Webster

scott_jambo

Agreed.

Best centre half in the league.

Webby could get the hamlets out most matches if he wanted.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Our best player by a mile and I note all the 'he's mentally ill' shouts have disappeared.

No coincidence we have the 2nd best defence in the league.

We all dream of a team of Andy Websters.

:terrific:

Our best player by a mile and I note all the 'he's mentally ill' shouts have disappeared.

No coincidence we have the 2nd best defence in the league.

We all dream of a team of Andy Websters.

:terrific:

No Alan, this isn't that type of thread.

But agree that he is our most consistent player. I know people will point to the penalty incident at Killie but Webster and Zal as a pairing have "strolled" the last two games.

Good to see Kello back as well. Pity the rest of the players aren't up to standard. Fingers crossed Mcgowan gets a run of games in defence too.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Good that he's playing well. Expecting to see him culled with the high earners if Mr Romanov is true to his word, however. :thumbsup:

Clearly our back 5 is not the issue.

Our front 6 is. We need the glue to bring them both together. Mroweic, Johnsson and Black are Prit Stick. Hartley was loctite super glue.

portobellojambo1

Good that he's playing well. Expecting to see him culled with the high earners if Mr Romanov is true to his word, however. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately for you Geoff I think you'll find Andy Webster falls well within the upper limit salary wise that will define high earners. The only reason he may go is if he signed a contract which expires in January 2012, I believe it is going to be a case of natural wastage, with most expiring contracts not renewed (and there is absolutely nothing unique in that, just in case any journalists are reading the board and think they might have the basis for their next bit of fairytale prose). There are many, many players at Tynecastle earning a hell of a lot more than Webster, and I'd imagine a few of those contracts are due for renegotiation in a couple of months time, and won't be renewed (nor will the leaving players be replaced, I expect our transfer expenditure on players in January to total ?0, covering fees and/or wages).

As for the OP I agree totally, he is doing a sterling job for us at the back, if we could just start putting the ball in the net a little more often I think things would be a lot more rosy.

One to keep and build a reduced budget squad around.

Especially if a comment on here a week ago or so that he wasnt close to being one of the top earners.

?2m for Zal in the Russian transfer window with 25% going on an extented contract to our new club skipper.

Punks No Deid

agree, he's playing very well..hopefully he can string a run of games together n build on that :thumbsup:

Has Mr Webster played more games than KickBacks golden child AKA glass legs yet.

3/10

Still well below the standard expected of you

When wee vlad gets fed up and sacks clueless.

The new manager should build his side round Mr Webster.

5/10

Best score of the weekend Winnie :thumbsup:

ToadKiller Dog

Yup since he has had a run of games cant really fault his performances .

As noted at the time he cameback if he puts in the shifts most people will forgive if maybe not forget his previous .

Him and Zal are the best back partnership in the league .

Webster is more calm and cleans up while Zal has the more get stuck in role add Kello to that(best shot stopper in the league ) its a strong 3 .

The back line doesnt worry me .

Geoff Kilpatrick

5/10

Best score of the weekend Winnie :thumbsup:

You're the sort of guy who gives students 10% for writing their name at the top of an exam paper...

When wee vlad gets fed up and sacks clueless.

The new manager should build his side round Mr Webster.

As part of the squad cutting exercise we should be expecting one experienced and one youthful centre half.

My confidence levels in AW talking a youngster through a game compared to MZ are like night and day.

As part of the squad cutting exercise we should be expecting one experienced and one youthful centre half.

My confidence levels in AW talking a youngster through a game compared to MZ are like night and day.

Zal's best form for Hearts was when he had to talk C Thompson and Palazulous through each game.

He thrives on a bit of responsibility.

Both good players.

• 4 weeks later...

He was shite today...surpassed his level of shiteness of last week.

Still strolling is he?

sorry, and im not scapegoating here, but i`d have had Zaliukas off instead unless Websters withdrawal was injury related? Webster got his foot through the ball better when clearing today. How many slips did Zal have? Still counting........

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Still strolling is he?

Were you at either games?

Drylaw Hearts

Still strolling is he?

As soon as we lost the first goal he gave his groin a wee rub and never looked comfortable for the remainder of the half.

There is a serious lack of commitment and confidence in the majority of the players and guys like Webster and Zaliukas need to be stepping up to the mark and showing a bit of leadership - but they don't look as they give a shit.

He will be strolling alright, but only in the crazed minds of those who think Vlad is wonderful and those who wet their pants when he appointed PS :thumbsup:

He will be strolling alright, but only in the crazed minds of those who think Vlad is wonderful and those who wet their pants when he appointed PS :thumbsup:

Webster is a quality player. But anyone watching him play can see that he is restricted in his movement and cannot stretch for the ball. Gets away with a lot by his ability to read the game but likely we will have 2 different cenral defenders next season.

Archived