David Villa

Tommy Wiseau

Guilleme is saying on Sky that David Villa and Lionel Messi aren't exactly best of pals the now, because Villa is in and out the team and not allowed to make runs into the space that he wants to, so that the team can cater for Messi. He's also apparently annoyed that Messi doesn't pass to him often enough. :lol:

Guilleme also said that any striker who goes to Barca will "fail", because they will not be allowed to play to their strengths and be a number 9 centre forward. Pretty interesting I thought. Should even the best players in the world have to play for others, or should the team be set up to get the best out of your best, regardless of the possible impact on their team-mates' morale and performance level?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Let's be honest, Messi is that good he should be able to have a go on Villa's bursd if he wants without complaint.

could do a job?

assuming clum doesnt regain full fitness of course.

We're trying to cut costs, 2na.

Sell before you buy job, at best.

Let's be honest, Messi is that good he should be able to have a go on Villa's bursd if he wants without complaint.

:lol:

That's basically my thoughts on it as well, was interested to see what others thought.

What old Balague was getting at was that Villa accepted it at first, but recently he's been getting more and more marginalised, and is pissed off that he isn't able to produce his best football because he's being prevented from doing what he does best. An interesting clash - we all know what happened to the last two top centre forwards at Barca, if Balague is on the money as usual, it'll be another one out the door before long.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

That's basically my thoughts on it as well, was interested to see what others thought.

What old Balague was getting at was that Villa accepted it at first, but recently he's been getting more and more marginalised, and is pissed off that he isn't able to produce his best football because he's being prevented from doing what he does best. An interesting clash - we all know what happened to the last two top centre forwards at Barca, if Balague is on the money as usual, it'll be another one out the door before long.

Aye seen them discussing it. You'd think Villa would just be happy to be involved in one of the greatest teams of all time.

What's happened to Sanchez? He injured?

We're trying to cut costs, 2na.

Sell before you buy job, at best.

If it's a choice between Villa and O-Bizzle....

Aye got injured a few weeks back - can't remember what happened off the top of my head, but remember thinking "that's a bad one, months out job". Checked Wiki and it says it happened in the middle of September and was an 8 weeks out effort, so he should be back soon.

Can kind of understand where Villa is coming from - he's easily one of the 10 best strikers in the world, and he's not being allowed to play to his strengths. Must be frustrating. Like you say though, the rewards are great in that side. When a player like Mascherano is willing to sit it out and play wherever to be a part of it, you've got to think it's a grit your teeth and get on with it job for Villa as well.

Maybe they'd be interested in buying Stevo.

Well, he is a mobile striker in the Barca mould, I suppose. ::troll:::'>

Snake Plissken

Hopefully it will cause a major rift that stops Spanish Celtic winning the league.

jamboinglasgow

Aye seen them discussing it. You'd think Villa would just be happy to be involved in one of the greatest teams of all time.

What's happened to Sanchez? He injured?

Yeah picked up an injury after a few games.

I think it will never be easy for a normal centre forward to fit into the current Barca team, Pedro fits well as he is a forward rather then a striker. Sanchez should fit as well as he is used to being both a striker and a winger, so can play the forward role.

Cardiac Rucksack

I wouldnt be suprised if he becomes available if he ends up at madrid. Personally dont think hes as good as higuain though. Who i believe is the best finisher in the world.

Well, he is a mobile striker in the Barca mould, I suppose. ::troll:::'>

Quite, Franko. Sounds like Barca need a guy who'll run about a fair bit without being a striker, can't think of anyone better.

:greggy:

Yes he is but when Messi was recently shoved out to play Villa's role out on the left he went 3 games without a goal and was criticised in the press.

Roy Croppers Handbag

Hopefully it will cause a major rift that stops Spanish Celtic winning the league.

I like this post.

Cardiac Rucksack

:pleasing::verysmug:

jamboinglasgow

More than a football club and all that nonsense

But they are more then a football club, they are also a basketball club, a rugby club, a roller hockey club.

But they are more then a football club, they are also a basketball club, a rugby club, a roller hockey club.

LOL CLASSIC JIG

Villa wouldnt get a game for Hearts due to him being a striker. Im no even kidding. He'd be in the stand with sutton.

Villa wouldnt get a game for Hearts due to him being a striker. Im no even kidding. He'd be in the stand with sutton.

Or played at DM

Is a similar thing not happening at Real too? Ronaldo was brought in as a winger but basically playes wherever he wants.

Say What Again

Spanish journo speaks and discussed on here as fact.

Scottish media metion Hearts? :lies:

Spanish journo speaks and discussed on here as fact.

Scottish media metion Hearts? :lies:

Guilleme Balague speaks - has credence.

Ewen Murray speaks - has credence.

SunSport Exclusive - not interested.

I'm following a sensible path here, Jack. :thumbsup:

fabienleclerq

I think on one hand if it helps the team villa should do what's he's told, on the other it shows he wants to play to the best of his ability and not just pick up a wage like mascherano or other squad players.

I think on one hand if it helps the team villa should do what's he's told, on the other it shows he wants to play to the best of his ability and not just pick up a wage like mascherano or other squad players.

mascherano has been pretty much first choice at CH this season and has done well

Patrick Bateman

Mes que un club!

Vamos barcelona.

**** Mourinho.

Vamos Barcelona? Actually Dik, I think you'll find it's 'visca Bar?a' - I suppose I shouldn't expect a man of your intellectual standing to know the difference between Castellano and Catalan, but I find such mistakes mildly embarrassing none the less. I suppose it may be hard to distinguish between such cultures when your Iberian experience is limited to a fortnight in 2 star Benidorm hotel, where the greatest challenge is working out which picture to point on the menu for your pre-cooked breakfast buffet. :verysmug:

As an aside, most Barcelona fans I know are as arrogant as any Old Firm fan you are likely to encounter. I used to like them when they had the likes of Rivaldo and Guardiola, but I find the media love-in a bit cheap. Still, I think Villa is the best option they've had, particularly given how leaden Ibrahimovic looked. It's hard to see how any striker would be anything other than periphery; in any competition between Messi and another, there will only be one winner

Mes que un club!

Vamos barcelona.

**** Mourinho.

This!

Villa should come to Liverpool if he's not happy, we could do with someone that can put it in the back of the net. :)

Could someone explain Spanish celtic to me?

It's not that difficult really. Spanish version of Celtic "Fooball Club". Rotten to the core.

It's not that difficult really. Spanish version of Celtic "Fooball Club". Rotten to the core.

Barcelona Football Club are rotten to the core?

Please explain.

Great.

So apart from both clubs being 'more than a club' which I'd hope we are too and I'd expect every club to be to their fans/staff there's nothing really, aye?

Specifics people, please.

Also, just for the record, I'm not a barca fan. Admittedly I like them more than Madrid but I have only one team.

I'm just being curious.

Snake Plissken

Great.

So apart from both clubs being 'more than a club' which I'd hope we are too and I'd expect every club to be to their fans/staff there's nothing really, aye?

Specifics people, please.

Also, just for the record, I'm not a barca fan. Admittedly I like them more than Madrid but I have only one team.

I'm just being curious.

Followed by glory hunters and arrogant arseholes, many of whom have never been to a game in their lives.

Supporters groups with, shall we say, questionable political leanings (for Celtic: Green Brigade, for Barcelona: Boixos Nois) - for skewed views on Irish nationalism see equally extremist ideas of Catalan nationalism.

Despite being very much a part of the establishment, they cry about being the victims and have a team full of divers and cheats.

The nauseating media love-in.

That sufficient?

They're not as bad as Celtic of course, but I can't stand them.

Placid Casual

Christ... there's some right boring, joyless so-and-so's on here. "Spanish Celtic", "Rotten to the core..." :facepalm:

I often wonder why people like this actually bother with football. They look at Barcelona ? who play some of the most beautiful football ever seen ? and see only the negatives :sad:

Barcelona are no different to any other club in that some of their fans are arseholes, and some of their players play act occasionally. And like Boomstick says, every fan thinks their own club is special.

Rudolf's Mate

Guilleme is saying on Sky that David Villa and Lionel Messi aren't exactly best of pals the now, because Villa is in and out the team and not allowed to make runs into the space that he wants to, so that the team can cater for Messi. He's also apparently annoyed that Messi doesn't pass to him often enough. :lol:

Guilleme also said that any striker who goes to Barca will "fail", because they will not be allowed to play to their strengths and be a number 9 centre forward. Pretty interesting I thought. Should even the best players in the world have to play for others, or should the team be set up to get the best out of your best, regardless of the possible impact on their team-mates' morale and performance level?

Starting to hear the moans that you don't normally because things aren't going right for them.

Followed by glory hunters and arrogant arseholes, many of whom have never been to a game in their lives.

Supporters groups with, shall we say, questionable political leanings (for Celtic: Green Brigade, for Barcelona: Boixos Nois) - for skewed views on Irish nationalism see equally extremist ideas of Catalan nationalism.

Despite being very much a part of the establishment, they cry about being the victims and have a team full of divers and cheats.

The nauseating media love-in.

That sufficient?

They're not as bad as Celtic of course, but I can't stand them.

I agree about the establishment Victims but can't agree with the rest.

Their ultras group is no worse than many others and unlike celtics pathetic green brigade they actually have a history that's not just ill advised un pc bollocks.

The catalan identity is strong, true, but that's because they actually play in Catalonia. People with living memories remember the persocution. Completely different to celtics faux irishness. The Basque people also have a strong identity, I think its Bilbao that only recently changed their policy on Basque only players. Why no outcry against them?

The media love in can be sickening but is it any worse than when United were at their peak or what City are building?

:)

Snake Plissken

I agree about the establishment Victims but can't agree with the rest.

Their ultras group is no worse than many others and unlike celtics pathetic green brigade they actually have a history that's not just ill advised un pc bollocks.

The catalan identity is strong, true, but that's because they actually play in Catalonia. People with living memories remember the persocution. Completely different to celtics faux irishness. The Basque people also have a strong identity, I think its Bilbao that only recently changed their policy on Basque only players. Why no outcry against them?

The media love in can be sickening but is it any worse than when United were at their peak or what City are building?

:)

Visited the Nou Camp on holiday. NAP.

So they aren't followed by a lot of glory hunters and arseholes? The people with absolutely no link to Barcelona who support them aren't just like the Inverness based Celtic fans?

You're right, unlike the Green Brigade people associated with the Boixos Nois have actually been convicted of violent crimes (assault, murder and death threats) and of course, there was the whole throwing the pig's head at Figo...

I think they've been banned from the ground but the point is, for all their sanctimonious guff, they've got a lot of arseholes in their support. You've also agreed with my suggestion the media coverage regarding them is sickening, so you're only really disagreeing with the comments about the Ultras.

They're a big club, probably the biggest in the world, they play great football but there's aspects of the club I just don't like and while I don't care for Real Madrid at all, I'd much rather they won La Liga this year.

Of course I've visited the camp nou while there. I'm no barca fan, I just don't get how they equate to Celtic.

Every team has arsehole supporters, part time supporters and violent supporters. Why are Celtic the benchmark for it though?

I was also disagreeing with the national identity thing. Barcelona is in Catalonia, Glasgow is not in Ireland. The perceived persecution of the Irish in Scotland is nothing compared to what happened to nationalistic Catalans.

Snake Plissken

Of course I've visited the camp nou while there. I'm no barca fan, I just don't get how they equate to Celtic.

Every team has arsehole supporters, part time supporters and violent supporters. Why are Celtic the benchmark for it though?

I was also disagreeing with the national identity thing. Barcelona is in Catalonia, Glasgow is not in Ireland. The perceived persecution of the Irish in Scotland is nothing compared to what happened to nationalistic Catalans.

Part of duopoly that is killing their league - check

supported by glory hunters - check

part of establishment but cries about being victims - check

sanctimonious - check

There's a few direct correlations; I'm just saying they are the Spanish equivalent of Celtic. I believe I've made the reasons clear and it's a fair comparison to make and if you're not seeing them, you're being deliberately obtuse.

Vamos Barcelona? Actually Dik, I think you'll find it's 'visca Bar?a' - I suppose I shouldn't expect a man of your intellectual standing to know the difference between Castellano and Catalan, but I find such mistakes mildly embarrassing none the less. I suppose it may be hard to distinguish between such cultures when your Iberian experience is limited to a fortnight in 2 star Benidorm hotel, where the greatest challenge is working out which picture to point on the menu for your pre-cooked breakfast buffet. :verysmug:

As an aside, most Barcelona fans I know are as arrogant as any Old Firm fan you are likely to encounter. I used to like them when they had the likes of Rivaldo and Guardiola, but I find the media love-in a bit cheap. Still, I think Villa is the best option they've had, particularly given how leaden Ibrahimovic looked. It's hard to see how any striker would be anything other than periphery; in any competition between Messi and another, there will only be one winner

Factual post, IMO.

Part of duopoly that is killing their league - check

supported by glory hunters - check

part of establishment but cries about being victims - check

sanctimonious - check

There's a few direct correlations; I'm just saying they are the Spanish equivalent of Celtic. I believe I've made the reasons clear and it's a fair comparison to make and if you're not seeing them, you're being deliberately obtuse.

It's because I can't argue very well.

Archived