Have we been paid Wallace transfer fee?

jambodoug

In all the gloating in the media these past few weeks and months, it would be a fair question to ask.

Anyway are there any SPL rules about time limits for transfer fees to be paid?

I asked the question yesterday on another thread and I think a journalist looked into previously to see if Rangers were up to date and they are. I don't think it will be monthly instalments, more like every 6 months.

john brownlee

We have received ?400,000 and are still due ?1.1m.

And the huns are rumoured to be buying at least three player in the Jan window, a couple of Indians and a Korean how can that be.

And the huns are rumoured to be buying at least three player in the Jan window, a couple of Indians and a Korean how can that be.

Depends when the next installment is due.

If it is overdue then you would have a point. If it isn't due for a few months yet then there is no reason why they can't go about their business as usual.

I hope Hearts have an eye on the situation over there though. We simply cannot afford to be bumped out of any money from this deal.

I hope Hearts have an eye on the situation over there though. We simply cannot afford to be bumped out of any money from this deal.

We should have been more aware when the deal was done. A bit of forward planning would have highlighted the need for a better installment structure instead of a measly upfront payment.

We should have been more aware when the deal was done. A bit of forward planning would have highlighted the need for a better installment structure instead of a measly upfront payment.

To be honest our situation when he was sold was probably the same as it is today. Any sort of income will do.

Rangers prob had one eye on our dire financial mess. They probably offered installments or no deal.

probably covered on the Rangers Martin Bain thread, but should we also be thinking about getting our final instalments ring fenced if they go pop re the tax case ? would be interested to see what would happen to ownership of the title of Lee Wallace's registration in the event of partial payment default

(saying that somethign tells me in the strange world of football finance trnasfer fees are ring fenced anyway ?? anyone shed light ?

Malcolm Tucker

I assume this is after International appearances, Club appearances etc...?

Short of actually seeing the contract in black and white, I fail to see how anyone can possibly know this level of detail.

We definitely received ?1m up front. As this is a round figure it sounds made up but it is correct. I don't know the details of any further payments that may be due.

Fozzyonthefence

We're not due anything, the next payment is after 12 internationals.

I don't believe that for a second, especially after just coming back from a serious injury.

We're not due anything, the next payment is after 12 internationals.

I believe three instalments one paid, next one xmas third one beg of next season highest one was first and paid.

We definitely received ?1m up front. As this is a round figure it sounds made up but it is correct. I don't know the details of any further payments that may be due.

Some conflicting statements there!

No offence but how the heck do people end up so sure that they know the real details about this sort of thing?

And how can journalists just go and check it? "Oy Rangers insider, are you up to date on your payments?" "Er, yeah...course we are..." unsure.gif

For what it's worth, for some reason I have a funny feeling they probably don't owe us anything but nonetheless...it surely has to be a very difficult thing to find out details about?

I find it very difficult to believe we only took ?400,000 up front from Rangers. We knew Rangers were having financial problems and Romanov hasn't exactly been desperate to sell to the Old Firm in the past. I'm also struggling to understand how so many people know the exact (and conflicting) details of the transfer.

I find it very difficult to believe we only took ?400,000 up front from Rangers. We knew Rangers were having financial problems and Romanov hasn't exactly been desperate to sell to the Old Firm in the past. I'm also struggling to understand how so many people know the exact (and conflicting) details of the transfer.

Don't you think that Hearts own financial problems might have determined how much and when for Wallace?

We are getting it over 3 seasons. Personally I'd be doing a Bain and securing our money.

Archived