Newcastle v Everton

Harry Palmer

Rampaging Newcastle are undefeated so far in the league and going along great guns. Pardew has made some astute signings for not a lot of transfer outlay.

Everton, well they're languishing just 4 points above the relegation zone and without a pot to pish in Moyes must once again work miracles. However he is looking to sign Landon Donovan on loan again.

Teams:

Newcastle: Krul, Simpson, Coloccini, Steven Taylor, Ryan Taylor, Marveaux, Cabaye, Guthrie, Gutierrez, Best, Ba. Subs: Elliot, Santon, Ben Arfa, Lovenkrands, Perch, Gosling, Sammy Ameobi.

Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Heitinga, Jagielka, Baines, Coleman, Neville, Rodwell, Drenthe, Osman, Saha. Subs: Mucha, Bilyaletdinov, Stracqualursi, McFadden, Distin, Cahill, Vellios.

Referee: Andre Marriner (W Midlands)

Everton to win. :ninja:

Rampaging Newcastle are undefeated so far in the league and going along great guns. Pardew has made some astute signings for not a lot of transfer outlay.

Everton, well they're languishing just 4 points above the relegation zone and without a pot to pish in Moyes must once again work miracles. However he is looking to sign Landon Donovan on loan again.

Teams:

Newcastle: Krul, Simpson, Coloccini, Steven Taylor, Ryan Taylor, Marveaux, Cabaye, Guthrie, Gutierrez, Best, Ba. Subs: Elliot, Santon, Ben Arfa, Lovenkrands, Perch, Gosling, Sammy Ameobi.

Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Heitinga, Jagielka, Baines, Coleman, Neville, Rodwell, Drenthe, Osman, Saha. Subs: Mucha, Bilyaletdinov, Stracqualursi, McFadden, Distin, Cahill, Vellios.

Referee: Andre Marriner (W Midlands)

Everton to win. :ninja:

Newcastle to maintain their great form...2-1

Same back four and goalkeeper that have started every game this season which has been key to their great start! They needed it because once the injuries and suspensions start, expect the free fall to commence!

Could be an interesting game. As good as Newcastle have been this season, they've been a bit ropey at St James Park, and Everton are almost impossible to predict.

Sadly, I get the feeling we might get a drab draw - hopefully I'll be proved wrong.

Mr D Ba is the difference for the Geordies this season, but Everton are always hard to beat.

Newcastle

Oldham

Killie

Villa

Pays 15/1

&

Southend

Villa

Hartlepool

Charlton

Pays over 23/1

Good luck.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Great stuff. Pleased for Pardew. Always sensed his reputation as a bit of a dud was unfair.

Also, these last two CL places are a lot more open than folk think. Anyone from Chelsea, Spurs, Newcastle, Arsenal and Liverpool could get them I reckon.

Ryan Taylor better no have scored? :(

I went to put him in the dream team this morning but the transfers were already shut. :vrface:

I went to put him in the dream team this morning but the transfers were already shut. :vrface:

Afraid so.

If it's any consolation, I have him.

:verysmug:

:lol:

Just hit the bar

Cracking header but terrible marking. Still fancy to score again but Cabaye going off hasn't helped matters

Neville going off injured hasn't helped much either....

Shame for the lad and that. :(

It's going to go to shite now.

I was right...almost tempted to switch on to Shitesound to hear the build up...

I was right...almost tempted to switch on to Shitesound to hear the build up...

Pretty dire 2nd half, but Newcastle did what was needed.

Was down at the game yesterday and what an atmosphere. The place was buzzing given their unexpected position and it was a first 50k+ crowd of the season.

They did ride their luck at times and perhaps got lucky with the handball but i thought they were worth the win in the end.

Everything about it, from the actual football to being able to get a pint in the ground, just the whole matchday experience, has all but confirmed to me that Scottish football is dead.

Prince Buaben

Was down at the game yesterday and what an atmosphere. The place was buzzing given their unexpected position and it was a first 50k+ crowd of the season.

They did ride their luck at times and perhaps got lucky with the handball but i thought they were worth the win in the end.

Everything about it, from the actual football to being able to get a pint in the ground, just the whole matchday experience, has all but confirmed to me that Scottish football is dead.

Would agree with that. Was there too and it was night and day between SPL and EPL

I was at the QPR V City game last night.Great game,banter,atmosphere.Started to go to a few odd games a few years back and now find myself going as a regular.Due to the state of the game up here sadly I cannot see me returning to watching Hearts home and away ever again.Went from a diehard to part timer in 3 years.

Ticket prices are the only thing wrong with the matchday experience down there and this season has the makings of being one of the best with a lot of credit to Newcastle plus the promoted clubs QPR,Norwich and Swansea.

Archived