Tomorrows back pages ?

Barney Rubble

Barney Rubble

What will the scoop be 1, calderwood sacked

2, rangers on the brink

3, MAD VLAD spraffs garbage again !!!

i just know its going to be 3

Ribery's Face

Back page. Depends on paper but on must will be celtic game with a small caption about calderwood and nothing about vlad until the hearts page.

As someone rightly said on the radio yesterday, if either of the old firm were more than two weeks late with the players wages the column inches would be far more than just the back pages.

Yes the press try to make a drama out of a crisis, but some of you are starting to be brainwashed by Romanovs paranoia.

kennyblack'sshot

As someone rightly said on the radio yesterday, if either of the old firm were more than two weeks late with the players wages the column inches would be far more than just the back pages.

Yes the press try to make a drama out of a crisis, but some of you are starting to be brainwashed by Romanovs paranoia.

Sorry mate but THE big story now in Scottish football is that Rangers owner is actually talking about administration as a possible good option! The club isn't just facing a two-week wage bill delay but a honking great multi-million pound debt to the government that will put them out of business if the courts say they have to pay it.

This is REAL. The stuff about Romanov was CONJECTURE. The media in this country would rather speculate about a potential crisis involving Romanov and Hearts than report on an actual crisis at Rangers.

The headlines on Monday will all be things like "Romanov puts Hearts up for sale", and it will be painted as a negative thing. Unlike when Rangers were put up for sale and it was portrayed as a good thing.

In fact, most Hibs fans are aware that Tom Farmer would like to sell Hibs and get his money back, and it's reasonable to assume the Dundee Utd, Killie and Aberdeen owners would sell at the drop of a hat if the right offer came in.

Francis Albert

I read more than once today about a club being dragged through the courts to force it to pay its bills.

Funnily enough, it wasn't about Rangers.

Sorry mate but THE big story now in Scottish football is that Rangers owner is actually talking about administration as a possible good option! The club isn't just facing a two-week wage bill delay but a honking great multi-million pound debt to the government that will put them out of business if the courts say they have to pay it.

This is REAL. The stuff about Romanov was CONJECTURE. The media in this country would rather speculate about a potential crisis involving Romanov and Hearts than report on an actual crisis at Rangers.

The headlines on Monday will all be things like "Romanov puts Hearts up for sale", and it will be painted as a negative thing. Unlike when Rangers were put up for sale and it was portrayed as a good thing.

In fact, most Hibs fans are aware that Tom Farmer would like to sell Hibs and get his money back, and it's reasonable to assume the Dundee Utd, Killie and Aberdeen owners would sell at the drop of a hat if the right offer came in.

Were you out the night of the BBC documentary on Rangers?

If our owner wasnt a journalists god send they would spend less time discussing us.

I would imagine hibs will be the story tomorrow but as soon as a quiet news day appears Romanov will probably provide them with another of his comic moments.

kennyblack'sshot

Were you out the night of the BBC documentary on Rangers?

If our owner wasnt a journalists god send they would spend less time discussing us.

I would imagine hibs will be the story tomorrow but as soon as a quiet news day appears Romanov will probably provide them with another of his comic moments.

That was the news reporters not the sports reporters. Different animals.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I look forward to headlines like "Hibs in crisis!" since they've sacked their manager. That's the usual theme whenever a club does that, isn't it?

kennyblack'sshot

I look forward to headlines like "Hibs in crisis!" since they've sacked their manager. That's the usual theme whenever a club does that, isn't it?

I also look forward to the new man's first press conference when BBC reporters will ask him how long he thinks it will be before he gets the sack. because, you know, Hibs have now switched permanent managers more times than Hearts over the last few years, so if it's a valid question of Sergio it's a valid question for Billy brown or "insert name of ex-Hibs player here".

Or Its another Petrie-firing day!

That was the news reporters not the sports reporters. Different animals.

Correct!

I made a comment on the thread at that time that this was what real journalism was, totally unlike the BBC Scotland "exclusive" on VR! (Was it Weevil Gibberson? He did the brilliant sectarian piece after the Celtic game I seem to recall!)

kennyblack'sshot

Correct!

I made a comment on the thread at that time that this was what real journalism was, totally unlike the BBC Scotland "exclusive" on VR! (Was it Weevil Gibberson? He did the brilliant sectarian piece after the Celtic game I seem to recall!)

And the football writers are really out of their depth when it comes to finances. Some like Bathgate or English might make a decent fist of it, but the BBC Scotland zoo - no chance! It's almost comical in fact when Chick Young starts spraffing on about Hearts debt - it took him ages to finally realise that Romanov owes it to his own bank/company and so the situation is very different from Rangers who owe money to external creditors.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

"Hibs in turmoil as mad Rod wields the axe AGAIN!"

Not seen any of the tabloids today, am I safe to assume this was the jist of the headlines?

"Hibs in turmoil as mad Rod wields the axe AGAIN!"

Not seen any of the tabloids today, am I safe to assume this was the jist of the headlines?

Was hearts in turmoil

Archived