Fraser Wishart article

Malinga the Swinga

Malinga the Swinga

Reading an article in the Herald this morning written by Fraser Wishart and he is going on about worrying times for Scottish football, and he is quoted as saying he does not expect Hearts wages to be paid next week.

Unless he has been told this, I don't see why he can't keep his opinion to himself, as I worry enough these days, without him jumping on the bandwagon. Fair enough he can comment after the wages are not paid, but he shouldn't be commenting before the due date.

Hope we pay them on time this month, and we can get back to concentrating on the actual matches, and not the off field rubbish.

Fraser Wishart is a cretin.

I have said many times before that he was strangely quiet when Hearts got stick and abuse for appearing to stand by CT, a player he is also meant to represent.

But when something happens to the detriment of players, or even when he simply thinks it might happen, he suddenly finds his gob in public.

He may well be proved right though and clearly knows more about the situation than most. If he's saying that then he's basing it on something IMO.

jack D and coke

Who would really be surprised considering how many times its apparently happened in the last year or so. I'll be more surprised if they get it on time tbh.

He may well be proved right though and clearly knows more about the situation than most. If he's saying that then he's basing it on something IMO.

The players do not expect it but it is not for an official to make this assumption to a newspaper and for now it is just an assumption. It is also wrong that he will never, ever back Hearts publically, even when we back someone he represents.

You wonder what would make FW to go public, right, wrong or indifferent

If the players/staff are paid on time he should be held accountable for his comments

portobellojambo1

Don't think Mr Romanov or UBiG's HR Department will have made him aware of their intentions next week. I think he is taking a guess, and on that basis he has a 50/50 chance of being correct, and won't give a flying feck if he is wrong.

I can understand him possibly commenting after the event, but see nothing to be gained from him making such a stupid statement at this point in time.

Can't believe this welt used to play for us. Done nothing but stick the boot into Hearts at every turn.

Yes but was it not his wee Motherwell and Rangers pal Tommy "hamster" Mclean that brought him to Tynecastle when he was well past his sell-by date, not that he was ever much good in the first place.

Trick psychology.By saying he doesn't think the players will be paid he is hoping Vlad pays up and says up yours Fraser Wishart.

Your correct Mr Lyon.

Old union trick being played here.Make the management do something by making out they will get one over on you if they do it.

Fraser is only doing his job.Employers all over the land are taking liberties and workers should be making a stand. Never been a more important time to join a Union.

Francis Albert

I trust Fraser has beeen and is being as active in relation to a club whose owner seems keen to take his club into administration to avoid paying his debts, and putting players and others livelihood at more risk than a few weeks late payment for the higher paid staff only.

Fraser Wishart is a cretin.

Really!? I love it on kickback when you get these overblown reactions when someone says something which might be slightly negative!

What the hell has Fraser Wishart ever done wrong?

I trust Fraser has beeen and is being as active in relation to a club whose owner seems keen to take his club into administration to avoid paying his debts, and putting players and others livelihood at more risk than a few weeks late payment for the higher paid staff only.

Doubt it.

Really hope they get paid next week. Not just for the players sake but to piss off the waiting vultures of the press who are dying for it to happen again. <_<

Really hope they get paid next week. Not just for the players sake but to piss off the waiting vultures of the press who are dying for it to happen again. <_<

This.

And if, perchance, the wages are paid on time, will we see an apology?

Doubt it!!!

Really!? I love it on kickback when you get these overblown reactions when someone says something which might be slightly negative!

I take it your being ironic with that question?

Teuchterjambo

Your correct Mr Lyon.

Old union trick being played here.Make the management do something by making out they will get one over on you if they do it.

Fraser is only doing his job.Employers all over the land are taking liberties and workers should be making a stand. Never been a more important time to join a Union.

Bang on - if by making this statement he gets people paid on time then he has done a good job - it is bad enough players not getting paid but there are lots of other lesser paid employees who non payment will have a far greater effect on.

Some of the self righteous indignation on here is unbelievable - it is almost like people think it is OK for a business not to pay their employees.

Reading an article in the Herald this morning written by Fraser Wishart and he is going on about worrying times for Scottish football, and he is quoted as saying he does not expect Hearts wages to be paid next week.

Unless he has been told this, I don't see why he can't keep his opinion to himself, as I worry enough these days, without him jumping on the bandwagon. Fair enough he can comment after the wages are not paid, but he shouldn't be commenting before the due date.

Hope we pay them on time this month, and we can get back to concentrating on the actual matches, and not the off field rubbish.

His opinion and he's entitled to it after last months fiasco.

Selective quoting.

Cardiac Rucksack

Your correct Mr Lyon.

Back in the USSR...... we need a soviet smiley. Believing that union officials are out for anything other than themselves. :facepalm:

I am currently sat in a toilet in Liverpool after a night of all sorts of nonsense and shenanigans with all matter of reprobates and I for one have had enough of the p|$h and $hite sprouted by all these so called experts and itk shareem nanjianis! F00k the lot of them!

I already realise in that when I do eventually see the light of day on Sunday or maybe Monday I might've made a t!t of myself but I don't give ****! **** the media, the sfa, the old firm, chick f**kimg young and the rest of those ham shanks!

We are the hearts! FTH

I am currently sat in a toilet in Liverpool after a night of all sorts of nonsense,

I already realise in that when I do eventually see the light of day on Sunday or maybe Monday.

We are the hearts! FTH

Thats some crap!! :yucky:

SectionDJambo

Since we have no home game until the last Saturday of the month, it wouldn't come as a huge shock if the wages were late again. It also wouldn't surprise me if Hearts have suggested to the players that this may happen.

Fraser Wishart is only doing his job, but, as mentioned previously, where was he during the Craig Thomson saga, when the club stuck it's neck right out for one of his members, whilst he cowered behind his desk saying nothing?

If my memory serves correctly, he spent about 90% of his career with Hearts injured. I don't think we treated him too badly then, so he would seem to have no reason other than having to deal with Vladimir for apparently being constantly irked with us.

Since we have no home game until the last Saturday of the month, it wouldn't come as a huge shock if the wages were late again.

In other words, if Hearts have such a hand-to-mouth existence, we should be worried, in which case Fraser Wishart's fears are justified, so he has made a valid point.

Fraser Wishart's job is to represent his members. That's what he does. People can interpret that as "having an agenda" if they want.

SectionDJambo

In other words, if Hearts have such a hand-to-mouth existence, we should be worried, in which case Fraser Wishart's fears are justified, so he has made a valid point.

Fraser Wishart's job is to represent his members. That's what he does. People can interpret that as "having an agenda" if they want.

Of course we should be worried. Supporting Hearts has always been a worry. It's not the first time we have been in financial turmoil. I didn't say he had an agenda. In fact I said he had no reason to have one, that I could think of.

And that he was only doing his job.

I take it you didn't watch Hearts in season 94/95 then?

The man didn't try a leg for the jersey; a complete wage thief. One of the worst Hearts players ever, along with Leigh Jenkinson and Mohamed Berthe.

john brownlee

Of course we should be worried. Supporting Hearts has always been a worry. It's not the first time we have been in financial turmoil. I didn't say he had an agenda. In fact I said he had no reason to have one, that I could think of.

And that he was only doing his job.

Who,what would you rather pay first -------- players or Inland Revenue

I'm sure that Hearts are not the only team to be in that postion

Francis Albert

Understatement.

We've been losing the best part of ?10m a year recently.

The surprising thing is that we continue to pay wages and our tax bills at all.

when it suits, he was strangely quiet during the CT saga.

SectionDJambo

Who,what would you rather pay first -------- players or Inland Revenue

I'm sure that Hearts are not the only team to be in that postion

You are right.

But because of our standing in the Scottish game, and the current relationship with the weegie media, we are going to attract negative headlines when our players' wages are late.

Things can't be that bad, though. Despite this having happened before, plenty players would still sign for Hearts regardless.

Over the next couple of years, I see us reducing the number of players and the levels of what they get paid to get rid of this problem. For the wage budget we are spending, we should be getting a far greater return, results wise.

I think that it has finally dawned on Vladimir, that some players are taking he mick as far as performance v. salary goes.

He has been a right mug in what he has been paying some of the players we have had since he rolled up.

I take it you didn't watch Hearts in season 94/95 then?

The man didn't try a leg for the jersey; a complete wage thief. One of the worst Hearts players ever, along with Leigh Jenkinson and Mohamed Berthe.

I thought he was a great player for Motherwell and was pleased when we signed him. However, for whatever reason, he did nothing at hearts. :ninja:

Re the topic at hand, he's entitled to his opinion and might well be correct.

Trick psychology.By saying he doesn't think the players will be paid he is hoping Vlad pays up and says up yours Fraser Wishart.

Yep,thats what I think,TBH if it was myself at my work and my wages were late a good few times I would want my shop steward to put as much pressure on my employer as possible so as not to happen again,I actually applaud him for that,pretty bemused that the majority on this page seem to think he's doing wrong by trying to help OUR players,the mind boggles.

Oh and as a side note,I would very much doubt he would say such a comment without the knowledge of our players especially if the stories are true about a certain player being so hacked off he wants to spill the beans but can't because vlad stopped him by making up some ****** and bull story as to why Hearts are not talking to anyone.

when it suits, he was strangely quiet during the CT saga.

IMO a lot of people made a lot of very stupid comments about the CT saga. If FW said little, maybe that's not a bad thing.

Remind me (genuine question), what was it that people think he should have said and done, shown more support for CT or spoken out in sympathy with CT's team mates who might not want to have to play in the same team as him? And did CT seek support from the union that was not forthcoming?

(For the record, I was in the minority who did not want Hearts to get rid of CT)

i wish jj was my dad

I agree with Section D. Mr Romanov is entitled to be hacked off at the lack of return for his investment but I'd be more sympathetic if I believed that it was a professional coach who sourced Kingston, Nade, Pinilla etc.

ROMANOV FAN CLUB

Is this the same Fraser Wishart who when advising Mr Pressley during the disiplanary hearing with the board during the Ricarton Three Saga promised the fans that his client only wanted the fans to know the truth about how the club was being run and how his client couldn't be bought

And after a 2 hour meeting allowed his client to sign a confidentiality agreement

He was an awful player for us and I think because he got an amount of abuse for not trying a leg, this is his chance for revenge of a sort

Say What Again

Fraser "ITK" Wishart.

:spoton:

Archived