Bright ideas for increasing revenue

Francis Albert

Francis Albert

Not seen it posted (apologies if it has) but I see an ex-Board member and still major shareholder at Coventry City, who are in financial trouble, has suggested that fans have a premium charge phone line on which they can vote for substitutions during a match, as part of "getting the fans more directly involved in the game" and of course raising revenue.

Now according to some our managers have in the past had pre-ordained substitutions impose on them, and if so (which I doubt) it wouldn't be that much of a stretch for us.

Any other ideas out there?

Charlie-Brown

in no particular order;

sell the stadium naming rights

eat more pies, crisps, bovril & juice etc

encourage friends to attend games or buy them tickets

buy something from the club shop

join the club lottery draw and/or half-time draw

in short find a way to spend some more money on HMFC .............

Not seen it posted (apologies if it has) but I see an ex-Board member and still major shareholder at Coventry City, who are in financial trouble, has suggested that fans have a premium charge phone line on which they can vote for substitutions during a match, as part of "getting the fans more directly involved in the game" and of course raising revenue.

Now according to some our managers have in the past had pre-ordained substitutions impose on them, and if so (which I doubt) it wouldn't be that much of a stretch for us.

funny-celebrity-pictures-really-bella-reeeaaaaaaally.jpg

Charge ?20 for fans to be able to take a penalty at half time against the sub goalie. If you score, you go through to the next round, if you miss you are out. Keep playing until 1 person wins. Doesn't have to be all on one game. Mass tournament basically which should reduce in numbers fast. Would need good organisation though. Winner could get ?100 or something, club gets the rest. Repeat over and over throughout season. That's my idea anyway, feel free to dismiss!

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

There must be ways of raising a few quid at half-time.

Interestingly, both our matchday and commercial revenue were less in 2010 than they were in 2005. Whoever comes in needs to sort that out pronto.

Francis Albert

It is disappointing that since Anderton left there doesn't seem to have been much imagination applied to generating extra revenue. I'd like to spend more in the shop for example but struggle to find anything of any quality I want (and I am a sucker for Hearts merchandise).

If the bar in the Gorgie suite makes money, why not a beer tent under the Wheatfield? Or a bar in what is now the ticket office building? Doesn't have to be anything fancy. (Bad for local pubs, but if we're talking about survival ...).

I've arrived early for a couple of games recently and have been surprised to see quite a few foreigners (mixture of football tourists and ordinary tourists) at the game, there half an hour before KO, taking pictures of each other outside the stadium and again when they get in. Some have found the club shop, but there is nothing in McLeod Street even to point to its existence and there is a small captive market there for the simple merchandise hut outside the McLeod st entrances which seems to have disappeared.

There seems no atttempt to market or even advertise games to the huge number of tourists who mob the city especially at Festival time and around Christmas and New Year.

Firework Phil's pyrotechnics were ridiculed by old fogeys like me but anyone who has atttended a WWE event (on which there was a thread recently) knows how much hype, noise and lights mean to an audience of a certain age - the pre-event palaver generates more excitement than the actual "fights" do.

Half time is also, as has been said, wasted as far as revenue generation is concerned. A small point, but if the HT draw was made immediately at the HT whistle and the winners (having shown their winning ticket to a steward) were presented with their prizes at the end of HT by that day's "legend" I am sure there would be more interest in draw tickets.

in no particular order;

sell the stadium naming rights

eat more pies, crisps, bovril & juice etc

encourage friends to attend games or buy them tickets

buy something from the club shop

join the club lottery draw and/or half-time draw

in short find a way to spend some more money on HMFC .............

here's a very easy way, earn money for hearts every time you do some shopping online! can raise hundreds of pounds a year just by doing all your normal shopping like groceries, insurance, flights etc.

http://www.our-megastore.com/hearts

It is disappointing that since Anderton left there doesn't seem to have been much imagination applied to generating extra revenue. I'd like to spend more in the shop for example but struggle to find anything of any quality I want (and I am a sucker for Hearts merchandise).

If the bar in the Gorgie suite makes money, why not a beer tent under the Wheatfield? Or a bar in what is now the ticket office building? Doesn't have to be anything fancy. (Bad for local pubs, but if we're talking about survival ...).

I've arrived early for a couple of games recently and have been surprised to see quite a few foreigners (mixture of football tourists and ordinary tourists) at the game, there half an hour before KO, taking pictures of each other outside the stadium and again when they get in. Some have found the club shop, but there is nothing in McLeod Street even to point to its existence and there is a small captive market there for the simple merchandise hut outside the McLeod st entrances which seems to have disappeared.

There seems no atttempt to market or even advertise games to the huge number of tourists who mob the city especially at Festival time and around Christmas and New Year.

Firework Phil's pyrotechnics were ridiculed by old fogeys like me but anyone who has atttended a WWE event (on which there was a thread recently) knows how much hype, noise and lights mean to an audience of a certain age - the pre-event palaver generates more excitement than the actual "fights" do.

Half time is also, as has been said, wasted as far as revenue generation is concerned. A small point, but if the HT draw was made immediately at the HT whistle and the winners (having shown their winning ticket to a steward) were presented with their prizes at the end of HT by that day's "legend" I am sure there would be more interest in draw tickets.

Mr Anderton had ideas but he was also willing to offer Ranieri the manager's job at something like one or two million pounds a year and that was not including his assistant so if he had his way then we could have been in a worse situation, despite some of his other ideas, which I actually did not mind.

Radioactive Mince

"Dig for victory"

We can all grow individually, but sell collectively, organic produce of the highest quality. We will meet at home games with our produce and Beets (or similar) can borrow a bus to do the final distribution.

I would love to see Francis Albert on the 9:07 KX-Edin dragging 25Kgs of prized marrow into his 1st class seat. :)

Is that the Nigerian guy?

Francis Albert

"Dig for victory"

We can all grow individually, but sell collectively, organic produce of the highest quality. We will meet at home games with our produce and Beets (or similar) can borrow a bus to do the final distribution.

I would love to see Francis Albert on the 9:07 KX-Edin dragging 25Kgs of prized marrow into his 1st class seat. :)

:D

No doubt, but I see enough inert vegetable-like matter on the pitch most games.

Francis Albert

Going back to the tourist thing, in every hotel and B&B in the city there is an array of leaflets in the lobby advertising local attractions, some pretty obscure - "Visit the East Lothian Potato Growing Museum", "Tour the Scenic Shale Bings of West Lothian" and such like. If these sorts of businesses find it worthwhile, why not a suitably illustrated leaflet "Why not take in an SPL game during your stay in the city?"The big plus is that few tourists will know what they are letting themselves in for and you'd just need to attract about 20 mugs to more than cover the costs of the exercise.

Barney Rubble

Going back to the tourist thing, in every hotel and B&B in the city there is an array of leaflets in the lobby advertising local attractions, some pretty obscure - "Visit the East Lothian Potato Growing Museum", "Tour the Scenic Shale Bings of West Lothian" and such like. If these sorts of businesses find it worthwhile, why not a suitably illustrated leaflet "Why not take in an SPL game during your stay in the city?"The big plus is that few tourists will know what they are letting themselves in for and you'd just need to attract about 20 mugs to more than cover the costs of the exercise.

Calling potential customers mugs would be the right way to go about it tho eh !

Hearts supporters being actual supporters & spending money on merchandise & match tickets instead of staying away when times are tough*.

*I realise that this is an uber fan post. Don't care.

CavySlaveJambo

How much do the club pay ticketmaster for using their services for ticketing?

Would it be finacially viable and sane to bring it back in-house?

Francis Albert

Calling potential customers mugs would be the right way to go about it tho eh !

Yes, that was my idea. "Come and watch Hearts you mugs" would have beeen the second line of the sales pitch.

Barney Rubble

Yes, that was my idea. "Come and watch Hearts you mugs" would have beeen the second line of the sales pitch.

That could be our next mantra to replace "together" "come on ye mugs" has a certain ring to it .

scott herbertson

That could be our next mantra to replace "together" "come on ye mugs" has a certain ring to it .

We've done 'we're shite and we know we are' to death so you could be on to something there

Going back to the thread, the tourist hotels leaflet is a good idea, perhaps combiningit with a tear off voucher for food or a mug of bovril( allowing it to be called the Hearts mug offer :rolleyes: )

Charge ?20 for fans to be able to take a penalty at half time against the sub goalie. If you score, you go through to the next round, if you miss you are out. Keep playing until 1 person wins. Doesn't have to be all on one game. Mass tournament basically which should reduce in numbers fast. Would need good organisation though. Winner could get ?100 or something, club gets the rest. Repeat over and over throughout season. That's my idea anyway, feel free to dismiss!

With 36 million of debt we would need a lot of 20 quids! Halftime is 15 minutes say 6 people (allowing for round2 etc) so that's 120 quid giving 100 to the winner so we make 20 quid a home game of which there are 19 so we would make 380 over a season - I'm up for that!

Archived