Unlucky

andrew

So frustrating that absolutely nothing is going our way just now. We were by far the better team today, started on the front foot and were the only side looking to make things happen. They have one chance on the counter attack and win 1-0. The same story against Killie and Rangers. Obua millimetres away from handing us a win in Paisley.

Exactly. We were playing okay football, could have been better. But we were by far the best team. Once again. We didn't win. Once again. <_<

It's frustrating that we haven't turned dominance into goals in 3 of the last 4, but it was a reasonably encouraging performance.

We certainly shouldn't sack the manager though, as many have/will suggest.

By far the better team.

I really can't remember the last time we went to tannadice and dominated and bossed the game like that?

We are definetly lacking that jack in the box striker!

When's oglebys loan up? ?

Broomie Hearts

totally agree we were the better by a distance at times.

also,

to not get a pen for kenneth holding suttons arm was a diabolical liberty,considering that little weasel collum was all of 5 yards away.

no wonder vlad is bolting.

But when is the manager going to fashion a frontline who know how to break teams down and ultimately score goals? The players need to give more in drive and thought and finish what we create.

We are turning into one of those sides who can keep possession but do feck all with it.....something we criticised other teams over the years as being like that, while we could tuck away the goals......

Something just needs to click into place and then we will go on a run.

Anyway, I'm not complaining cause my second team won.

:brucey:

So frustrating that absolutely nothing is going our way just now. We were by far the better team today, started on the front foot and were the only side looking to make things happen. They have one chance on the counter attack and win 1-0. The same story against Killie and Rangers. Obua millimetres away from handing us a win in Paisley.

Hard luck stories don't really cut it for me. We're dropping points or losing matches and making a habit of it right now. It's down to us to make our own luck.

Broomie Hearts

Hard luck stories don't really cut it for me. We're dropping points or losing matches and making a habit of it right now. It's down to us to make our own luck.

id suggest if "hard luck stories"dont cut it for you,

you might have chosen the wrong club to support.

id suggest if "hard luck stories"dont cut it for you,

you might have chosen the wrong club to support.

I didn't choose, it just happened.

:woot:

This thread reeks of hobo minded chat.

Someone is going to get a doo-in ?

We are playing well ?

Just need to click ?

A baw hair away from a run ?

cornette.png

We are playing well ?

Just need to click ?

Well what do you think of today's performance?

cornette.png

Well said guys! Were a baw hair away from a run, hopefully the next two home games bring 6 points

You'd know different if you got off Kickback occasionally, and actually went to a game......

......oh wait...!

:whistling:

RoussetsShorts

We are playing well ?

Just need to click ?

cornette.png

I know, we need to stop skirting around with pishy excuses, we're shite and we know we are. Honesty is the best policy here.

The teams Levein put out would murder the current team.

Thunderstruck

Skacel looked level for that disallowed goal on Alba just nowangry.gif

It looked good.

Add to that Neilson's ludicrous two-footed challenge that was only a yellow. Mind you, that's not bad luck that is, being kind, incompetent officials.

Skacel looked level for that disallowed goal on Alba just nowangry.gif

I'd like to see Temps offside decision in the first half when he run from behind Neilson.

It's all well and good dominating games in defence and midfield, but it comes to nothing if we're creating/finishing nothing.

If we keep doing this we'll lose a lot more than we win, especially away, and it isn't a new problem.

We need to be more intelligent when in possession and give our attacking players a chance of creating something. We're not fast or smart enough on the ball and we aren't playing to our strengths.

ToadKiller Dog

We are creating enough chances but a mixture of poor last balls and not getting our share of bounces not helping .

At the back almost every time we have a slack bit of play we seem to get punished .

Sutton deserves a wee run over the next couple of games ,got kicked shoved and pushed all over the place but kept at it ,sure he had a chance he might have made better of it the ball hadnt taken a bouce just before he went to shoot .

Its the stage i think once we get a goal we will get another couple not far behind hopefully soon .

Unlucky sums it up, although an incompetent ref didnt help much. Stone wall penalty not given, a red card that never was, either 2nd yellow or straight red for Neilson. They defended well, getting a couple of good block in and around the box.

I was impressed with Sutton I thought he held the ball up well but needs a few games to get up to speed. Webster needs to cut out the long balls and Hammill could do with a rest. Jonsson, McGowan and Sutton were best players for me.

We are playing well ?

Just need to click ?

cornette.png

So, what do you want football fans/Hearts fans to say then? Im far from happy with results, quite down actually, but its easy to dismiss every bad result with "this is pi sh" without looking at the game as a whole..

We haven`t played too badly lately but we are seriously toiling to find the net and it needs addressed. PS needs to come up with something, simple.... the players do too mind you.

But it`s "shan patter" to keep refering to things as "hobo minded chat" when some of the quotes above are just general football comments. Nobody has said Hearts are great, going to run amok or whatever....but maybe we are having an unlucky spell in front of goal and fans can see some of our play in the future come to fruition if we keep making the chances we are?

aberhill jambo

Somebody is going to take a doo-in :thumbsup:

So who is going to score the goals.For weeks we have not looked close.

stirlingshirejambo

I'd like to see Temps offside decision in the first half when he run from behind Neilson.

I thought we were unlucky today. Nothing went our way except their goal getting chalked off i thought mcgowan was playing him on. Lack of confidence in front of goal plus some desperate defending was the difference. What was the scarf thrower up to that landed in front of dug out. Seen us play lot worse and effort was good

I thought we were unlucky today. Nothing went our way except their goal getting chalked off i thought mcgowan was playing him on. Lack of confidence in front of goal plus some desperate defending was the difference. What was the scarf thrower up to that landed in front of dug out. Seen us play lot worse and effort was good

Really?

FFS. I despair at our support.

stirlingshirejambo

yes gary locke picked it up and carefully placed it beside dug out. passion was running high today 2 hearts fans. One male one female screaming abuse at each othest. Not hundred percent sure what it about but there was lot tense words when robbie neilson was subjected to what seemed an equal level of abuse and applause just before half time.

I don't think we are unlucky. We just have nothing up front and little threat from elsewhere. :ninja:

Unusual l know, but I have to agree with Dave!!

SIX HOURS of football without a goal, and all we hear is we played well?

That team could still be playing and still not score!

No creativity in the midfield is the problem. Sutton started really well but had no support. Why Temps is not told to either get to the byline or take players on in the box is a mystery. We had the most skilful player on the park and didnt utilise his talents properly.

A midfield containing Stevo, Adrain and Eggy wouldnt worry East Fife never mind Dundee Utd!

The number of times we won the ball and instead of attacking with 5 or 6 dundee utd players to beat, we play it painfully slowly sideways or back to allow them to get their whole team behind the ball!

If you watch our players their first instinct to go sideways or back, is there something wrong with the first touch to be forward?

Our pedestrian style of play isnt going to worry anyone.

Governor Tarkin

Not going to quote them here but I reckon both Debut 4 and davemclaren have the subject at hand pretty much nailed.

:)

Archived