former hearts players in your family

superjack

Doctor FinnBarr

Well on this site it is easy . Everyone is so friendly :lol:

Or maybe not.

That's correct, but as it happens SRJ was offering some information that was tangential, but still interesting. Things like that happen on threads, especially on a busy forum with lots of members like this one.

Moreover, SRJ's post wasn't snide, smart-arsed or arsey - which is more than can be said for your response.

I suggest you get with the programme and stop diverting threads off topic, then maybe you'll be less likely to alienate people around here.

Love and hugs. :thumbsup:

P.S. The comment about keeping things on topic applies to everyone.

Bitch slapped Edin!

:lol:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's correct, but as it happens SRJ was offering some information that was tangential, but still interesting. Things like that happen on threads, especially on a busy forum with lots of members like this one.

Moreover, SRJ's post wasn't snide, smart-arsed or arsey - which is more than can be said for your response.

I suggest you get with the programme and stop diverting threads off topic, then maybe you'll be less likely to alienate people around here.

Love and hugs. :thumbsup:

P.S. The comment about keeping things on topic applies to everyone.

My cousin played for Motherwell. Yes - brilliantly interesting. :lol:

My response was smart arsed and arsey ? It was single pic. I must have done well.

So let me get this straight. I am diverting threads off topic. Yet someone talking about their cousin who played for Motherwell on a thread about ex-Hearts players is on topic ?!

I think you should get your rules up to date so us newbies can know all the details of this stuff. It is rather confusing. :rolleyes:

I think you should get your rules up to date so us newbies can know all the details of this stuff. It is rather confusing. :rolleyes:

You have a PM.

Now, back on topic......

Suspect Device

My Grandad played for St Bernards / Raith Rovers / Middlesborough amoungst others.

not Hearts though ! -- stayed in Robbie Ave if that counts :whistling:

unfortunately he was a crap husband and father

as well as my great grandfather , i have another one , well more an almost one.

when i worked in the sample room , craig leveins cousin also worked there.

so , the fact i was pumping leveins cousin , does that count?

by the way , she was quite fit but at the same time , looked like him a wee bit , is that weird?

by the way , she was quite fit but at the same time , looked like him a wee bit , is that weird?

You must have been able to last longer if that thought was cropping up in your head

Say What Again

I have two. John & Chris Robertson are my 2nd cousins (my Dad's cousins).

Can also claim another footballer, as Adrian Sprott of Hamilton v Rangers fame, is married to my cousin.

I gave you a much easier post to troll. Mine wasn't even about football and had practically no relevance to the thread.

No change there then :whistling:

Under Tommy "hamster pus" McLean my cousin from down under got a trial but with the regime at Heart at the time it never came to anything. He went on to have a trial with Livingston and another club. In the end he went back to Australia to continue to develop there.

It might have been better for him had JJ been there when he had his trial.

My friend is Leveins cousin,will need to find out if its the same one

Stupid Sexy Flanders

are people saying my cousins, my grandad etc instead of naming names because they're bullshitting? or what? :confused:

Sorry, my grandad's name was Willie Grant, I just didn't mention it as I'd be surprised if anyone has heard of him, as I said it was a long time ago, he was only 17 and only played a couple of games in the first team. :thumbsup:

My grandad played for hearts, left to play for Motherwell the year before the Hearts team joined the war effort. He signed up for the Navy from Motherwell. lost a few good mates in the war, and always considered himself to be lucky to come home.

He also played for Celtic ,and managed to score against Rangers at Ibrox in front of 65,000.

are people saying my cousins, my grandad etc instead of naming names because they're bullshitting? or what? :confused:

my cosuin who got a trial was called Bradley - satisfied that I am not pulling your chain now dry.gif

No Hearts connections but my mum's cousins husband is Doug Moran who played for Falkirk in the 50s. I think he won the Scottish cup.

No Hearts connections but my mum's cousins husband is Doug Moran who played for Falkirk in the 50s. I think he won the Scottish cup.

He did indeed against Kilmarnock-- he played for Prestonpans YMCA at the same time as my uncle.

My old dear's uncle, Ron Tulloch played for Hearts in the 50s, but there's very little mention of him anywhere that i can find! Did find on London Hearts that he scored against the wee team in the very friendly that they unveiled their floodlights!! http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/195410181.html

Gutted there's not any more info on there about him, but i do know he went on to play for Southend and Carlisle too

Say What Again

My old dear's uncle, Ron Tulloch played for Hearts in the 50s, but there's very little mention of him anywhere that i can find! Did find on London Hearts that he scored against the wee team in the very friendly that they unveiled their floodlights!! http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/195410181.html

:yas:

We even beat them at the unveiling of their sacred floodlights :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Not a Hearts player, but my gran was (she sadly passed away) related to Alan Combe :(

Alan is my cousin, do you know how they were related?

RudiMustScore

Under Tommy "hamster pus" McLean my cousin from down under got a trial but with the regime at Heart at the time it never came to anything. He went on to have a trial with Livingston and another club. In the end he went back to Australia to continue to develop there.

It might have been better for him had JJ been there when he had his trial.

My mum and dad used to run the North Merchiston Boys Club and in the summer it turned into a back up youth hostel. Back in the early 90's a guy came over from Australia to trial at Hearts. He was about 6ft tall.....Brown short hair and was a goalie...can't remember his name though? I remember him saying that he was going back home as Hearts let him go and I'm sure he had a trial for Livingston too?

It would be a small world if this was the same guy! ;)

We even beat them at the unveiling of their sacred floodlights :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I think that's poosibly the best part about it!!!!

Private Womble

Darren Jackson and Michael Stewart are both sons of 2 of my dad's many cousins

I am also a relative of Darren Jackson 2nd cousin or something

Goldstone Wonder

Seem to remember my dad saying Jim Souness was some part of my family not sure what though

Was Jimmy Souness not related to Graeme Souness? Dad or Uncle, maybe?

I'm very distantly related to Woody from the Bay City Rollers if that helps.

rudi must stay

she will have been related to me as well then

oh right, ye you might be. I don't know much about her side of the family tbh

Archived