Eleven Goals at Tynecastle - Hearts in Rampant Form

Hearts Heritage

Hearts Heritage

Great stuff!!!

Saw you at that game, didn't I?

I was the one in the flat cap with the box brownie

a0727_mid.jpg

Talking of easing off, I'm still annoyed at the game against them in Jan 2006 when we went 4-0 up after 49 minutes against 10 men.

As I have said before, the best Hearts team never to have won a trophy. This team continued the idea prevalent even at that time that Hearts' great downfall was their inconsiostency. They had wonderfully gifted players - Tommy Walker was probably one of the best players in Europe at that time - and a forward line which was the envy of many but they were just too inconsistent in the league and Cups,

To give you an idea, the week before that 8-3 game against Hibs we lost 0-2 away at Queen of the South. Out of 19 away league games that season, we lost 10. We lost in the first round of the Scottish Cup against Third Lanark.

Its hard to imagine hiow frustrating it must have been in those days to watch this stellar Hearts team banging in 8, 7, 6 goals regularly one week and them going down tamely the following week.

GC

Hearts Heritage

As I have said before, the best Hearts team never to have won a trophy. This team continued the idea prevalent even at that time that Hearts' great downfall was their inconsiostency. They had wonderfully gifted players - Tommy Walker was probably one of the best players in Europe at that time - and a forward line which was the envy of many but they were just too inconsistent in the league and Cups,

To give you an idea, the week before that 8-3 game against Hibs we lost 0-2 away at Queen of the South. Out of 19 away league games that season, we lost 10. We lost in the first round of the Scottish Cup against Third Lanark.

Its hard to imagine hiow frustrating it must have been in those days to watch this stellar Hearts team banging in 8, 7, 6 goals regularly one week and them going down tamely the following week.

GC

Arguably Hearts best ever set of Forwards , yes, even better than the 1950s side. The sale of Alex Massie was probably pivotal in their failure to win a trophy. Imagine the 1950s side without Dave MacKay.

I noted the plural 'Hibernians' was still used by 1935.

When did they become Hibernian?

Archived