Strikers

Greedy_Jambo

Sorry to bleet on about this but.. No Striker = No Goals! Its no fackin rocket science!

Then with 7 minutes to go we bring on Elliott! not sutton.. ELLIOTT! The only thing elliot has over sutton is work rate and what use is that with 7 minutes to go!!!!

Pissed off.

P.S Yes i know sutton wasn't on the bench. Its ridiculous.

Captain Lithuania

Sorry to bleet on about this but.. No Striker = No Goals! Its no fackin rocket science!

Then with 7 minutes to go we bring on Elliott! not sutton.. ELLIOTT! The only thing elliot has over sutton is work rate and what use is that with 7 minutes to go!!!!

Pissed off.

It's clear Sutton won't be used at all.

Played the same front 3 for the past 4 games I think and have only managed to score 2, both against Dunfermline. Time for a change up front.

I'd take Robinson and Smith up top at this rate. Dont think its the answer but we need to play two strikers. Its a joke.

I'd take Robinson and Smith up top at this rate. Dont think its the answer but we need to play two strikers. Its a joke.

No problem with playing one striker but we are currently playing none. Stevo has put in a great shift but its not natural to him

Has the transfer window opened since we went through this at length last week?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Whats your point caller?

Sutton and Smith need flung in amongst it.

Novikovas and driver aswell.

If anyone thinks we're going to be bring in quality strikers next transfer window .... keep sniffin the glue.

Even with quality strikers would we even play them!! thats my concern!

Fozzyonthefence

What's that got to do with the OP's point about not playing strikers?

Whats your point caller?

Sutton and Smith need flung in amongst it.

Novikovas and driver aswell.

Its the beauty of being a fan and not the manager. Anything a fan says is correct without question as there is no way of proving otherwise.

When Rudi wasn't getting a game everyone said the manager was stupid for not playing him. He's done next to nothing the last 5 or so games.

When Novikovas has played recently he's barley touched the ball.

Something is up with Driver (vlad flu me thinks) and even the last few games he played he's not been up to much.

There were several on here last week claiming Taouil was the answer to our creativity and he played today and was taken off. People are now moaning we weren't creative enough.

Everyone wanted Sutton to play against Ayr, he did and got slated.

He's damned if he does and he's damned if he doesn't.

Its the beauty of being a fan and not the manager. Anything a fan says is correct without question as there is no way of proving otherwise.

When Rudi wasn't getting a game everyone said the manager was stupid for not playing him. He's done next to nothing the last 5 or so games.

When Novikovas has played recently he's barley touched the ball.

Something is up with Driver (vlad flu me thinks) and even the last few games he played he's not been up to much.

There were several on here last week claiming Taouil was the answer to our creativity and he played today and was taken off. People are now moaning we weren't creative enough.

Everyone wanted Sutton to play against Ayr, he did and got slated.

So what do you suggest we do? wait until the transfer window when we don't even pay the players wages on time!

He's damned if he does and he's damned if he doesn't.

So what do you suggest we do? wait until the transfer window? when we don't even pay the players wages on time!

Anything i say is an opinion. Its not correct and its not wrong.

cardboardcutout

the fact that sergio has only been here for a few months is irrelevant, he must see what we see and even allowing for behind-the-scenes stuff we're not privvy to he cannot think we are suddenly going to start scoring goals with our set-up!

So he must be a 1-0 sort of manager which would work if we could just get the one, but is that what hearts fans want to see for their hard earned cash!

All teams need to do is match our workrate and we are pash so i dont care what sutton does out of the box we need a target man in there for our full backs to aim for!

sergio will vanish soon enough as he must be one of the so called high earners and with no dough to spend in january he will realise that staying will be damaging to his cv.

We need to be patient, support the players on the pitch, realise that the process of changing the wage structure of the squad (which has been happening for about two season) takes time.

We are nearing the point were the highest earners have all left and soon we'll have a smaller squad which will give more space for the youngsters coming through. We all need to realise building a football club takes longer than three months and you can't just though young players in to the first team and expect them to be match winners. It took the likes of Naysmith, Gordon, Berra, Wallace, Ritchie, McLaren, Macann and many others two or three season to find their feet in the first team. This process is repeating with Temps, Jonsson, Novi, Robinson, McGowan, Smith etc, etc but we need to give them time.

I'm not having a go at you in particular, and i'm sorry if it come across as such, but I get fed up of all the madness I read on here from game to game.

We have some great prospects coming through and need to be careful with how they are developed.

We need to be patient, support the players on the pitch, realise that the process of changing the wage structure of the squad (which has been happening for about two season) takes time.

We are nearing the point were the highest earners have all left and soon we'll have a smaller squad which will give more space for the youngsters coming through. We all need to realise building a football club takes longer than three months and you can't just though young players in to the first team and expect them to be match winners. It took the likes of Naysmith, Gordon, Berra, Wallace, Ritchie, McLaren, Macann and many others two or three season to find their feet in the first team. This process is repeating with Temps, Jonsson, Novi, Robinson, McGowan, Smith etc, etc but we need to give them time.

I'm not having a go at you in particular, and i'm sorry if it come across as such, but I get fed up of all the madness I read on here from game to game.

We have some great prospects coming through and need to be careful with how they are developed.

Fair points to an extent but its worrying that similar to JJ, PS is sticking with the tried and tested rather than give Robinson and Smith a decent run. The Celtic and Dumf results masked poor performances with very little created from open play. Its gobsmacking that he is sticking with the same personnel week in week out, Rudi hasn't the legs to play wide, Stevo is never a forward and if Black hadn't been sent off last week he no doubt would have continued with Adrian at the head of his midfield three. I am all for giving him time and the chance to bring in his own players, unlikely though that is, but his deployment of personnel and defensive set up is worrying IMO as his reluctance to give some of the young guys a run.

Sorry chaps, but Sutton has done **** all apart from stick away two very easy chances against the Sheep.

The problem isn't the lack of a front man, it's the lack of creative midfielders.

I really hope I'm wrong, but smith looks pretty poor to me. So whatever the answer to our problems is I do not think it will be him.

I think Sutton should be given more of a chance - but looking at the team today what struck me was the lack of pace up front - and neither Sutton nor Elliot are the quickest so giving them a game won't solve the problem IMO.

I think Sutton should be given more of a chance - but looking at the team today what struck me was the lack of pace up front - and neither Sutton nor Elliot are the quickest so giving them a game won't solve the problem IMO.

Pace is an issue throughout the whole team.

I really wish we'd freshen it up by getting a couple of youngsters in there.

The way we played at Spurs was a breath of fresh air, and the players that contributed to that that night have barely had a look in since.

Pace is an issue throughout the whole team.

I really wish we'd freshen it up by getting a couple of youngsters in there.

The way we played at Spurs was a breath of fresh air, and the players that contributed to that that night have barely had a look in since.

Agreed - I cannot understand why guys like Robinson and Smith - who played very well that night - are not being given a chance.

Refuses to give Sutton a decent run.

We haven't had a forward line since Janny and Bednar.

Not good enough for a club like Hearts who are supposedly a BIG club in their league.

Sergio must be allowed to bring in a striker or 2 in January

Sorry chaps, but Sutton has done **** all apart from stick away two very easy chances against the Sheep.

The problem isn't the lack of a front man, it's the lack of creative midfielders.

Ah so we do have a player who has scored two goals in a game this season, but why play him? after all he might score.

Paulo needs booted in the haw maws for going out of his way not to play a goal scoring striker just because they fell out at training doesnt mean a striker should not be played.

Last week Paulo said we were unlucky in front of goal BUT if he played a striker we would be further up the table than we are at present.

The Old Tolbooth

The guy is a off his rocker.

It's like Levein away to the Czezh's

EVERY SINGLE WEEK

I agree with that, it's clinically depressing!

Sorry Eck, I don't see it like that. We've created 40 or so chances in the two games against Rangers and Kilmarnock, and buried none of them, what more could a creative midfield do? Strikers who can strike is the problem, we don't have any! :(

Sutton scored 2 against Aberdeen that were supposedly easy chances, how many of the 40 odd chances in the last two games would be classed as easy that Sutton could score? (I can't speak for today as I wasn't there and have no idea how it went, I hate not being there!)

Sorry Eck, I don't see it like that. We've created 40 or so chances in the two games against Rangers and Kilmarnock, and buried none of them, what more could a creative midfield do? Strikers who can strike is the problem, we don't have any! :(

Sutton scored 2 against Aberdeen that were supposedly easy chances, how many of the 40 odd chances in the last two games would be classed as easy that Sutton could score? (I can't speak for today as I wasn't there and have no idea how it went, I hate not being there!)

I totally agree with the above

I totally agree with the above

Time and time again this season we have created chances and no one to put them away, Ryan has done really well but as the performances at dunfermline, love street and the games against rangers and killie show he is a good player but far from a striker. FFS Paulo play a striker

Jambof3tornado

Sutton deserve the same chances Stephen Elliott has had to prove his worth. The not mobile enough argument is garbage as Stevenson hardly blazes around the park!

Ah so we do have a player who has scored two goals in a game this season, but why play him? after all he might score.

Paulo needs booted in the haw maws for going out of his way not to play a goal scoring striker just because they fell out at training doesnt mean a striker should not be played.

Last week Paulo said we were unlucky in front of goal BUT if he played a striker we would be further up the table than we are at present.

Aye, he got two goals against Aberdeen, but he was rotten against Rangers, awful against Paks (twice) and did nothing against Dundee United. We don't create many simple chances, which is why we don't score that many goals. Stevenson has shown that he knows the right areas to get in, but we just don't put the ball into those areas enough.

Playing two wingers might make a good start.

We created the square root of feck all today and barring an Obua screamer from outside the box and a goalmouth scramble at a corner, we never really looked like scoring. Having Sutton on the park wouldn't have changed that.

The Old Tolbooth

We created the square root of feck all today and barring an Obua screamer from outside the box and a goalmouth scramble at a corner, we never really looked like scoring. Having Sutton on the park wouldn't have changed that.

It's fair enough at away games mate, and I admit I hadn't a clue as to what happened today as I couldn't make it (and it sounds like I didn't miss much), but at home we seem to be a different proposition and appear to be creating chances, we just need someone to take them. (to be honest I'm not convinced Sutton is the answer either and I'd rather see Smith get a decent chance rather then 10 minutes at the end of a game, what can he do with little game time?)

I really hope I'm wrong, but smith looks pretty poor to me. So whatever the answer to our problems is I do not think it will be him.

Thank Christ it's not just me thinking that.

Geoff Kilpatrick

So, er, this letting the manager select the team thing. It's working well? :P

In reality, Sergio is judged by results and I don't care who he picks to achieve them. At the moment 5th place isn't acceptable and we look inferior to St Johnstone, let alone Motherwell.

So, no improvement = ta ta Sergio.

I was holding my breath in the hope that P.S. has a stricker in his sights for the jan transfer window, but given the last week or two i reckon we got feck all of a chance of anyone coming in!! Get sutton on!!!!! I have always praised stevo but this just aint good enough! If robbo was dead hed be turning in his grave!

So you've totally contradicted yourself there. Either we're creating lots of chances or it's like Levein against the Czechs. It can't be both. Which is it?

I was holding my breath in the hope that P.S. has a stricker in his sights for the jan transfer window, but given the last week or two i reckon we got feck all of a chance of anyone coming in!! Get sutton on!!!!! I have always praised stevo but this just aint good enough! If robbo was dead hed be turning in his grave!

Any thoughts on getting Sheridan from CSKA and pre contract deal for Sandaza.

11 goals so far!

Howdy Doody Jambo

Well if thats the way he rolls then why not give him a chance , i don't care if Sutton looks like he is knackered , unfit, slow as a snail , but if he can put the ball in the back of the net thats all we want .

Its the lack of setting our team out to go and win games , we are too negative and boring

Dress it up how you like but Sergios 4-6-0 formation is pants

Sutton was rotten against Aberdeen............ But scored two goals.

rotten

rotten

rotten

:cornette:

So what are we as a whole, now, scoring zero?

I want to be rotten again.

Sutton was rotten against Aberdeen............ But scored two goals.

rotten

rotten

rotten

:cornette:

So what are we as a whole, now, scoring zero?

I want to be rotten again.

The whole team was rotten... we were lucky that Aberdeen were more rotten.

Archived