Vlad......

Drylaw Hearts

By his standards, I think that's a clear, good, reassuring statement, which explains rather a lot. I'm delighted that we'll finally be getting our wage bill down to where it should be; delighted that he'll keep supporting us until we are sold; and delighted that he's now clearly looking to sell us too.

I think we're in a safe position, Vlad won't just going to pull the plug and walk away as he stands to lose to much by doing so. He also cannot let the club slip as it will be even more impossible to find a buyer. Neither will Romanov get a decent price for Tynecastle given the current economic climate. So as it stands, we're stuck with each other.

We keep hearing about need to promote from the Academy but for that to happen we need a manager who will actually pick the guys. We have had a succession of managers who prefer to play an experienced square in a round hole rather than promote youth. That needs to change.

ToadKiller Dog

He has always said he would consider selling up if the right offer came in that he thought was in the best Interests of the club . A good statement that i think is in tune with the majority of the support just get the wages thing sorted out .

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Has the day finally come?

Sounds like someone who has tired of his venture at Hearts and now wants to leave it behind.

Au revoir Vlad?

By his standards, I think that's a clear, good, reassuring statement, which explains rather a lot. I'm delighted that we'll finally be getting our wage bill down to where it should be; delighted that he'll keep supporting us until we are sold; and delighted that he's now clearly looking to sell us too.

Totally agree with the first two, I'll still be sad to see him go.

We keep hearing about need to promote from the Academy but for that to happen we need a manager who will actually pick the guys. We have had a succession of managers who prefer to play an experienced square in a round hole rather than promote youth. That needs to change.

You don't want Mr Romanov telling the manger to pick youth players now do you?

one in the eye for those who still insist he will simply asset strip and leg it.

the last sentence strongly suggests that he would look to sell the club as a viable going concern. NOT simply pull the rug out.

other than that.... pleasing statement. many will only concentrate on the negative language though.

madfud oot and all that shite.

It will be such a relief if he finds a buyer. A Hearts supporter that isn't a nutjob preferably.

Gregory House M.D.

It will be such a relief if he finds a buyer. A Hearts supporter that isn't a nutjob preferably.

plumber.jpg

The press will be foaming at the mouth trying to think of ways to twist vlads statement.

See the 'We're up for sale - official' thread :lol:

Honesty at least. One of Vlads best updates. At least we know were we stand in terms of investment. The policy of using the academy has to be the plan for any club with similar resources to ours. We spend a lot on our academy. We cast the net far and wide for the best talent and it's time to use them. Even as early as January get shot of 4-5 underachievers and big earners, Obua, Driver etc and give the Holt's and Robinson's of this world a game. We can save a lot of money and be equally competitive as at least the youngsters will play with effort and desire and have shown to have ability. We just need a few experienced heads around them. Also let Sergio instill his beliefs through the club and academy and hopefully in 2-3 years we will see the difference. This chopping and changing never get us anywhere give Sergio at time. The way the league is we can take a step or 2 back to at least save the club financially and still compete for 3rd place and cups no problem whatsoever whilst building a bright future. Vlad at last is being realistic. Until we get a bigger stadium and match day turnover we need to be more financially prudent. Throwing money at it will never really work unless you go the whole hog (Man City wise) we have to be smarter and build a successful club from grass roots up (Arsenal model, there not shy throwing in Kids!!) As for a buyer....lets hope, it may just be a good time to get the club for a good deal.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

It's a terrible shame that the monkeys have forced Mr Romanov into these actions. :down:

I think the manager will be left with little choice. For a start Rudi and Balogh are out of contract at the next window and unlikely (my guess) to be kept on while 10 others are out of contract at the end of the season. Maybe a couple or so of them will be offered new terms but the other 7 or 8 will be given the chance to find new clubs in January, without compensation, or, and I think they'll be able to work this out, will see little game time.

Failing to produce is not an option.

I take no comfort from any of that.

He seems to be saying he won't abandon the Hearts project just yet but :-

1) Our higher earners will be turfed out and replaced by youngsters - hardly a new idea ! This has been a mantra for decades. I heard similar when we sold Willie Wallace !

2) We must maximise revenues - really ? - probably by piggybacking a (joint?) stadium development.

3) He is seeking a partner / buyer for the club - good luck mate !

I suppose it is good to know that the tick-tock brigade can shut up - for a while at least - but the expectations of good times ahead because we have the backing of a committed multi millionaire have now well and truly evaporated. It's back to the same old same old. :rolleyes:

RoussetsShorts

It laughable anybody thinks we'll find a buyer with 30+ million debt. What irks me is that if the stadium issue could be solved the club could flourish under Romanov but I don't think we'll ever see that day.

I hope he stays as I'd like him to see a return on what he has invested, despite his madness at times he has funded Hearts loyally and a financial or trophy success return would be nice for the big man.

I'd love to go out for a beer with him, I think it would definitely be an interesting night.

When there is a parent company involved then the company needs to be self sustainable. If it's not then it gets to a point where the parent company has a decision to make . In the next year or so I reckon we will see the club be cleaned up into a decent state in order to sell up and be more attractive to a buyer. If the wage bill gets further reduced, we'll still be more attractive than other spl clubs. Hopefully he'll then sell up.

Drylaw Hearts

It's a terrible shame that the monkeys have forced Mr Romanov into these actions. :down:

:lol:

You'll find comfort in the shape of a new owner(s)the press will all love just because they aren't VR.

It's a win-win imo.

Vlad keeps referring to our huge wage bill and rightly so - we are simply not getting value for the money we pay.

However, while we have the 3rd highest wage bill in the league we are simply pi$$ing loads away on guys that don't get a game through either injury, being crap or the simple fact that you can only put 11 men on the park.

What we should have is a 1st team squad of around 22 players with that being made up of around 15 senior players and the rest being youngsters. At the moment we have way to many senior players and the end of season clearout when contracts are up can't come soon enough.

While injury can happen to anyone we can't afford to be a charity - we have paid a lot of money to Driver and Kyle and have had very little in return - these guys must be got rid of as soon as possible.

RoussetsShorts

I know this is bonkers but would Meggetland (pre development) have been a big enough site for a new Tynecastle?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

You'll find comfort in the shape of a new owner(s)the press will all love just because they aren't VR.

It's a win-win imo.

I'm hoping he can find a partner and remain in charge.

Whatever happens, he'll be here for at least 3 more years because there is a stadium to build.

:greggy:

It's a win-win imo.

As long as we dont challenge the old firm.

Gregory House M.D.

Be glad to see the back of him.

:pleasing:

Vlad cares little for the thoughts of ungrateful numpties.

:glorious:

we should take our time to pass the club on to the right kind of buyer. someone trustworthy who will progress the club on. we don't want the club falling into the hands of some dodgy scottish venture capitalist.

Drylaw Hearts

I'm hoping he can find a partner and remain in charge.

Whatever happens, he'll be here for at least 3 more years because there is a stadium to build.

He'll find a partner imo....

VR will find someone to buy the club and UBIG will keep the stadium and we'll lease it back.

There will be no new stadium but we will get a new main stand from our lovely new owner(s) which the fans will be asked to contribute towards.

The 'Not fit for purpose' War will be won once again.

:thumbsup:

Fermit the Krog

we should take our time to pass the club on to the right kind of buyer. someone trustworthy who will progress the club on. we don't want the club falling into the hands of some dodgy scottish venture capitalist.

Haha.

RoussetsShorts

VR will find someone to buy the club and UBIG will keep the stadium and we'll lease it back.

There will be no new stadium but we will get a new main stand from our lovely new owner(s) which the fans will be asked to contribute towards.

The 'Not fit for purpose' War will be won once again.

so are you suggesting he'll forgive 30m plus of debt?

It's a bit worrying that some people see this statement as a sign that Vlad will manage an orderly transition to a new owner. He clearly wants out as soon as possible and I don't think he's going to be sensitive to Hearts' fans feelings as he makes his plans to skedaddle.

Gregory House M.D.

large_image-1.jpg

Likes glorious football club names and recently sent his minions on an undercover reconaissance up Gorgie way.

:interesting:

Vlad keeps referring to our huge wage bill and rightly so - we are simply not getting value for the money we pay.

However, while we have the 3rd highest wage bill in the league we are simply pi$$ing loads away on guys that don't get a game through either injury, being crap or the simple fact that you can only put 11 men on the park.

What we should have is a 1st team squad of around 22 players with that being made up of around 15 senior players and the rest being youngsters. At the moment we have way to many senior players and the end of season clearout when contracts are up can't come soon enough.

While injury can happen to anyone we can't afford to be a charity - we have paid a lot of money to Driver and Kyle and have had very little in return - these guys must be got rid of as soon as possible.

I've posted something similar to this in the last few days but it is relevant again.

We could get rid of 10 'Senior' players, save ?3m per year and see virtually no difference in the standard of the first team as there are some ready made replacements at the club;

Balogh - No real future at club

Barr - No real future at club

Kyle - No real future at club

Glen - No real future at club

Elliot - No real future at club

Obua - Possibly deserves a squad place but needs to do more and wouldn't really be missed

Sutton - Possibly deserves a squad place but needs to do more and wouldn't really be missed

Taouil - Possibly deserves a squad place but needs to do more and wouldn't really be missed

Suso - Possibly deserves a squad place but needs to do more and wouldn't really be missed

Driver - Possibly deserves a squad place but needs to do more and wouldn't really be missed

Whilst I agree some of these players have played well for us, or deserve another chance or more of a chance, but if we're cutting the wage bill this would be a good start, purely on number of games games played over the last two seasons.

Drylaw Hearts

so are you suggesting he'll forgive 30m plus of debt?

No.

UBIG will get that back in rental of the stadium.

The sooner he finds a partner the sooner the hat-kickers can get round to hating him. Someone else to blame.

Archived