Robbo on Vlad

Clerry Jambo

Basically what was in yesterdays Scotland on Sunday. Pretty much the situation. Best thing is if he does walk the debt goes with him but he's not that daft.

RudiMustScore

Sounds like Robbo's setting the scene for a potential move to our arch rivals down the road....Hibs treated him badly and he went on to punish them with Hearts....Hearts (Romanov) treated him badly and I'm sure the wee man is desperate to get his revenge and Hibs would give him the ideal opportunity for payback ;)

Sounds like Robbo's setting the scene for a potential move to our arch rivals down the road....Hibs treated him badly and he went on to punish them with Hearts....Hearts (Romanov) treated him badly and I'm sure the wee man is desperate to get his revenge and Hibs would give him the ideal opportunity for payback ;)

Although I'm sure wee Robbo would take the Hibs job if offered, I don't believe he would be out for "revenge"

The wee man keeps referring to Hearts as "us" and has to much affection for the club.

"HEARTS fans can't complain if Lithuanian owner Vladimir Romanov decides to pull the plug on the Jambos"

Er, I don't get that sentiment. Am I missing something here, but what say have we ever had in matters?

It was Romanov's choice alone to buy the club, invest in players, win the Scottish Cup, increase borrowing and eventually, lose interest.

RudiMustScore

He was initially a Hibs supporter though and although he earned his golden boot with Hearts I think he has a lot to prove after being used by Romanov to shift season tickets before dumping him unceremoniously.

Who knows? Maybe it would all end in tears as Petrie is an arrogant fat d**k and Robbo has a fiery temper...but who knows?

;)

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Last thing I read about Robbo and the question of his club loyalty as a lad did not have him as a Hibby to be honest... Can't remember the exact details but it seemed like he had not made up his mind and was split between the Hearts and Hibs supporting elements of his family. George was a hibby, while Chris was a Jambo or something like that?

As for wanting to ram it right up Hearts like he did Hibs... I do not know my all-time absolute idolised hero personaly, I lap up everything he has said on football and I love the guy like a family member despite never having met the great man, but... Why would he want to hurt a group of thousands of people who adore and worship him, just because he was once let go by the current owner of an ancient and proud institution that he is as much a part of as the colour oof strip we play in?

As I said, I am no personal friend of his and no expert on my hero but... Suggesting that after everything he has become at Hearts that he would now somehow want to go out of his way to do us harm and enjoy it out of revenge just makes no sense to me at all, sorry.

The excellent Hearts video: 'Hearts a Celebration' gives the last interview and bit of dialougue to this fantastic man, he tells the camera that "People always tell him that Hearts have a lot to thank him for" but he thinks "it's the other way about, I've a lot to thank Hearts for. They were the club that gave me a platform to play football for 13 years and they are the club I will always be associated with and rightly so, I wouldn't want it any other way".

Now, I am not stupid or na?ve and I realise that he needs to look after his career and his future and so I would not rule out him taking the Hibs job if offered but... Suggesting he would take pleasure in hurting Hearts and us because he was sacked by Romanov? Well make up your own mind but I do not believe that for a second. Sorry.

Revenge for what? He is a hero and legend to hundreds of thousands at Hearts.

The Old Tolbooth

He was initially a Hibs supporter though

Pretty sure that's just a myth, one of his brothers is a rabid Hibs fan, and his other brother is a Rangers fan, I think I'm correct in saying that Robbo went along to watch any football he could as he was more of just a football than following any team, he played most Saturdays too.

He was initially a Hibs supporter though and although he earned his golden boot with Hearts I think he has a lot to prove after being used by Romanov to shift season tickets before dumping him unceremoniously.

Who knows? Maybe it would all end in tears as Petrie is an arrogant fat d**k and Robbo has a fiery temper...but who knows?

;)

No he wasn't - urban myth !! They knocked him back as a youngster, he joined Hearts and the rest is history.

One thing's for sure,he was not a Hearts fan as a kid,BUT,what I will say is that Paul Kane was very close to saying he(JR) was a hibby as a youngster at his surprise "this is your life" thing in the gorgie suite a few years back,so as for it being an urban myth,I have my doubts,but TBH I couldn't have cared less,he was a fantastic player for us and a nice chap to boot.

One thing's for sure,he was not a Hearts fan as a kid,BUT,what I will say is that Paul Kane was very close to saying he(JR) was a hibby as a youngster at his surprise "this is your life" thing in the gorgie suite a few years back,so as for it being an urban myth,I have my doubts,but TBH I couldn't have cared less,he was a fantastic player for us and a nice chap to boot.

Some of his family were Hibby's, but Robbo was too busy playing to really support a team - the he was a hibs fan is born out of the fact his family were/are Hibby's and it was about the only thing the Hobo's could think up to wind us up about him. Paul Kane on the other hand now there is a hibby through and through, if you are in the company of those two you'll know exactly where Robbo's allegiances lie, its very entertaining.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Pretty sure JR himself said he was not a Hibby. I read the words of John himself I seem to remember and he said he was neither a Hearts nor a Hibs fan at the time.

Think I'll stick with Robbo's word rather than Kane's tbh.

Anyway, even if he was one of them back then... After all he has done and all we love him for, I am yet to be convinced that he would feel any satisfaction out of feelings of vengeance towards Hearts and us as a fanbase if he ever took a job at Hibs.

Pretty sure JR himself said he was not a Hibby. I read the words of John himself I seem to remember and he said he was neither a Hearts nor a Hibs fan at the time.

Think I'll stick with Robbo's word rather than Kane's tbh.

Anyway, even if he was one of them back then... After all he has done and all we love him for, I am yet to be convinced that he would feel any satisfaction out of feelings of vengeance towards Hearts and us as a fanbase if he ever took a job at Hibs.

As already mentioned the wee man refers to Hearts as "US".....good enough for me.

An old neighbour of mine was very friendly with the family when he stayed in lady nairne and he was adamant that robbo grew up a Jambo like his dad but when his dad died the brother George had him following hibs.

Gregory House M.D.

It would seem you'd want him to succeed at Hibs...

Me? I'd rather he failed.

Miserably.

Some of his family were Hibby's, but Robbo was too busy playing to really support a team - the he was a hibs fan is born out of the fact his family were/are Hibby's and it was about the only thing the Hobo's could think up to wind us up about him. Paul Kane on the other hand now there is a hibby through and through, if you are in the company of those two you'll know exactly where Robbo's allegiances lie, its very entertaining.

Yes,he did say that they were very good friends when growing up and as I say paul kane was very,very close to saying what team he supported as a kid and he certainly wasn't pushing the Hearts supporter theory,perhaps someone else who was at that do can confirm it as well.

As I say,I couldn't give a toss whether he was a hibby or not,he done what he done in a Hearts top (and Scotland) thats good enough for me :thumbsup:

Yes,he did say that they were very good friends when growing up and as I say paul kane was very,very close to saying what team he supported as a kid and he certainly wasn't pushing the Hearts supporter theory,perhaps someone else who was at that do can confirm it as well.

As I say,I couldn't give a toss whether he was a hibby or not,he done what he done in a Hearts top (and Scotland) thats good enough for me :thumbsup:

Kano is a decent bloke, he's passionate about Hibs and I respect him for that. A large number of the Edinburgh lads from that era are very good friends even tho they went head to head on the park in some real battles. They certainly put a lot of days merceneries to shame with their attitude to the game and their love for the clubs who gave them a career.

If Robbo does get the gig I hope he has a miserable time there but not because of what he has said.

I do not think he is having a go at Vlad or Hearts, in fact on both counts, I think it is the opposite. He is simply expressing a concern if there is no buyer. I at the moment do not think it would be as gloomy as he does but he means well by expressing it and he is more entitled to than some of the nomarks.

Pretty sure that's just a myth, one of his brothers is a rabid Hibs fan, and his other brother is a Rangers fan, I think I'm correct in saying that Robbo went along to watch any football he could as he was more of just a football than following any team, he played most Saturdays too.

I thought Robbo was a hibs fan (I'm sure he admitted it, maybe on his video) but after talks witth the wee team went sour, he signed for us and his brother Chris was already playing for us which influenced his decision. He was also guaranteed first team football with us - which at the time hibs couldn't guarantee.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

It would seem you'd want him to succeed at Hibs...

Me? I'd rather he failed.

Miserably.

To which, if and when it happened, there could be only one possible response:

"Mission accomplished, Agent Robertson. Return to base".

RudiMustScore

To which, if and when it happened, there could be only one possible response:

"Mission accomplished, Agent Robertson. Return to base".

:thumbsup:

good interview and interesting his points about the last incumbucants that sold us out, yes we know the pie man done us in and he rightly so is forever never welcome to darken our doostep.

but his 50/50 partner the dodgy solicitor still seems to court the press despite taking his half share of the 30 pieces of silver.

NEVER TRUST AN ESTATE AGENT. Was what i was always told between a pieman and an estate agent whats worse, well the estate agent riggles himself out from under the stone and tries to look like he is the good guy.

I was under the impression that The Pieman still attends every home match... Jambosrbarry... Darkens quite a lot... :o

He does, in the Director's box and he makes the most of the free food and drink pre and post match and half time.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Was Deans not also very outspoken against the sale of Tynecastle and move to Murryfield? I thought he was a shareholder but no longer held a position at the club and dissagreed with much of Robinson's plans including the SMG deal, which he resigned over. Okay so he sold his shares to Vlad but if had not then it was Murrayfield under CPR was it not? :o

I might not be remembering everything right but if so then I am struggling to understand what I am supposed to furious at Deans for now.. :(.

RudiMustScore

I believe Deans gave (Or Sold) half his shares to Romanov and the other to the Trust. I don't know if he was paid for them or not?

But the trust had a hard time getting them off him in order to transfer shares to Trust members who had paid in 2004-05 and I believe have only in the past year been slowly given out?

I believe Deans gave (Or Sold) half his shares to Romanov and the other to the Trust. I don't know if he was paid for them or not?

But the trust had a hard time getting them off him in order to transfer shares to Trust members who had paid in 2004-05 and I believe have only in the past year been slowly given out?

The Trust retains those shares in proxy of those who left money in SoH.

I received a certificate detailing how many shares I had in my name in proxy to the Trust. I believe there are moves to move the shares into the individuals names, but not sure how long this process will take.

Archived