed a few years ago. A touch is now sufficient to put the ball in play.

portobellojambo1

Sorry Scott, i though this was about my beloved, HMFC. Winner of that, without any remote argument, even by some part time ersehole, is John Sutton. Anyone who was to vote for anyone else this weekend is freely admitting they know feck all about football.

I know it is MOTD, but even if we had been playing a nun's reserve team that means more to me than the EPL.

Sorry Scott, i though this was about my beloved, HMFC. Winner of that, without any remote argument, even by some part time ersehole, is John Sutton. Anyone who was to vote for anyone else this weekend is freely admitting they know feck all about football.

I know it is MOTD, but even if we had been playing a nun's reserve team that means more to me than the EPL.

:huh:

Actually, I can handle CIteh winning a title much more than the scousers winning one.

Hope this helps!

I feel entirely the same way. Man City may be a threat this season, but I don't worry about them too much. TBH I reckon their bubble will burst eventually. Don't know when but title winning teams need to be strong enough and capable of lasting a whole season, and I just think Man City are going all gung-ho at the moment like they've nothing to lose, and I feel they need to just slow the pace a bit. Focus just on the 3 points and they could go all the way, but if they remain focused on scoring for fun then it'll come back and bite them.

Just like fitball, Iain.

There is plenty of stuff on Kickback for Hearts fans to chew over should they wish to debate things, so if a few of us wanted to have an old chin wag over MOTD, not quite sure what the problem is.

The Old Tolbooth

To be fair, a lot of fans in Scottish football view Hearts fans exactly like what you've described above since Romanov came in, I think the word you're looking for is 'fickle', we're all cut from the same cloth and if we get a bit of success then we lap it up and let others know about it, it's our job as football fans :D

Hannibal Lecter

Remember years ago Scotssport and Jim White going on about this after we scored against Killie from a freekick with a similar issue

Not anymore it doesn't. The Laws of the Game state that once the ball has been kicked and moves it is in play.

http://ar.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2011_12e.pdf

Not that really matters as Yakubu never touched it in the first place so it does clearly break the player must not play the ball again to it has touched another player. If Yakubu had even got the slightest touch then all would have been absolutely fine with what they did, but he didn't so it's irrelevant.

portobellojambo1

:huh:

Understand the confusion AP, when I get home at silly o'clock in the morning posting in an on topic manner tends not to happen. I thought the thread title was MOTM, until after I'd posted and started reading the thread, and I then realised I'd made a boo boo so had to try a bit editing (of sorts).

I feel entirely the same way. Man City may be a threat this season, but I don't worry about them too much. TBH I reckon their bubble will burst eventually. Don't know when but title winning teams need to be strong enough and capable of lasting a whole season, and I just think Man City are going all gung-ho at the moment like they've nothing to lose, and I feel they need to just slow the pace a bit. Focus just on the 3 points and they could go all the way, but if they remain focused on scoring for fun then it'll come back and bite them.

:what:

:what:

Well that's the way they seem to be playing. They were tagged as playing boring at first under Mancini and now it seems like their trying hard to shake that tag off.

Well that's the way they seem to be playing. They were tagged as playing boring at first under Mancini and now it seems like their trying hard to shake that tag off.

They are playing as a team now not relying on one man(Tevez) as much.Plus Mancini is a great manager who needed time to build the team his way due to Hughes making a complete mess of things.

They are playing as a team now not relying on one man(Tevez) as much.Plus Mancini is a great manager who needed time to build the team his way due to Hughes making a complete mess of things.

I remember watching their game vs Spurs earlier this season and the balance of the team is night & day compared to last season and with the strength in depth and not having Tevez to spoil things they could go all the way

Archived