Them:

Williamson

Mowbray

Collins

Mixu

Hughes

Calderwood

New guy

i.e only ONE less than us over the same period (can't count Malofeev, and actually can't really count Frail either but I will), yet we get slagged to **** in the press for this. You can argue that Vlad is in fact a buffoon, and you would be right, but the simple fact is that the only one in that list that didn't warrant a good old fashioned sacking was Burley.

Booooo the media

TBF, when Calderwood was appointed I did read quite a few newspapers highlight the fact that he is another in a long list in a short period.

This has been my gripe today. They bring it up every time but not in the same manner in which they do with us.

Since 2005

Us:

Burley

Rix

Ivanauskis

Korobochka

Frail

Laslo

JJ

Sergio

Them:

Williamson

Mowbray

Collins

Mixu

Hughes

Calderwood

New guy

i.e only ONE less than us over the same period (can't count Malofeev, and actually can't really count Frail either but I will), yet we get slagged to **** in the press for this. You can argue that Vlad is in fact a buffoon, and you would be right, but the simple fact is that the only one in that list that didn't warrant a good old fashioned sacking was Burley.

Booooo the media

When you throw in the new stadium they can't fill, the mounting financial losses, players fighting in training (and pending criminal prosecution ?) and general 'scaffiness' which see players banned from all Edinburgh pubs & clubs , you'd have thought the press would be all over Hibernian FC.

Must be our collective paranoia again.

Just about every article I've read today has mentioned the number of managers Hibs have gone through in recent years.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I care more about knowing the exact number of hairs in my ass crack.

Couldn't give a **** about what anybody is or isn't saying about Hibs. An irrelevance.

Just about every article I've read today has mentioned the number of managers Hibs have gone through in recent years.

True, but Petrie doesn't get hounded about it the way Dear Leader does.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Hate to be pedantic but if you include williamson you are going back to 2004 which also brings in levein and robbo for us

Nonetheless the press generally seem to be picking up on this and there was a scathing piece on the tache a while back

True, but Petrie doesn't get hounded about it the way Dear Leader does.

Possibly because the Tache doesnt blame the media for all his club's problems, all Scottish football's problems and call everyone that works in the media "monkeys" and "mafiosi".

Just guessing

:mellow:

GC

Possibly because the Tache doesnt blame the media for all his club's problems, all Scottish football's problems and call everyone that works in the media "monkeys" and "mafiosi".

Just guessing

:mellow:

GC

Aye, but it is a chicken and egg thing. Has Vlad done that because he has made same observations as OP or did he cause it?

I remember the Observer listing the number of managers Hibs and Dundee Utd had gone through over the respective period of Romanov ownership and pointing out that Thompson and Petrie weren't getting as much bad press as Vlad. It's all just nonsense anyway. I think we really could use a permanent manager who'll last more than a season, but it's all about appointing the right guy. I remember before Arsenal appointed Wenger, they had Rioch in for a year on the understanding he'd most likely be a caretaker, and he had a 1 year deal with them. End of the season he left and Wenger arrived to take over. I see no rush for clubs to appoint managers so long as the care taker or assistant is capable of running the show. Should take time and care in appointing managers. Not just picking the first one up. I mean if it was down to the press on managerial appointments over the past few years, JJ, Jimmy Calderwood, Gus McPherson and other perenial Scottish managers would have been back in management.

but are Farmer and Petrie mad, no. Why do you think that is Merse?

(whilst i'm not merse) is it something to do with the lack of maddening rants that accompany any sacking at Hearts. Or the clear lack of logic that follows Hearts sackings in some cases (ala Burley).

I mean at least Hibs have been a boy getting a better gig (Mowbray), resigned because there was a players revolt (Collins), resigned due to bad result (mixu), a dud season and a half (Hughes), an absolutely hilariously bad year for the current boy. I hope this time next year a similar fate befalls the next unsuspecting Hibee.

Aye, but it is a chicken and egg thing. Has Vlad done that because he has made same observations as OP or did he cause it?

Does it matter ?

I am comparing Vlad's outpourings on the media with the Tache's. Its no great susprise that the media give the Tache an easy ride compared to Vlad.

All our muppets may love "good old Vlad - let's erect a statue" when he has another "hilarious" pop at the "monkeys" but they cant expect the media to treat him fairly once he has taken that stance. Anyway, that is off topic. Back to the topic.

GC

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Do you think the mad thing was pulled out of thin air and given to our owner because the media have an inherent hatred of our club?

I would bet good money there are hardly any ( if any) mad Vlad articles from before he sacked a table topping manager and a successful chief exec and replaced them with a convicted sex offender and his son.

Fort Vallance

Since 2005

Us:

Burley

Rix

Ivanauskis

Korobochka

Frail

Laslo

JJ

Sergio

Them:

Williamson

Mowbray

Collins

Mixu

Hughes

Calderwood

New guy

Booooo the media

Robbo ?

Do you think the mad thing was pulled out of thin air and given to our owner because the media have an inherent hatred of our club?

I would bet good money there are hardly any ( if any) mad Vlad articles from before he sacked a table topping manager and a successful chief exec and replaced them with a convicted sex offender and his son.

Nope, but they had questioned whether he was a fit and proper person to run a football club when he'd barely set foot on our shores. They accused him of being crooked and getting his money by raiding his employee pension funds. I can't even be ersed to list the rest. Then he sacked Burley because he was pissed all the time he was mad.

Stop defending the indefensible. As long as football club owners in Scotland continue the sickening act of fawning over the bigot brothers and the blazers at the SFA, of kissing the feet of the media, then all is good and well. Challenge them and they'll launch all their petty little prejudice and vitriol against you. That's what's embarrassing in Scottish football. Nothing that Vlad's done justifies some of the shameful rants I've read in the press these last couple of weeks and you and many others on here defend it. Carry on though because you can be sure they will.

Drylaw Hearts

Since 2005

Us:

Burley

Rix

Ivanauskis

Korobochka

Frail

Laslo

JJ

Sergio

Them:

Williamson

Mowbray

Collins

Mixu

Hughes

Calderwood

New guy

Booooo the media

You missed Robbo and you have to either count Frail or add Chervenkov.

Francis Albert

You'd have thought not. But as posted on another thread in September 2006 Vlad (in the midst of Burley's run which promised to give Scottish football the boost it desperately needed) Vlad invited the Scottish media to his home and dacha on the occasion of Scotland's away game in Lithuania. He had at that stage done absolutely nothing to inspire hatred. But the Scottish media commented on the dumpiness of his wife, the shabbiness of his home, and the fact the champagne he served was a bit on the warm side. They also posed and selected shots of him designed to make him look crazy. He was for the media a dodgy East European banker from day one, who could only be interested in Hearts to asset strip. Ironically of course his bank proved rather more robust than RBS and HBOS.

Since 2005

Us:

Burley

Rix

Ivanauskis

Korobochka

Frail

Laslo

JJ

Sergio

Them:

Williamson

Mowbray

Collins

Mixu

Hughes

Calderwood

New guy

Booooo the media

With the Hibs list, Williamson was left in 2004 and he, along with Mowbray and Collins actually walked out. Romanov removed all the managers you listed at Hearts (and you missed Robbo's name as well).

Napoleon  Wilson

You cant forget about this crazy barsteward.

49248_1.jpg

I know i cant, i still have vivid recurring nightmares.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

You'd have thought not. But as posted on another thread in September 2006 Vlad (in the midst of Burley's run which promised to give Scottish football the boost it desperately needed) Vlad invited the Scottish media to his home and dacha on the occasion of Scotland's away game in Lithuania. He had at that stage done absolutely nothing to inspire hatred. But the Scottish media commented on the dumpiness of his wife, the shabbiness of his home, and the fact the champagne he served was a bit on the warm side. They also posed and selected shots of him designed to make him look crazy. He was for the media a dodgy East European banker from day one, who could only be interested in Hearts to asset strip. Ironically of course his bank proved rather more robust than RBS and HBOS.

Burley was Sacked in October 2005. By the Scotland Lithuania in Sept 06 game Vlad had sacked burley and anderton, appointed rix, sacked rix, told rix/ivanauskas not to pick Webster etc. did he not also choose that event (with the warm Champers) to tell everyone he picked the team.

Francis Albert

Burley was Sacked in October 2005. By the Scotland Lithuania in Sept 06 game Vlad had sacked burley and anderton, appointed rix, sacked rix, told rix/ivanauskas not to pick Webster etc. did he not also choose that event (with the warm Champers) to tell everyone he picked the team.

Oops.

Sorry.

When you throw in the new stadium they can't fill, the mounting financial losses, players fighting in training (and pending criminal prosecution ?) and general 'scaffiness' which see players banned from all Edinburgh pubs & clubs , you'd have thought the press would be all over Hibernian FC.

Must be our collective paranoia again.

must be :ermm:

Archived