Didn't quite catch that Giovanni.

...a bit disco

...a bit disco

Trappatoni on tonights game v Estonia.

"'Be careful of the cat. Do not say you have the cat in the sack when you do not have the cat in the sack."

Right then!

:lol:

"'Be careful of the cat. Do not say you have the cat in the sack when you do not have the cat in the sack."

Right then!

"Cat in the sack" is a commom Italian saying, which equals "Don't count your chickens!"

You say the latter in Italian and you'd get some strange looks!!!

Lost in translation is something we should be very familiar with!

By the way, having said that, what was the excuse for Farmer's "Eye of the tiger" I wonder!

...a bit disco

"Cat in the sack" is a commom Italian saying, which equals "Don't count your chickens!"

You say the latter in Italian and you'd get some strange looks!!!

Lost in translation is something we should be very familiar with!

By the way, having said that, what was the excuse for Farmer's "Eye of the tiger" I wonder!

Like you say CM...

lost in translation obviously!

;)

alwaysthereinspirit

Right then!

alwaysthereinspirit

Right then!

I like it.

A cat in the sack gathers no moss.

A stich in time keeps the cat in the sack.

A cat in the sack is worth two in the bush.

He is an expert in talking crap

You must have been taking lessons from him.

Seriously, it's a thread about Trapattoni. Why does it have to be turned into a rant about Romanov?

On the subject of talking skubala -

Ray Houghton is unbearable! I think he belongs to the Chris "Why say one word when ten will do" Waddle school of commentating!

Little cracker in the first half when, commentating on the slow motion replay of a save he said, "He put it to the left, the keeper's right hand"; and what actually happened was "He put it to the right, to the keeper's left hand!"

"Good save!" would've done!

...a bit disco

On the subject of talking skubala -

Ray Houghton is unbearable! I think he belongs to the Chris "Why say one word when ten will do" Waddle school of commentating!

Little cracker in the first half when, commentating on the slow motion replay of a save he said, "He put it to the left, the keeper's right hand"; and what actually happened was "He put it to the right, to the keeper's left hand!"

"Good save!" would've done!

Got to give him some leeway tho' Col.

He is a legend after all!

ray-houghton-v-italy-1994_design.png

...a bit disco

Well, they'll be sampling some top quality bursd next summer at least.

2-0 up and cruising.

Make that 3 up now!

I like it.

A cat in the sack gathers no moss.

A stich in time keeps the cat in the sack.

A cat in the sack is worth two in the bush.

A male cat licks his sack.... sorry, that was childish :P

Teuchterjambo

Right then!

Jeez oh ! Somebody else has mentioned that it is an Italian equivalent of "Don't count your chickens" but it shouldn't take anyone too long to work out even literally that the guy is just warning that the " Cat's in the bag" would be a dangerous mindset - as all the Hibees know "It's not over till the fat striker scores" etc etc

A bit harsh trying to take the pish out of an elderly non native english speaking guy for that - How's your Italian ?

Jeez oh ! Somebody else has mentioned that it is an Italian equivalent of "Don't count your chickens" but it shouldn't take anyone too long to work out even literally that the guy is just warning that the " Cat's in the bag" would be a dangerous mindset - as all the Hibees know "It's not over till the fat striker scores" etc etc

A bit harsh trying to take the pish out of an elderly non native english speaking guy for that - How's your Italian ?

Just as well that Granpaw Trap isn't Hearts manager else he would be have pages in the Sun on his shocking abuse of felines!

...a bit disco

'Povero' if truth be told!

:P

Teuchterjambo

'Povero' if truth be told!

:P

Multo bene !

Myself ? I can order beer, wine and pizza fluently.

:thumbsup:

Doctor FinnBarr

He's bilingual then, he talks Russian and shite :ninja:

Oh hell, I was under the impression that was someone who "did" men or women!

:huh:

The Old Tolbooth

Oh hell, I was under the impression that was someone who "did" men or women!

:huh:

I'm sure if you ask nicely he would screw you too :D

Archived