Xxxx Player Ratings xxxX

Ricknauskis

Thunderstruck

Thought that Jonsson, McGowan, Rudi and Webster were the pick of the bunch today. Obua brought a bit more bite when he came on and was a ba' hair away from goal of the season. the rest tried hard but too many were out of touch.

Jonsson for MoM.

Kello 8

Hammill 2

Webster 5

Zaliukus 5

McGowan 6

Eggert 7

Adrian 3

Skacel 6

Taouil 3

Temps 5

Stevo 5

Obua 6

Elliott 1

Driver no time

Broxburn_Jambo

I thought Taouil was the worst Hearts player on the pitch with the possible exception of Eliott.

I thought Taouil was the worst Hearts player on the pitch with the possible exception of Eliott.

But, when he wasn't playing he was brilliant!!!

Kello 7

Hammill 4

Webster 7

Zaliukus 7

McGowan 6

Eggert 5

Adrian 5

Skacel 5

Taouil 4

Temps 7

Stevo 5

Obua 6

Elliott No time

Driver No time

Kello 9 three excellent saves on the three times he was called upon

Hammil 3 poor

Zaliukas 7 played well

Webster 7 as Zal

McGowan 7 took 20mins to find feet in unusual position, but broke forward well.

Jonsson 7 thought he tried to start things from mdfield

Mroweic 2 broke up more of our moves than st mirren did. Should only ever be used as a holding midfielder.

Taouil 5 tries to beat himself at times.

Skacel 6 tried to get involved first half but was ignored, better second half.

Temps 6 some really good touches, some shocking moves/decisions

Stevenson 3 tries, but looked lost up front.

Obua 6 played well when he came on. Cant believe ball stayed out.

Elliot 2 little time, but poor in it.

Driver 2 little time.

I thought we just did okay, we were a decent final ball away from being slightly better than that. Too many times on the break we chose wrong option/overhit pass/miscontrolled it when through on goal.

Yes Kello made three great saves and they had a flurry of corners at the end but i thought we were the better team.

We also had no break of the ball today, second half ball rickashes off st mirren defender 2yrds out straight into goalies arms, how we didnt score in goalmouth scramble i'll never know, and Obua smashes a cracking shot of the inside of post and it spins out beyond other post.

Sergi HAS to see that Mroweic is murder further forward and that we need to play with a striker and not an average midfielder up front.

As i say, we were only a simple pass/control from being better than okay today.

Kello - 8 - 3 brilliant saves

Hamill - 5 - total SPL journeyman

Webster - 7 - solid

Zaliukas - 7 - his best game for some time

McGowan - 6 - settled into a game, some good runs

Mrowiec - 3 - awful on the ball again, played too far forward for his ability level

Jonsson - 8 - tremendous performance, tireless worker

Taouil - 3 - very poor, do not see why he gets game ahead of some of other players

Templeton - 5 - hit and miss today

Skacel - 5 - not his day

Stevenson - 5 - not his day either

Obua - 7 - his best game for Hearts

Elliott - 1 - very very poor - big duck feet mean he can't control the ball

Driver - 3 - no time

Was very impressed with St Mirren hospitality today - good day out. From the main stand thought our fans were very quiet.

portobellojambo1

Thought the best today (of the starting 11) were Kello, Zaliukas, Webster, McGowan, Jonsson and Skacel.

Disappointed by Taouil, Templeton, Hammill and Stevenson but the poorest player in our side by a fair distance was Adrian Mrowiec. Games where we don't set up to soak up pressure just don't suit him. I lost count of the number of times we were going forward and it all broke down as a result of him. If we could offer him some sort of contract where he just pops over for the games against Celtic I think that would be a very fruitful arrangement. He did more to destroy our midfield than destroy St Mirren's today'

Thought Obua fitted in well when he came on as did Andy Driver, but both should have been brought on a lot earlier to give them more time to get into the game, because by half time the game was already looking like a certain 0-0 draw, and we had to try and change it.

Would have preferred if the changes had been Mrowiec, Templeton and Stevenson off, with Elliott going up front instead of wide/midfield right and Obua and Driver coming on, all much earlier. Jonsson was doing a power of running in midfield, and St Mirren seemed to resort to pumping high balls in rather than playing through midfield, so he was coping. We had a chance to go a bit more offensive with both Obua and Taouil in midfield, Drive wide left, Elliott up front and Skacel playing in the space behind just to see if we could have come away with all 3 points.

ToadKiller Dog

Kello 9 Was excellent with some top drawer saves easy the star man

Hammill 4 Slow as feck in the thought process reminded me of his game at St Johnstone

Webster 7 good solid game

Zaliukus 8 led the back line well during the pressure at the end

McGowan 7 Should be starting RB once Grainger is back an athelete and can time a tackle , when he settled his confidence grew going to be a good player for us .

Eggert 7 looked to get things move didnt always come off but kept at it

Adrian 4 Not so good in a more expansive type of match

Skacel 6 tried to get involved never really got the shooting chance

Taouil 5 danced around a lot didnt really happen a bit light weight

Temps 6 didnt stop trying ,not really happening needs to mix up his play a bit more

Stevo 5 Usual effort but off his game,but not a striker or the guy who can pinch a goal

Obua 6 very good from him ,needs to see the on pass better and compete with the high balls better,would have been some goal .

Elliott 4 didnt add much but did try

Driver No time

Overall game was not to bad ,we are crying out for a goal getter ,plenty effort and the odd decent bit of football, St Midden are a decent outfit and capable of upseting any team in the SPL . The ref was over fussy and a bit of a homer in most 50/50s

but have seen a lot worse .

Kello defo MOTM. I thought Skacel had a good game and Obua did well when he came on. As for Mrowiec, I have to agree that I really cannot see what he brings to the team. Scott Robinson deserves to be given a chance in midfield IMO.

J Cheever Loophole

Kello motm by a country mile. Eggert next best.

This.thumbsup.gif

Temps needs to remember he has 2 feet now and again,that through ball from Rudi when he tried to kill it with his right,when he would have been in on goal.ffs.

Kello defo MOTM. I thought Skacel had a good game and Obua did well when he came on. As for Mrowiec, I have to agree that I really cannot see what he brings to the team. Scott Robinson deserves to be given a chance in midfield IMO.

Agree. Thought Eggert had a great game as well. Templeton, Stevenson and Hammil were v poor today.

I've no idea why sergio has given Adrian a more advanced midfield role. He's a holding midfielder and not even a great one.

Archived