Holland U21s v Scotland U21s

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

Team for tonight's game announced

Ridgers, Jack, Perry, Wilson, Hanlon, Forrest, Cairney, Wotherspoon, Kelly, Wylde, Rhodes.

Team for tonight's game announced

Ridgers, Jack, Perry, Wilson, Hanlon, Forrest, Cairney, Wotherspoon, Kelly, Wylde, Rhodes.

Nice.

Coverage on Sky Sports 1 at 17:25. :thumbsup:

jamboinglasgow

Much overdue his debut, hopefully he takes the chance with both hands. Looking forward to this match, some good players on show (and some not so, cough* wotherspoon *cough.)

jamboinglasgow

Just read this article in the EEN with Billy Stark

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/football/hearts/stark_backs_young_holt_for_hearts_1_1965128

I have to admit I do question Billy Stark as under 21 manager but some nice quotes from him about Hearts.

?I have a long list of players that are more than capable of coming in for us, younger ones to make the step up, and Jason is certainly in that category,? said Stark of the 18-year-old Jambo. ?He?s a great lad, and loves training and playing. Luckily for us and for Hearts, he?s got tonnes of ability. Sometimes they?re overawed, but Jason was in with the under-21s giving it as good as he got. We know he can handle himself.?

"?I wouldn?t be qualified to make a judgment on [whether or not Holt is promoted to the Hearts first team],? said Stark. ?Hearts have a good calibre of youth player when you judge them against other Scottish teams. Some of those players, like the Scotland under-19 players, Callum Paterson and Jamie Walker, are exciting. There is still a transformation ? they have to take their opportunity in the first team when it comes."

?But, the young ones can do something. You can?t put them in en masse, but one or two can add to the chemistry of the team with their hunger.?

Sergio Garcia

Well done boys, lookin good so far, how does the group look?

P W D L F A D Po

Holland 3 3 0 0 6 0 +6 9

Bulgaria 4 2 1 1 5 3 +2 7

Scotland 3 1 2 0 7 3 +4 5

Austria 4 1 1 2 6 6 - 4

Luxemb 4 0 0 4 4 16 -12 0

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Absolute shocker, always just tip them over the bar FFS, schoolboy stuff!

stirlingshirejambo

bad mistake by ridgers. Don't think it was over line by why didn't he just tip it over. He caught it above crossbar

I know the guy that owns the company who make the gloves Ridgers is wearing. He posted a picture on Facebook earlier wishing him luck for the night. I have advised him to take it down!

stirlingshirejambo

looks over the line linesman got it right .

Disagree i don't think whole ball is over. His foot is on the line and the ball is level with the front of his foot

He should have tipped it over the bar. Basic goalkeeping. But I don't think the whole ball was over the line and the linesman has taken a bit of a guess.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Hes looking shaky, should've came out when barazite was through on goal there, silly booking for wotherspoon too.

Everytime I have seen Ridgers in the flesh (only 4 times tbh) he has looked poor. Appreciate that seems a bit harsh so anyone on here give a more incise view of him?

Forrest and Rhodes look a class above.

jamboinglasgow

What is Wotherspoon for?

Have said many times before I dont get why he keeps getting picked, he has shown no form for a year and a half.

The Old Tolbooth

Apart from a Ridgers howler, and Wotherspoon being absolutely shite at football, I think Scotland have gave a good account of themselves in that first half and played with a lot of pride and passion.

Forrest direct running causing problems but not releasing final ball. Hanlon looking lost

Hanlon and Wylde were both toiling down the left.

Ok

I'm double his age, but with a packet of Just for Men and a forged birth certificate and passport, I could take Wotherspoon's place.

Ok

I'm double his age, but with a packet of Just for Men and a forged birth certificate and passport, I could take Wotherspoon's place.

Doh!!!

Keeper should have done better.

Well done Wotherspoon.

Makes up for the flack taken to make people feel better about themselves that the Hearts keeper is having a shocker. :whistling:

Well done Wotherspoon.

Makes up for the flack taken to make people feel better about themselves that the Hearts keeper is having a shocker. :whistling:

In fairness, he's been having a holocaust out there. His passing has been woeful, and he's asking for a red card. Again, not complaining about his goal.

Archived