Hope Ryan Stevenson gets a game

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Guest Bilel Mohsni

International breaks have been shite recently with no Hearts players involved. If Stevo gets some game time (I think he will) then it will at least give me a bit of Hearts football to watch.

I have a feeling that Levein will give the man a decent run out and give him time as a forward and a midfielder against Cyprus. :)

See just Stevo in general by the way? He is my favourite current player and I think he is far more gifted than people give him credit for. I really hope we get him to sign a new deal at Hearts. :)

I really hope we get him to sign a new deal at Hearts. :)

The thing with that , new deal then maybe one of the higher earners that he wants to get rid off.

mahgrassyshoes

Wouldbe chuffed for himi if it happened, but I think he's just in there so Levein can get a closer look. If he impresses he might get a 10-15 minute cameo, but that's his lot, unfortunately (imo)...

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I really hope we get him to sign a new deal at Hearts. :)

The thing with that , new deal then maybe one of the higher earners that he wants to get rid off.

Need to keep some more experienced players and not just get rid of everyone over 24 though... If that is the case then Stevenson would be near the top of my keep list to be honest.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Wouldbe chuffed for himi if it happened, but I think he's just in there so Levein can get a closer look. If he impresses he might get a 10-15 minute cameo, but that's his lot, unfortunately (imo)...

What if he makes a big impact in that 15-20 minutes though?... I appreciate that it would be all "it was only against Cyprus FFS" from most folk but I think we have a decent player who is on an upward curve just now and he is still moving in the right direction, I hope he peaks at Hearts rather than moving on for nowt or a very small fee and then realises his true potential at some other club. I realise he is not a world-beater but if we are to enter more pressing times with what we pay and only have a couple of higher earners then I would be looking to keep Ryan on before many others who are on the upper end of the wage scale.

mahgrassyshoes

What if he makes a big impact in that 15-20 minutes though?... I appreciate that it would be all "it was only against Cyprus FFS" from most folk but I think we have a decent player who is on an upward curve just now and he is still moving in the right direction, I hope he peaks at Hearts rather than moving on for nowt or a very small fee and then realises his true potential at some other club. I realise he is not a world-beater but if we are to enter more pressing times with what we pay and only have a couple of higher earners then I would be looking to keep Ryan on before many others who are on the upper end of the wage scale.

Then I'm sure he would keep his place in the squad. However, I think even in this scenario he would be, at very best, 3rd choice behind Miller and Goodwillie as they are favourites of CL.

With regards to Hearts I'd give him a new contract if the wages were right. I think he'd be one of the few wh would sign a new contract if it meant the club get a wee bit of money. He comes across level-headed he might be better sitting tight here for another year before moving south. We'll find out soon enough i guess!

Stevenson shouldn't be anywhere near the Scotland squad either as a midfielder or a striker. Levein has lost the plot particularly when Ross mccormack still hasn't been picked.

Snake Plissken

GFA

Harry Potter

Tartan Army w@nkers

etc etc

Would be great for him to get a run-out for Scotland and even better if he nicks a goal - always seems to do well in the big games does Ryan.

:thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Teenwolf,

I agree. Since the guy came to our club he has steadily progressed. I am not going to bet against him keeping that pattern up. Just to be clear I am not saying he should be a first pick for the national team or anything but he is well worthy of his chance to try and impress.

The Great Khali

I really think he'll do well. Can't wait to see how good he looks in the dark blue!

Notice though In the news and that though, the "surprise call-ups" in the media is that Mackenzie from MK dons and the St mirren goalie...

Stevos names been hardly mentioned.

Walter Bishop

Definitely think he will play some part. Looking forward to seeing if Jordan Rhodes get`s a game, looks a player.

Stevo has come on leaps and bounds since we got him over a year ago now. BUT I really think Levein should've included Ross McCormack and Chris Burke over him. Both have been very good for their respective clubs and I think they deserve a call up. Never heard of McKenzie before this, no slight on the boy, but where does he actually play, one paper says midfield another centre-back. I don't think Stevo is international quality. But I am happy for him and wish him all the best. Nice to see a jambo in the side, especially with the striking omission of Andy Webster in the team.

Love to see STevo get a game. He's a much better player than he often gets credit for. He has plenty natural ability and, for me, has just needed the confidence to calm himself down a bit and trust in himself a bit more. He's a been a bit frantic on and off the ball at times. Nowt wrong with that - just eagerness.

Even if he doesn't get much time on the pitch, I'm sure even going on the trip will do him the world of good and he can be massively proud of himself for making it there - his career makes great reading for any pros going through tough times and struggling to remain pro. He should be very proud of himself and both ourselves and Ayr fans should be proud of him too.

As an aside (Mothballs, I'm just taking your threads wherever I want them today mate!), does anyone know if the game will be shown on streampro???

Love to see STevo get a game. He's a much better player than he often gets credit for. He has plenty natural ability and, for me, has just needed the confidence to calm himself down a bit and trust in himself a bit more. He's a been a bit frantic on and off the ball at times. Nowt wrong with that - just eagerness.

Even if he doesn't get much time on the pitch, I'm sure even going on the trip will do him the world of good and he can be massively proud of himself for making it there - his career makes great reading for any pros going through tough times and struggling to remain pro. He should be very proud of himself and both ourselves and Ayr fans should be proud of him too.

As an aside (Mothballs, I'm just taking your threads wherever I want them today mate!), does anyone know if the game will be shown on streampro???

Someone told me the game is on bbc2 at 6pm,i hope it is.

Someone told me the game is on bbc2 at 6pm,i hope it is.

aye, bb2 scotland by the looks of things - nae guid for us foreigners!

Stevenson is a true professional. Always gives 100% and, in my opinion, deserves a long term deal.

He isn't the most skilful or gifted player, but he makes up for that with his determination and willing to do well for the team.

Same goes for Eggert Jonsson.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I think he is technically better than some people think too. He was nowhere near the required fitness when he arrived and has improved steadily since getting in better shape. How much more can he improve? Dunno... Up to him I suppose but he seems to be still getting better just now so best of luck to him I say.

aye, bb2 scotland by the looks of things - nae guid for us foreigners!

Might be able to watch live on the iplayer, if you can convince the BBC you're in Uk. I think the software is available.

When he first played for us it was in midfield I think. I could see that he was trying to make the runs that Mickey Cameron or Hartley used to make - late runs into the penalty box which are obviously some of the hardest to defend against. But he just didn't have the fitness to make them (or to get back).

Now he is fitter it is possible that he could go back into that position and shine. That said for me he is our best option as a striker with Kyle out - and is our player of 2011. Delighted that he has had some Scotland recognition.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

When he first played for us it was in midfield I think. I could see that he was trying to make the runs that Mickey Cameron or Hartley used to make - late runs into the penalty box which are obviously some of the hardest to defend against. But he just didn't have the fitness to make them (or to get back).

Now he is fitter it is possible that he could go back into that position and shine. That said for me he is our best option as a striker with Kyle out - and is our player of 2011. Delighted that he has had some Scotland recognition.

But... But... But... JOHN SUTTON!! JOHN SUTTON!!! :lol:

Malcolm Tucker

Stevenson shouldn't be anywhere near the Scotland squad either as a midfielder or a striker. Levein has lost the plot particularly when Ross mccormack still hasn't been picked.

You're right.

It disgusts me when folk are rewarded for hard work and good form.

I especially hate it when Hearts players get the chance of a lifetime, coming from 2nd division anonymity to the National Squad in the space of 18 months or so.

**** you Levein, eh.

mahgrassyshoes

You're right.

It disgusts me when folk are rewarded for hard work and good form.

I especially hate it when Hearts players get the chance of a lifetime, coming from 2nd division anonymity to the National Squad in the space of 18 months or so.

**** you Levein, eh.

:gfy: Tucker!

I support the club, not the players. The players need this club. The club doesn't need the players. He can stick his hard work up his arse.

I want goals.

:teehee:

Archived