calum elliot

ford donald

Anybody got news on calum elliot? seemingly subbed after four minutes yesterday,while making his debut for dundee fc.hope its nothing serious.

seems he twisted his knee after 30 seconds with his first touch got treatment and tried to play on but was stretchered off it was the same knee thats just been fixed poor lad

Much as I feel sorry for the guy and all his injury woes, it's time we emptied him and others like him who are forever on the injury list. I know it sounds harsh but, in the financial state we are in, we cannot afford to carry players who appear to be out injured far more than they are available for selection. Kevin Kyle, Suso Santana and possibly Andy Driver come into the same category.

On the plus side he will never play for Hearts again, hope he recovers well enough to play elsewhere though.

Much as I feel sorry for the guy and all his injury woes, it's time we emptied him and others like him who are forever on the injury list. I know it sounds harsh but, in the financial state we are in, we cannot afford to carry players who appear to be out injured far more than they are available for selection. Kevin Kyle, Suso Santana and possibly Andy Driver come into the same category.

Ignoring the principle of paying players who have been injured in our employ, I am correct in saying we have insurance to pay all/part of the wages of the long term injured? Maybe someone can throw some light on this.

Ignoring the principle of paying players who have been injured in our employ, I am correct in saying we have insurance to pay all/part of the wages of the long term injured? Maybe someone can throw some light on this.

Thought that was for players injured on international duty?

My step son is a Dundee fan who says Callum was tackled from behind on about his first touch, went off and tried to come back on. Sounds like serious problem career wise if he needs a long lay off.

On the plus side he will never play for Hearts again, hope he recovers well enough to play elsewhere though.

Agreed on both counts.

Thought that was for players injured on international duty?

My step son is a Dundee fan who says Callum was tackled from behind on about his first touch, went off and tried to come back on. Sounds like serious problem career wise if he needs a long lay off.

Again I could be proved wrong but I think the insurance premiums for international players are paid by the national association for players injured while playing for their country. I believe clubs pay some sort of composite premium for their own players but at what stage insurance kicks in, as opposed to pay, I don't know.

Again I could be proved wrong but I think the insurance premiums for international players are paid by the national association for players injured while playing for their country. I believe clubs pay some sort of composite premium for their own players but at what stage insurance kicks in, as opposed to pay, I don't know.

Most clubs don't insure players as it is too expensive.

Our responsibility is to pay him (ahem) and give him the best possible help if injured until the end of his contract and perhaps a moral obligation to pay him if his contract is up until fit.

I think his contract like many others is up at seasons end so if he has been unfortunate he can concentrate on getting fit over the next 8 months.

There comes a time when it is best just to move on -- I think this is it if his injury is serious -- there will not be time for him to prove himself worthy of a new contract if it is serious.

Our responsibility is to pay him (ahem) and give him the best possible help if injured until the end of his contract and perhaps a moral obligation to pay him if his contract is up until fit.

I think his contract like many others is up at seasons end so if he has been unfortunate he can concentrate on getting fit over the next 8 months.

There comes a time when it is best just to move on -- I think this is it if his injury is serious -- there will not be time for him to prove himself worthy of a new contract if it is serious.

He's had about 5 years to do that and failed miserably. Just my opinion of course.

It seems every cloud does have a silver lining........... :)

kennyblack'sshot

Hope he makes a full recovery and wish him well. At his best there is a place for him at Hearts IMO.

This. Good guy and a much better player than some fans give him credit for. Had the misfortune to break into the team when Hearts had a new manager every two months plus getting a couple of horrible injuries. I'd love to see him make it at Hearts - he could actually have been a good fit for Sergio's system.

i wish jj was my dad

Clum has showed flashes of what a good player he could be but his career has never really got off the ground because of injuries, playing for a new manager almost every time he recovered and the abuse he attracts from the stands.

Sadly, I don't think he will cut it with us now but I hope he recovers and finds a new club but doesn't come back and haunt us.

Archived