Hearts U19 4 Rankers U19 3

Marvin

Just watched it on Hearts.TV (Like the new look :thumbsup:) and it just shows with a bit of tenacity that shower can be beat. Great result lads :thumbsup: Lets hope the senior team draws confidence from that.

Mind you though had this been an SPL match would Rankers had their 4th disallowed like they had at Riccarton :unsure:

scots civil war

dear hearts,

please purchase a scaffold for the camerawork please

in fact,maybe i could get the contract for setting it up for each home game................

we should all be proud of this team btw.........look at the fekn results they achieving,at least summats goin right for us lot

The camera is on a tripod and the lady working it

stands on a wee stool.

but this is for internal use and spending cash

on better equipment is a no no I would think

not seen any of the videos but the real thing is well worth watching.

tomorrow 1pm Fester Road.

Fermit the Krog

The camera is on a tripod and the lady working it

stands on a wee stool.

but this is for internal use and spending cash

on better equipment is a no no I would think

not seen any of the videos but the real thing is well worth watching.

tomorrow 1pm Fester Road.

Agreed.

Will be there tomorrow to watch next seasons first team.

:thumbsup:

jamboinglasgow

dear hearts,

please purchase a scaffold for the camerawork please

in fact,maybe i could get the contract for setting it up for each home game................

we should all be proud of this team btw.........look at the fekn results they achieving,at least summats goin right for us lot

There used to be a scaffold for the camera two seasons ago. Dont know why it isn't used anymore. I must admit it would be good to see a camera at a higher angle.

stirlingshirejambo

Agreed.

Will be there tomorrow to watch next seasons first team.

Really enjoy these games and will be there to watch January 2012 onwards team

The table makes for some sweet reading - now up to Hearts to progress these lads into the first team.......

P W D L F A Pts

Hearts 12 10 0 2 27 15 30

Celtic 9 7 2 0 27 9 23

Hibernian 11 7 1 3 31 15 22

Aberdeen 12 5 5 2 24 14 20

Motherwell 10 4 2 4 15 15 14

St Johnstone 10 4 1 5 20 23 13

Kilmarnock 11 4 0 7 20 28 12

Rangers 8 3 2 3 14 16 11

St Mirren 10 3 1 6 14 18 10

Dundee United 11 3 1 7 17 29 10

Dunfermline 9 2 1 6 8 18 7

Inverness CT 9 0 2 7 8 25 2

There used to be a scaffold for the camera two seasons ago. Dont know why it isn't used anymore. I must admit it would be good to see a camera at a higher angle.

Mildly miffed that the highlights no longer tell you the team lineup at the start. Used to be good to know what number each player was as you watched.

They're doing very well, but then they do every season. Hopefully this crop provides some 1st team players. V interesting what Wotte was saying about the lads needing to play 1st team. Especially with no reserve league I think maybe time has come for a bit of sink or swim.

I'm very much of the mindset you pick your best 11 each week, regardless of age, but I'd think it's very hard to tell if some of these lads are in and around that best 11 until they've been tried. With good players around him, the sheer energy a youngster brings to a team (including the lift it can give the crowd) can make up for a bit of naivity in his play.

A great example is Mulrooney. Now I don't think he was good enough and probably rightly left, but the couple of games he played, his endeavour alone was brilliant and he was a mini revelation. I was a bt mifdfed that when last season started to drift and we became stale that JJ didn't think to play Robinson, Holt, Denis, whoever to add that spark.

Mildly miffed that the highlights no longer tell you the team lineup at the start. Used to be good to know what number each player was as you watched.

They're doing very well, but then they do every season. Hopefully this crop provides some 1st team players. V interesting what Wotte was saying about the lads needing to play 1st team. Especially with no reserve league I think maybe time has come for a bit of sink or swim.

I'm very much of the mindset you pick your best 11 each week, regardless of age, but I'd think it's very hard to tell if some of these lads are in and around that best 11 until they've been tried. With good players around him, the sheer energy a youngster brings to a team (including the lift it can give the crowd) can make up for a bit of naivity in his play.

A great example is Mulrooney. Now I don't think he was good enough and probably rightly left, but the couple of games he played, his endeavour alone was brilliant and he was a mini revelation. I was a bt mifdfed that when last season started to drift and we became stale that JJ didn't think to play Robinson, Holt, Denis, whoever to add that spark.

The reserve league - or lack off - issue is a big problem, this coupled with the win or be sacked pressure on managers in the 12 team league just suffocates talent.

IMO the league cup (without a euro place)should become a tournament where its mandatory to field 6-8 u21's for SPL teams, with the introduction of a group structure similar to the Europa Leagues. Beyond the league stages the rule could be relaxed to keep the sponsors happy.

You can seed the teams for each group based on last seasons finishing positions within the respective divisions. This will also gaurantee the lower league clubs some decent games against the big teams and we get money moving round the leagues and youngsters getting competitive games.

Lets be honest that cup needs something to shake it up and if it benefits our national game then at least a trial of this type of system has to be worth a shot ?

The reserve league - or lack off - issue is a big problem, this coupled with the win or be sacked pressure on managers in the 12 team league just suffocates talent.

IMO the league cup (without a euro place)should become a tournament where its mandatory to field 6-8 u21's for SPL teams, with the introduction of a group structure similar to the Europa Leagues. Beyond the league stages the rule could be relaxed to keep the sponsors happy.

You can seed the teams for each group based on last seasons finishing positions within the respective divisions. This will also gaurantee the lower league clubs some decent games against the big teams and we get money moving round the leagues and youngsters getting competitive games.

Lets be honest that cup needs something to shake it up and if it benefits our national game then at least a trial of this type of system has to be worth a shot ?

Certainly not the worst idea I've heard. Attendances would be the reason given against it, but league cup atts are so low anyway and, priced properly, I'm sure fans would be happier to go along and see up and coming players.

Can't agree more with your first sentence. What gets me is Hearts seem to be the only SPL club to have made any noise about it. Are the rest happy with the status quo and the stalling (at best) of so many careers? A reserve or u23 (with 2 or 3 overs) league is imperative and we need someone like Hearts to push this and make it a breakaway thing along with some SFL teams thrown in if need be. Even if it's a league of 8 teams or so, that'd be fine.

Yes, our young players need to play more 1st team football as Mark Wotte said, but they won't go straight into 1st XIs so what they have is 15 minute appearances off the bench every so often. Nothing wrong with that but when it's the only football they are getting, they simply can't and won't be at their sharpest. Someone like Arvy last season made fleeting appearances and looked to have something, but how hard it must be when those fleeting appearances were all he made. How many minutes of football do you think he played all season? It'll be less than 500 probably and at the age of 18/19, that's crazy! If he's playing 45-60 mins every week in a reserve league, it can only help him when he plays for the big team.

Oops, I've went off on one again. The U19s rule!

As the lovebirds will no doubt be on shortly i better get my tuppence worth in quick.

Jason Holt never has a bad game and should have been given a run out long before now (has i believe signed an extended 3 year deal), now its about time he was tested, as for the rest am not sure (Jamie Walker is a talent but..............).

Certainly not the worst idea I've heard. Attendances would be the reason given against it, but league cup atts are so low anyway and, priced properly, I'm sure fans would be happier to go along and see up and coming players.

Can't agree more with your first sentence. What gets me is Hearts seem to be the only SPL club to have made any noise about it. Are the rest happy with the status quo and the stalling (at best) of so many careers? A reserve or u23 (with 2 or 3 overs) league is imperative and we need someone like Hearts to push this and make it a breakaway thing along with some SFL teams thrown in if need be. Even if it's a league of 8 teams or so, that'd be fine.

Yes, our young players need to play more 1st team football as Mark Wotte said, but they won't go straight into 1st XIs so what they have is 15 minute appearances off the bench every so often. Nothing wrong with that but when it's the only football they are getting, they simply can't and won't be at their sharpest. Someone like Arvy last season made fleeting appearances and looked to have something, but how hard it must be when those fleeting appearances were all he made. How many minutes of football do you think he played all season? It'll be less than 500 probably and at the age of 18/19, that's crazy! If he's playing 45-60 mins every week in a reserve league, it can only help him when he plays for the big team.

Oops, I've went off on one again. The U19s rule!

I'm sure it could be refined a bit and gate prices dropped etc but something needs to happen quickly.

I share your pain on this, I really believe we have some very talented young players at Hearts and indeed throughout that u19's league. We will never produce quailty homegrown talent to the national team, nor will any SPL club be able to survive until this league format (SPL/reserves) changes. Almost every team is living outwith their means and so long as the Saturday/Sunday fare continues to be as poor as it is the game is falling deeper into decline. Someone needs to take a stand on these issues, unfortunately with the way the media treat Hearts I doubt we can gather the momentum for change - it needs to be the ugly sisters who get the bandwagon rolling and the rest of us can jump on board.

Until we start bringing through young footballers who can be sold on for big margins we will continue to watch the demise of our national game and equally as bad put up with paying over inflated prices watching second rate journey men kick six shades of tom kite out each other at the weekend and pass it off as our top league.

Fermit the Krog

As the lovebirds will no doubt be on shortly i better get my tuppence worth in quick.

Jason Holt never has a bad game and should have been given a run out long before now (has i believe signed an extended 3 year deal), now its about time he was tested, as for the rest am not sure (Jamie Walker is a talent but..............).

Had heard they were close to agreeing terms, delighted if he has signed on for another 3 years.

We've got to be careful not to 'big up' the young lads at the club but I'm genuinely baffled as to why Holt hasn't seen more first team action. It's probably been the weakest part of the team for the last few years but he's barely had a sniff.

If he fulfills even half his potential we could really have a special player on our books.

Thankfully the days of Mrowiec and Black will are coming to an end and we'll be seeing the likes of Holt and Robinson soon enough.

jamboinglasgow

Had heard they were close to agreeing terms, delighted if he has signed on for another 3 years.

We've got to be careful not to 'big up' the young lads at the club but I'm genuinely baffled as to why Holt hasn't seen more first team action. It's probably been the weakest part of the team for the last few years but he's barely had a sniff.

If he fulfills even half his potential we could really have a special player on our books.

Thankfully the days of Mrowiec and Black will are coming to an end and we'll be seeing the likes of Holt and Robinson soon enough.

Is that wishful thinking or have you heard something?

Fermit the Krog

Is that wishful thinking or have you heard something?

I think its safe to assume that neithers contracts will be renewed when they expire.

jamboinglasgow

I think its safe to assume that neithers contracts will be renewed when they expire.

I agree with you there, but Mrowiec I am pretty sure has a 3 year contract which means he has another season and a half at Hearts. Though I do think Mrowiec can be an effective ball winner (just not a first pick defensive midfielder), but I would like us to build a central midfield grouping over the rest of the season and from next season with Scott Robinson, Eggert Jonsson, Denis Prychnenko, Jason Holt, Mehdi Taouil and Adrian Mrowiec (Adrian being back up to Eggert and Denis) (I would like to see how Callum Tapping, Chris Kane and Chris Tobin progress over the rest of the under 19 season to see if any should join the above for next season.)

Ah, you again. Like a broken record, getting boring now!

The reason FF & myself, along with JiG, don't slate these boys is that they are young lads learning the game. They will make mistakes, & they will have bad games. But there is some seriously talented boys in that team, tho whether they progress or even get a chance to progress is a different matter. If you go to the games, you can tell they have got the talent

As for your clear hatred towards Darren Murray, yeah I'll stick up for him as he is one of the top end of youth coaches in Scotland, he gets them to play decent football, keeps them level-headed & hard-working! He tries to play in a positive manner & should be applauded for that.

You clearly have a grudge, id love to see you at a game & know exactly why this is

Ah, you again. Like a broken record, getting boring now!

The reason FF & myself, along with JiG, don't slate these boys is that they are young lads learning the game. They will make mistakes, & they will have bad games. But there is some seriously talented boys in that team, tho whether they progress or even get a chance to progress is a different matter. If you go to the games, you can tell they have got the talent

As for your clear hatred towards Darren Murray, yeah I'll stick up for him as he is one of the top end of youth coaches in Scotland, he gets them to play decent football, keeps them level-headed & hard-working! He tries to play in a positive manner & should be applauded for that.

You clearly have a grudge, id love to see you at a game & know exactly why this is

My theory is that Darren Murray released him in years gone by and rather than dealing with it and moving on he still carries a grudge about it.

In fact I have heard that the chip on his shoulder is so big that Harry Ramsdens are getting worried!!

:ninja:

Jam Tarts 1874

It's good to see these lads doing well. However without a reserve league and without a manager who has the balls to put some youngsters in many of these lads will be lost to us within the next couple of years.

It's good to see these lads doing well. However without a reserve league and without a manager who has the balls to put some youngsters in many of these lads will be lost to us within the next couple of years.

must agree m8

Archived