Temps is the problem ?

grumpyespana

Watched the first half on Alba then had to go out but in my opinion one of problems is that Temps is playing out of position instead of getting to the bye line and crossing into the box nine times out of ten he cuts inside and nothing happens, play him off the striker or get him on the other wing where he can whip in crosses with his good foot.

Grumpy.

We always seem to play our wingers on the wrong side. It's something thats quite common in the modern game. I suppose the idea in that when they do cut inside they can shoot with thier stronger foot, but I prefered the old fashion getting to the bye-line method.

instead of getting to the bye line and crossing into the box nine times out of ten he cuts inside

Seemingly that's what Sergio wants him and Rudi to do.

He hasn't managed to regain his previous form and he's now predictable. He would benefit from better coaching. Temps will be away for a small fee in the January transfer window anyway. Around 500k.

stirlingshirejambo

Seemingly that's what Sergio wants him and Rudi to do.

Playing left footed Skacel and on the right and right footed Templeton on the left they will instinctively cut inside but until they can start hitting the target more regulary it's a flawed strategy.

Our probem is simple and so is the solution.

Our squad is ridiculously big. We pay our players too much and we have the worst manager in the entire world.

I don't think temps is the problem, or that he is on the left. Rudi is a playmaker..NEVER a winger, not fast enough etc etc so it leaves the team unbalanced and the opposition know well just come down the left. We need two wingers, doesn't matter which foot on which wing.. Just two out and out wingers., weather it be driver,suso,novikovas or someone else, two wingers please.

Jam Tarts 1874

Temps hasn't kicked a ball this year.

Yeah, he was shit when he set up Stevenson against Celitc.

The fact is that he is our only goal threat since Kyle. Out of what I would say were 3 decent attempts at goal yesterday, Temps had two of them.

You obviously think that Temps has to beat 5 players and slot the ball home at least once every match to be considered to be any good.

Temps is regularly putting decent balls into the box, he is not responsible for the lack of a striker.

Teuchterjambo

We always seem to play our wingers on the wrong side. It's something thats quite common in the modern game. I suppose the idea in that when they do cut inside they can shoot with thier stronger foot, but I prefered the old fashion getting to the bye-line method.

It is common in the modern game to give a number of options of either the winger coming in on his strong foot to threaten goal but also to release either the full back or a midfield player onthe wide overlap to whip the ball in on their strong foot. Man City and Spurs do this all the time down the right hand side at greta pace with devastating effect. The problem for us is we just don't have the overlapping players with the necessary pace and skill to complete the job the job - the result is that unless an opportunity opens up for the player cutting inside we are totally goosed !

winston churchill

He hasn't managed to regain his previous form and he's now predictable. He would benefit from better coaching. Temps will be away for a small fee in the January transfer window anyway. Around 500k.

After a half dozen game purple patch around last xmas........against pub players mind.He was given a ?5 million price tag on here :lol:

If vlad can squeeze a half million for him.It will be a better deal than the deal he did for Craig Gordon.

PS

I keep reading on herethat.It's all Kevin Kyles fault that temps has been shan :lol:

Yeah, he was shit when he set up Stevenson against Celitc.

The fact is that he is our only goal threat since Kyle. Out of what I would say were 3 decent attempts at goal yesterday, Temps had two of them.

You obviously think that Temps has to beat 5 players and slot the ball home at least once every match to be considered to be any good.

Temps is regularly putting decent balls into the box, he is not responsible for the lack of a striker.

I disagree. Some of the balls he put in yesterday were stinking and were nowhere near finding a Hearts player.

I disagree. Some of the balls he put in yesterday were stinking and were nowhere near finding a Hearts player.

EVERY cross we put in yesterday hit the first man. This 'one winger' set up is absolute nonsense and it's clearly not working.

Craig Herbertson

I'm not sure. How many corners did we have against Dundee Utd that were simply wasted. Crossing into the box from the byline seems to be getting mopped up.Looking at the bigger teams - Dortmund for example they're scoring most of their goals from about 12 yards out after pressurizing the centre. It seems to be the modern game.

I feel we're just not getting any breaks at all at the moment though and could be talking through a hole in my hat.

Temps and rudi were our only goal threat yesterday, McGowan gave temps no support and stevenson/mworic/eggy made no movement or him. Temps is a class above most our players and is wasted in our current team

Archived