Interesting comments from a surprising source

shaun.lawson

shaun.lawson
My god so hating Hibs above all else makes you a Hearts fan for this you get to ignore debate or well written articles and bury your head in the sand.

Frightening !!!! its a shame to find out who wrote this for the same people moaning about it coming from a Hibs fan would actually i feel agree with a lot of the article had they not known.

At the end of the day the state were in is OUR fault no one elses and if people comment on that from their perspective then thats what we should expect.

It is a well written article whether people accept it or not.

One of my main motivations behind hiding the source in my OP was that I wanted to see how many people would agree with the piece, before finding out who wrote it. At least, until Dex blew my cover, that is... ;) But I agree entirely with the above: and have never subscribed to the idea that just because you love a particular football club, it means you automatically hate and disregard another in equal measure.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
even if that someone else is Benjamin Spock

Spock didn't have kids. As a career officer in Starfleet he didn't have time for family stuff.

Why is that? Have you got something against Gorgie:cool:

I have nothing against gorgie. Nothing at all.

However - you suggest that growing up in the shadows of tynecastle has given you some kinda advantage over the rest of us who werent so lucky.

Your posts are stomach wrenchingly cringeworthy. As is that family portrait of yours.

Maybe some day i'll be as good a Jambo as you though huh.

In fact - dammit, my wee sister lives in Wardlaw - guess even SHE, who's never been to a footie match in her life, is a bigger Jambo than me..... whatever will i do with myself.

One of my main motivations behind hiding the source in my OP was that I wanted to see how many people would agree with the piece, before finding out who wrote it. At least, until Dex blew my cover, that is... ;) But I agree entirely with the above: and have never subscribed to the idea that just because you love a particular football club, it means you automatically hate and disregard another in equal measure.

Or because, say, you appreciate the job Levein is doing at United that you want - or should - get the train to Dundee to start watching them every second week (although it would, ironically, be more entertaining)

shaun.lawson
Or because, say, you appreciate the job Levein is doing at United that you want - or should - get the train to Dundee to start watching them every second week (although it would, ironically, be more entertaining)

Quite. I was browsing a Dundee United forum earlier, by the way - and those on there are convinced they're now the most exciting side in the league! Not that there's much competition - but that's a bit strong, to say the least...

My one remaining interest this Scottish season concerns them, though. If they come 3rd, my bank manager can breathe a sigh of relief, as I'll win a grand. I've got a nasty feeling Motherwell'll just pip them though - probably in the last few minutes on the final day, knowing my luck!

shaun.lawson
Spock didn't have kids. As a career officer in Starfleet he didn't have time for family stuff.

LOL! It must be one of the worst surnames for any kid to have: how can anyone take you seriously with that name?

The Establishment

Yeah i also know Richard White, one of the better Hibbys.

Think he's still a bit jealous that we won the cup 2 years ago and they've not won it in 107 years. For someone who does dislike Hearts though I think its a fairly honest, unbiased opinion and I know he is trying to look like a proper journalist and not just a hibby fool.

Colonel Kurtz
It must be a term they use in the Home Counties. :cool:

Is Oxford in "The Home Counties" ie part of London Devizes.

Certainly Chelsea"s current support would be largely drawn from the "Home Counties" these days.Stamford Bridge is sort of Badminton with Footie.

Here we go - yet another reasonable thread disintegrating into a slanging match.

Zzzzzz, zzzz and zzzzzz.

Guest JamboRobbo

If you're going to be a big mouth on an internet forum be man enough to say it to someones face.

Are you expecting him to climb down the internet, pop out of your screen and speak to you? ;)

Guest JamboRobbo
Okay guys. Cool it. If it continues, I will be taking action.

:rofl: :rofl: Someone must be upsetting one of the chosen few.

Are you expecting him to climb down the internet, pop out of your screen and speak to you? ;)

No apparently, according to the PM, I've to go meet him somewhere so that when I dont show up he can boast on here about how i'm "all mouth".

I'm still not entirely sure which part of my post was a direct insult to his family, but hey, 41 year old me who want to arrange "private meetings" to discuss internet threads..... its a bit sad really.

Guest JamboRobbo
No apparently, according to the PM, I've to go meet him somewhere so that when I dont show up he can boast on here about how i'm "all mouth".

I'm still not entirely sure which part of my post was a direct insult to his family, but hey, 41 year old me who want to arrange "private meetings" to discuss internet threads..... its a bit sad really.

Ah, just threats then. I'm sure the mods will take appropriate and fair action as always. :sarcasm:

Correct. To PM you was very, very sad. Similar to schooldays when challenging someone to meet you in the playground after the bell goes!!

Another example of certain JKB members getting away with anything they want on here .... there appear to be a few 'untouchables'!!

PS - I agree with your sentiments re. the family photo. Certainly not a direct insult either IMHO.

Nucky Thompson
Ah, just threats then. I'm sure the mods will take appropriate and fair action as always. :sarcasm:
There was no threats made JR:)

Guest JamboRobbo
There was no threats made JR:)

Don't worry. It appears that is perfectly acceptable. Just don't laugh at the moderators comments though, or there'll be hell to pay. I'm learning from bitter experience at the moment.

In what way is it remotely "interesting"?

It's a brief summary of the past 3 years under Romanov.

Is there anything in it that any Hearts fan on here didn't know?

Was the point to show that Hibs fans can read the Evening News also?

If I wrote a couple of bland paragraphs about how Hibs have added a certain level of steel under Mixu that didn't exist under Collins would the thread get copied across to .net?

What a bizarre thread this is.

Archived