Twilight

Lobey Dosser

I HATE these films.

Aside from the terrible acting, the "vampires" doesn't bite people, they live in the woods, and they sparkle. They are not vampires, they are more like fairies.

Another thing that perplexes me - if vampires can't see their reflections, how come their hair is always so perfectly neat and groomed?

The only thing I hate more than these films are the "Twihards", who ask excitedly if you are "Team Edward", or "Team Jacob". I'd like to machine-gun the lot of them.

I'm sorry. I have woken up in a bad mood. Mainly because I am going to see it tomorrow with Mrs JJ, in a bridge-building exercise.

You lost all credibility with the last paragraph.

Then I may as well go for broke, and tell you that, inexplicably, I have seen all of the Twilight films thus far.

The first one; because I was curious, and wanted to see what all the fuss was about, and I believe that one should always be in a position to have in a opinion.

The second one; I wanted to see if it would get better.

I have no defence from this point onwards.

Only seen the first one and that was enough.Even the wife thought it was ******* drivel and she can watch some pish.As above True Blood pisses all over it.What I really hate about the movies though is now everything tries to be like them **** even the new Teen Wolf tv show was like a Twilight rip off.

Dean Winchester

Only seen the first one and that was enough.Even the wife thought it was ******* drivel and she can watch some pish.As above True Blood pisses all over it.What I really hate about the movies though is now everything tries to be like them **** even the new Teen Wolf tv show was like a Twilight rip off.

Think that had more violence in it to be fair... :lol:

Dean Winchester

Think that had more violence in it to be fair... :lol:

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I'm going to see it with the girlfriend tomorrow night.

:facepalm:

It is a means to an end though. My parents are taking their granchild for the night so that we can go out and I can get pissed afterwards :smile:

It is a means to an end though. My parents are taking their granchild for the night so that we can go out and I can get pissed afterwards :smile:

You'd be better getting pissed first than having to sit through that sober

It's nice to know that others are in the same boat.

I console with the fact that after tomorrow night, I need never think about it again.

I'll be watching it with the trouble and strife like I did the previous ones, but at least I've got an unlimited cinema card, so It doesnt cost me anything........ Except my sanity that is.

I have noticed that the Mrs is more inclined to have a bit of 'how's your father' after watching it though, so every cloud and all that. :smuggy:

It's nice to know that others are in the same boat.

I console with the fact that after tomorrow night, I need never think about it again.

Did I not see somewhere that this is Breaking Dawn: Part 1? Which implies there will at least be a part 2.

Dean Winchester

Did I not see somewhere that this is Breaking Dawn: Part 1? Which implies there will at least be a part 2.

Indeed :lol: :lol:

The first Twilight was on tv last Saturday i think. Was watching it with the bursd. First time i had seen it and thought it was balls.

There was a weird vampire one on afterwards tho. About a young boy and a young female vampire. Think it was a Swedish film but can't for the life of me remember what it was called. I must admit though, i quite enjoyed it.

jamboinglasgow

Yup, esstionally they saw Harry Potter spiliting the final book into two movies due to it being so big, so decided they should do the same as it will milk more out of the final book of the franchise.

I have watched the first two, but only with funny commentary from a site called Rifftrax (its done by 3 of the people who did Mystery Science Theater 3000.) They basically take the piss out of the movie for the whole of it. Only way it can make that tripe bearable enough to watch. Here is a video of the best bits of the first film with the commentary on (it is black for the first 30 seconds as that is the intro they do before the movie starts.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2T6oMfI9Ro

The first Twilight was on tv last Saturday i think. Was watching it with the bursd. First time i had seen it and thought it was balls.

There was a weird vampire one on afterwards tho. About a young boy and a young female vampire. Think it was a Swedish film but can't for the life of me remember what it was called. I must admit though, i quite enjoyed it.

Here it is. Let The Right One In.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_the_Right_One_In_(film)

I would recommend it.

I saw the first one, as I was tricked into it with the promise of a Burger King and there would be a decent bursd in it.

I've regretted that decision every day since.

Might just be me, like, but when I was younger, vampires sucked blood.

Not ******.

Did they not do an American version with the lass that plays Hit-Girl in Kick-Ass?

Couldn't tell you. Not sure an Americanized version would top this one though.

Did they not do an American version with the lass that plays Hit-Girl in Kick-Ass?

Indeed they did, (Let me In). Not seen that one though, only the original (which is a great movie).

yes its an exact remake called let me in

FFS!!

Snake Plissken

I HATE these films.

Aside from the terrible acting, the "vampires" doesn't bite people, they live in the woods, and they sparkle. They are not vampires, they are more like fairies.

Another thing that perplexes me - if vampires can't see their reflections, how come their hair is always so perfectly neat and groomed?

The only thing I hate more than these films are the "Twihards", who ask excitedly if you are "Team Edward", or "Team Jacob". I'd like to machine-gun the lot of them.

I'm sorry. I have woken up in a bad mood. Mainly because I am going to see it tomorrow with Mrs JJ, in a bridge-building exercise.

Still dealing with the fallout from Phonegate then JJ?

Should have followed mine and Tom Hardy's advice, then she'd be making you a delicious sandwich instead :smug:

Still dealing with the fallout from Phonegate then JJ?

Should have followed mine and Tom Hardy's advice, then she'd be making you a delicious sandwich instead :smug:

:naughty: But good work fella. :thumbs_up:

Sergio Garcia

I managed 20 minutes before I had an "emergency call" from work which meant the Ex could watch the film and me avoid the best part of the film in the Spoons downstairs.

I managed to avoid the rest thankfully.

Just back from pub and going with the good lady shortly.... Hopeing a twist may happen, where Rambo pops up and takes all the wolves n vampires out, Rambo then goes home to finally live in piece.

Just back from pub and going with the good lady shortly.... Hopeing a twist may happen, where Rambo pops up and takes all the wolves n vampires out, Rambo then goes home to finally live in piece.

Rambo will never live in peace. Just not in his nature.

not being prepubescant i will not be watching twilight

i like my vampire movies, books and stuff, but the little of the film (first one) i watched and the couple of chapters i managed were dreadful so no thanks

quite fancy seeing vamphibian though woot.gif

oh and let the right one in was a great vampire film. anyone read the book??

Is that the foreign one? Seen both, thought the original was far better(as is usually the case). Not read the book, imagine it would be really good though.

Archived