Football Banning Orders issued in Scotland

Big_Hearts_Runner

Big_Hearts_Runner

http://www.scotsman.com/scotland-on-sunday/politics/probe_into_celtic_fans_as_rangers_top_ban_league_1_1963278

So from that article since 2006 broken down by club it is:

Rangers- 77

Celtic (Aka: TGFITW)- 36

Aberdeen- 15

Dundee- 6

Motherwell- 5

Hearts- 5

Hibs- 4

And erm Auchinleck Talbot- 4

Interesting.

http://www.scotsman.com/scotland-on-sunday/politics/probe_into_celtic_fans_as_rangers_top_ban_league_1_1963278

So from that article since 2006 broken down by club it is:

Rangers- 77

Celtic (Aka: TGFITW)- 36

Aberdeen- 15

Dundee- 6

Motherwell- 5

Hearts- 5

Hibs- 4

And erm Auchinleck Talbot- 4

Interesting.

Should be more all round.

Rangers more than double Celtic's number :vrface:

going by my experience of both sets of supporters from living in Glasgow, I can't say I'm surprised by that.

ONLY 4 for Auchinleck Talbot.

:ninja:

All issued after one match as well! Game against Cumnock where there were mounted cops and riot shields a plenty after a pitch invasion too.

Just another quiet day in the Ayrshire Juniors!!

All issued after one match as well! Game against Cumnock where there were mounted cops and riot shields a plenty after a pitch invasion too.

Just another quiet day in the Ayrshire Juniors!!

Always a classic when these two meet, just had a look at the match report.

"Mounted police had to clear the pitch after missiles were thrown and fighting spilled on the park during the game.

And there was more trouble at the end of the game as the 2000 crowd made their way from the ground."

We're a disgrace! Hearts are meant to top all bad-boy leagues going...I wonder how many we'd have if the referees handed out banning orders?

Another league table we're above Hibs in :whistling:

Yes but 5 represents 0.0003% of our home support whereas 4 represents 25% of the Hobos

:whistling:

GC

Rangers more than double Celtic's number :vrface:

And? I can't believe that this stat (the bit in brackets) is used as some sort of weapon against Celtic.

Rangers fans are much, much worse than Celtic fans - I genuinely can't see how the majority of Hearts fans on here can't seem to notice this.

And? I can't believe that this stat (the bit in brackets) is used as some sort of weapon against Celtic.

Rangers fans are much, much worse than Celtic fans - I genuinely can't see how the majority of Hearts fans on here can't seem to notice this.

That speaks to my experience of 50 years following Hearts!

Not one iota of doubt in my mind that Rangers are by far the worst!!!

MacDonald Jardine

Whether or not that's true in general I genuinely can't see how any Hearts supporter could find Rangers worse if it's based on personal experience.

All Hearts fans have to go on are Hearts v Celtic fixtures and Hearts v Rangers fixtures. It is therefore obvious why Hearts fans find Celtic fans much worse.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I've never seen Rangers fans fighting en masse with stewards in the School End, throw coins at ballboys, throw coins into Section N, hurl foul-mouthed abuse at 11 year old kids on the pitch or protest against Rememberance day. I've also never heard about them attacking food kiosk staff, robbing the kiosks, attacking poppy sellers or causing the police to deploy tear gas in the stadium.

Rangers fans are hugely obnoxious of course, but I've never encountered anything more unpleasant than that from them.

Edited for typo.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

In my experience I've found Rangers supporters to be quite pleasant and get up to nothing more than a bit of friendly banter. Only negative is I have no time for weegies.

You ever tried to walk past a group of tims? It's hellish.

I've never seen Rangers fans fighting en masse with stewards in the School End, throw coins at ballboys, throw coins into Section N, hurl foul-mouthed abuse at 11 year old kids on the pitch or protest against Rememberance day. I've also never heard about them attacking food kiosk staff, robbing the kiosks, attacking poppy sellers or causing the police to deploy tear gas in the stadium.

Rangers fans are hugely obnoxious of course, but I've never encountered anything more unpleasant than that from them.

Edited for typo.

My thoughts exactly.

celtic fans are by far worse than rangers fans during the two nil game last season whilst i was on route to the game i witnessed celtic fans jump put a taxi hurl glass bottles at a group of hearts fans and run off, then as the examples pointed out above i think it can be agreed they are utter scum

All Hearts fans have to go on are Hearts v Celtic fixtures and Hearts v Rangers fixtures. It is therefore obvious why Hearts fans find Celtic fans much worse.

Back in the day I stewarded Hearts vs Celtic and Hibs vs Rangers the latter was a bit more fiery and I'm not shocked to see Rangers head the list. I'm somewhat surprised at the margin though.

I disagree. If you go through life only looking through your own eyes, without attempting to gain a wider perspective, then its a very shallow existence indeed.

Look at Manchester, look at Barcelona, look at what that club has stood for in the past.

We have a bigger rivalry with Celtic, and I'm not a great fan of them at all, but I always find it quite a shame that it's not Rangers

MacDonald Jardine

I disagree. If you go through life only looking through your own eyes, without attempting to gain a wider perspective, then its a very shallow existence indeed.

Look at Manchester, look at Barcelona, look at what that club has stood for in the past.

We have a bigger rivalry with Celtic, and I'm not a great fan of them at all, but I always find it quite a shame that it's not Rangers

So are you suggesting Rangers are worse behaved because they didn't sign Catholics for a while?

I don't believe for a minute the scum we see when Celtic play here become cuddly wee folk when they play in Europe.

Maybe most of the RFC banning orders came about after their wee jaunt to Manchester.

Can't believe Hibs have less than us. I take it the police don't know to turn up around the Omni centre when Hibs play certain teams at home

If the shoe was on the other foot, and Celtic were in Manchester against Zenit then the I doubt the outcome would have been any different.

So are you suggesting Rangers are worse behaved because they didn't sign Catholics for a while?

I don't believe for a minute the scum we see when Celtic play here become cuddly wee folk when they play in Europe.

To be honest, no, but does it not say something for the club and the type of person/family that would support them?

They're definitely not perfect by any means, but for a stat showing what it does to be used as anti-Celtic propoganda - with minimal mention of Rangers - is unbelievable to my eyes.

southside1874

Do we have to go back to basics here? Without prejudice, we have Brits living in Ireland and we have Irish folk living in the UK. Why the hell don't they just get on with it? Celtic and Rangers have marketed themselves on this nonsense for years and previously there was not much us Scots could do about it as we never had the powers until we had our own government to pass powers to deal with it. It has gone unchecked for years and now we are trying to do something constructive to do away with the problem, we should all accept it as stupid and try to move on. This is a social problem and we all have to deal with it so lets bang our heads together and put some effort in.

Idiots want to keep this whole thing going. Idiots want to keep dragging this out by coming out with stupid statements. We all need to stop blaming each other and stand back. The idiots will come to the fore.

We're talking about Old Firm fans so save the philosophical chat. The thought of attempting to gain a wider perspective on something as trivial as who has the worst fans arouses little or no interest whatsoever. A very shallow existence indeed if it does.

gordon the jambo

Edited for typo.

you are spot on

ToadKiller Dog

Can't believe Hibs have less than us. I take it the police don't know to turn up around the Omni centre when Hibs play certain teams at home

Quite a few were lifted not that long ago after the police investigation over violence at the Sunderland friendly ,So the Hobos number could go up if they havent been to court yet . Has our own numpty been banned after being charged at east end park and previously in dundee ?

I remember my 1st time at Ibrox on my own as a laddie. Sitting in the back row of the lower tier trying to avoid a 6 year old trying to gob on me whilst his Dad looked on.

Rangers and Celtic are just two cheeks of the same @r$e

I remember my 1st time at Ibrox on my own as a laddie. Sitting in the back row of the lower tier trying to avoid a 6 year old trying to gob on me whilst his Dad looked on.

Rangers and Celtic are just two cheeks of the same @r$e

I remember in the 70's being in the centre stand at Celtic Park. Myself and some mates were subjected to some very serious verbal abuse from a group of Priests who were obviously drunk. it was really quite shocking.

I concur with your final comment and the expression, so brilliantly created by some kickbacker, JEDWARD springs to mind. They are like two identical twins both as obnoxious as each other but in slighlty different way.

Archived