Drinkin' Dens in Dungdee.

J Cheever Loophole

J Cheever Loophole

Heading up on Saturday by train and before I Google a pub crawl route,I would be very much obliged if any KBers could recommend pubs to have pint in or pubs to avoid.

I once had a night pubbing and clubbing in Dundee,when the wife was under the impression I was fighting off midges,fishing up at Loch Awe but that was many years ago though.woot.gif

Heading up on Saturday by train and before I Google a pub crawl route,I would be very much obliged if any KBers could recommend pubs to have pint in or pubs to avoid.

I once had a night pubbing and clubbing in Dundee,when the wife was under the impression I was fighting off midges,fishing up at Loch Awe but that was many years ago though.woot.gif

Frews bar near Dens park always lets away fans in through the back lounge. Also had pies on before the game too. As for Dundee centre im not too sure. Id say avoid the Centenery bar at the top of the hill at Dens park.

The Trades, opposite the big shopping centre, is great

The Speedwell Bar on the Perth Roas (fair walk from the ground though) is great too

The Speedwell Bar on the Perth Roas (fair walk from the ground though) is great too

The Speedwell is the best bar I know in Dundee by a country mile. It's also one of the few that has decent ales.

By the way, for any aficionados of the remarkable Tay Bridge Bar (also on the Perth Road): it's currently closed for refurbishment, or at least it was a couple of weeks ago.

:thumbsup:

If your getting the train then Trades is for sure your best bet, it also has a taxi rank outside it, its got a good selection of drinks.

The Phoenix aswell is pretty good if a little small. Its on the same road as Trades but further away from the ground up near the University.

Oh aye - the Phoenix - that's another good one.

Last time I was in the Speedwell (or Mrs Mennie's as it is known to locals) it had Belgian fruit beer on draught.

Mmmm

J Cheever Loophole

The Counting House - open from 8am, for those who like a liquid breakfast. :whistling:

I like my Stella crispy in the morning.smile.gif

As mentioned Trades Bar is a good pub, Pheonix and I also like Braes on Perth Rd too. Tickety Boos is a decent boozer down toward Seagate as well.

Frews bar along from Dens Park, was my local when I lived in Dundee, excellent pub and will be mix of home and away support.

Micky Coyles in Hawkhill, not too far from station, and the aforementioned Trades, tho daunder round the corner to the Pillars, quality people watching in there!

Archived