Hartson elbowing Webster

Stanley_

I was watching this video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_DBNZU0qBw&feature=player_embedded

One of the replies said this: "i remember this .Hartson never touched webster.From that camera angle which the bbc showed proudly for almost 1 week .Guess what .New footage came out and clearly showed webster simulated/dived.Also remember Craig levein condeming Hartson for the so called elbow.Resulting in him? making a total fool of himself when the new footage came out the following day.FACT! but guess some people prefer to believe non factual".

Am I right in think that the comment is just the usual paranoid Celtic fan nonsense and there's no truth in it?

givememychoice

I was watching this video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_DBNZU0qBw&feature=player_embedded

One of the replies said this: "i remember this .Hartson never touched webster.From that camera angle which the bbc showed proudly for almost 1 week .Guess what .New footage came out and clearly showed webster simulated/dived.Also remember Craig levein condeming Hartson for the so called elbow.Resulting in him? making a total fool of himself when the new footage came out the following day.FACT! but guess some people prefer to believe non factual".

Am I right in think that the comment is just the usual paranoid Celtic fan nonsense and there's no truth in it?

I certainly dont remember any other contradictory footage. Its also clearly a red card. even if he didnt connect (which he did), then the intent was still there.

also, i assume they can provide said footage?

whats your next case,Rudi spitting on Lennon ?

:lol:

I know it's an obvious elbow but I'm assuming something made the Celtic fan make that claim about there being other footage. Having said that, I'm sure one someone in the media claimed the Andy Davis incident was a penalty even after the footage of it so anything is possible.

:lol:

I know it's an obvious elbow but I'm assuming something made the Celtic fan make that claim about there being other footage. Having said that, I'm sure one someone in the media claimed the Andy Davis incident was a penalty even after the footage of it so anything is possible.

Graham Spiers

alwaysthereinspirit

That footage clearly shows Webster trying to influence the elbow of Hartson into making a disgusting foul. Thank god video evidence cleared Hartson. :whistling:

Few more incidents in Scottish football made me angrier than this one.

Martin O'Neill claimed the defender elbowed himself in the face, yet no-one derided it.

Hearts provided that footage which shows Hartson attacking Webster, but the SFA claimed nothing could be done as they didn't own the footage - or some similar bollocks.

The incident was talked about, but no pundit or journalist criticised Hartson's behaviour or character.

Everyone talks about bias in Scottish football. While I believe it exists in officials to an extent, it is nothing compared to the bias in the media where a majority believe it is their job to peddle the Old Firm agenda at all times for fear of upsetting their audience/listeners/readership.

Imagine if Ian Black had done something similar. It's ******* bollocks.

That's right, footage from Hearts came from the pro-zone cameras iirc so the SFA claimed it was not admissible

If the shoe was on the other foot I could see a quick rule change going through inno time

jamboinglasgow

here is John Hartson having a go at Rooney for elbowing James MacCarthy, well done whoever put the video together with a link in the description to the Webster elbow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecGk9YW2kXU

Its a disgrace. Hartson then put this in his weekly Sun article two years, http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/columnists/johnhartson/2778309/Craig-tried-me-by-TV.html

He admits that he hit Webster but claims it was a bit of jossling between him and Webster and Webster got a sore face, but Hartson never meant it so Levein was a disgrace for trying to get him banned through the use of tv evidence.

Johanes de Silentio

Martin O'Neill claimed the defender elbowed himself in the face, yet no-one derided it.

The incident was talked about, but no pundit or journalist criticised Hartson's behaviour or character.

I called up Traynor on 'Your Call' at the time, and he agreed that O'Neill's statement was ludicrous, laughing that Webster would have had to temporarily disclocate his shoulder to elbow himself - when I asked Traynor why he and others let O'Neill and the rest away with such chat, he just laughed it off, then cut me off - the truth is that the media know where their bread is buttered.

Herald article

In one article Hartson was reported as saying: ''He [Webster] said to me he thought I'd caught him with an elbow and that's why he went down but I knew I had done no such thing and, if we had weaker officials, I could have been sent off because of his reaction.'' He went on: ''All I'm saying here is that there is no way I hit him with an elbow. He had nudged me with his shoulder a couple of seconds earlier as if he was trying to say 'Right, game on.' I nudged him back with my shoulder and he went down holding his face. The second I was yellow carded he was back on his feet without a mark on him. If I had caught him with an elbow, it would have been a different story. ''I would have deserved a red card, because that kind of thing should be stamped out of the game. I'm all for that.''

:yucky:

I remember the game and the elbowing incident,Webster was raging.Later in the game Webster went right through Hartson,who got up laughed and patted him on the back as they both walked away laughing.

What annoyed me was the game was about 3 mins old. The Lino raised his flag, so must have seen it. Ref shit himself and gave yellow where it can ONLY be red.

That was a prime example of how the media pander to Celtic. When O'Neill made those ridiculous comments, they were immediately accepted - that comment alone was far more ludicrous than any of 'Mad' Vlad's 'rants'. I can't remember which one of the red-top-rags went even further by having the video fully assessed by the impartial Billy McNeil, who stated that (and I'm paraphrasing) "I don't see why there's any fuss - it's clear Webster made contact with himself". Needless to say, I was seething when I read that.

Possibly the most damning thing was the fact that the referee clearly saw it, as he showed Hartson the yellow card. I'm not sure he could have interpreted an off-the-ball incident of that nature as anything but a red card.

I am sure Matin O'Neill said that Webster elbowed himself.

Yep and if Webster was any sort of gentleman he'd have offered to serve Hartsons suspension for him.

Webster's never been the same player since imo.

Still suffers head trauma to this day... causing him to miss games when he doesn't fancy it.

I have every sympathy for what Hartson had to go through with his cancer although you could also argue that he was a very, very lucky man because there can't be that many people who glaringly had the symptons, did nothing about it, to then make a full recovery. There are others who have lost their lives very quickly through this disease who showed no symptons until it was too late.

However, it gives me the boak the amount of respect he gets on here. He's been lying every day since that Webster incident and still continues to keep up the pretence, especially in the full knowledge his press cronies will never pick him up on it - even when he got tore in about the SCOTLAND NATIONAL TEAM MANAGER. Then there are his views on the Rooney incident.

This is also the same Hartson that deliberately stamped on a team mate's HEAD.

The man is quite simply a two faced coward. If there is any truth in the rumours he is up for the Hobos job, I hope he gets it so that so that we can inflict pain on him every single day he's there.

I have every sympathy for what Hartson had to go through with his cancer although you could also argue that he was a very, very lucky man because there can't be that many people who glaringly had the symptons, did nothing about it, to then make a full recovery. There are others who have lost their lives very quickly through this disease who showed no symptons until it was too late.

However, it gives me the boak the amount of respect he gets on here. He's been lying every day since that Webster incident and still continues to keep up the pretence, especially in the full knowledge his press cronies will never pick him up on it - even when he got tore in about the SCOTLAND NATIONAL TEAM MANAGER. Then there are his views on the Rooney incident.

This is also the same Hartson that deliberately stamped on a team mate's HEAD.

The man is quite simply a two faced coward. If there is any truth in the rumours he is up for the Hobos job, I hope he gets it so that so that we can inflict pain on him every single day he's there.

Whilst at Celtic, I hope...?!?!?!?!?!? :woot:

marshallschunkychicken

Did Martin O'Neill not come out with something crazy like 'The arm in question was not the arm of John Hartson', which gave the impression that there was some crazed disembodied limb going about assaulting people. It may be related to the 'sinister unseen hand' that Rangers fans were going on about a few years ago.

Anyway, Hartson is just misunderstood.

Berkovic_380x407_990706a.jpg

The Great Khali

Few more incidents in Scottish football made me angrier than this one.

Hearts provided that footage which shows Hartson attacking Webster, but the SFA claimed nothing could be done as they didn't own the footage - or some similar bollocks.

Everyone talks about bias in Scottish football. While I believe it exists in officials to an extent, it is nothing compared to the bias in the media where a majority believe it is their job to peddle the Old Firm agenda at all times for fear of upsetting their audience/listeners/readership.

Imagine if Ian Black had done something similar. It's ******* bollocks.

New year Derby, Ian Murray could quite easily have killed Ian Black. Did the officials do anything? No. Did the media mention it? A line in the match report.

Ian Black injured Jelabic for Rangers at Tynie, the media still talk about it to this day.

New year Derby, Ian Murray could quite easily have killed Ian Black. Did the officials do anything? No. Did the media mention it? A line in the match report.

Ian Black injured Jelabic for Rangers at Tynie, the media still talk about it to this day.

Overreaction.jpg

The Great Khali

Overreaction.jpg

Haha even though the picture made me chuckle, if you look at that "challenge" again it's probably no that much of an over-reaction. He was out cold!!

Archived