Faith in Sergio

stirlingshirejambo

stirlingshirejambo

Now if newspaper reports are to be belived. . Big if. . Sergio convinced the players not to make official complaint re their wages and to put their trust in him that they would be paid. As thankfully it turned out right they were so do you think that this will have a positive impact on the players. Will they have increased respect for Sergio. Will they perhaps listen and take on board his ideas. It's been a bit stop start in terms of sticking to the system in recent weeks but there have been flashes where they are trying to play a more composed type of football but not consistent enough.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

I would very much doubt if this situation has any baring on their views on sergio tbh. If anything, the fact they took his advice on board shows they already have respect for his advice! However it may be the case that this whole sorry episode has brought the team closer together, a siege mentality if you will...we shall wait and see!

The players should have faith and respect for the manager, period. However I'll only have true faith in Sergio when he realises that Hearts don't need to effectively play a 4-6-0 formation. As posted many times. Sutton is a decent striker and as commented by Sergio on the Hearts website. Hearts need goals. Give him a chance with Elliott and give Stevenson a break, see what happens. If I'm wrong then so be it. But if a 2 striker starting 11 isn't acknowledged in the next few weeks then it doen't matter how much the team has faith in him because I won't.

The players should have faith and respect for the manager, period. However I'll only have true faith in Sergio when he realises that Hearts don't need to effectively play a 4-6-0 formation. As posted many times. Sutton is a decent striker and as commented by Sergio on the Hearts website. Hearts need goals. Give him a chance with Elliott and give Stevenson a break, see what happens. If I'm wrong then so be it. But if a 2 striker starting 11 isn't acknowledged in the next few weeks then it doen't matter how much the team has faith in him because I won't.

Not having a go at you independently but Hearts do not play 4-6-0. Stevenson has played very few games in SPL as a midfield player. Please accept he is a forward now. Elliott has done next to nothing as a striker. His best games came playing to the right of Kyle, not quite on the wing but certainly not as a striker.

Sutton may do OK if we play with two wingers but as PS like his wide players cutting inside, relying on the full backs to get to the by line then he's last on the list as he can't run. He's been rotten since he signed for us. Like his attitude and hope he does get a chance in a shape that suits but with Templeton wide left he offers next to nothing.

Sutton may do OK if we play with two wingers but as PS like his wide players cutting inside, relying on the full backs to get to the by line then he's last on the list as he can't run. He's been rotten since he signed for us. Like his attitude and hope he does get a chance in a shape that suits but with Templeton wide left he offers next to nothing.

If he can just get a run in the team then he'll score goals,two good finishes without even breaking sweat.

Sergio is NOT the man to take us forward,his selections are dreadful week in week out...better players not playing imo.

As for the "I see the way hes trying to make us play" shite....I dont im afraid.

Always have faith in Paulo, think his midfield 3 selection may be a bit suspect at times but how many times have we complained about managers changing a winning team? We won 2 games in a row (one of which was against Celtic), and we were the better team last week (despite the result).

I think we're going in the right direction, and with Black out the team we can only get better (IMO).

This thread is like a magnet already.

He's certainly no worse than JJ was, but I can't see much improvement yet. Hopefully we can see a few changes today and that could be the start of a good run.

I'm not too positive it will, because we're Hearts and it never does :(

This thread is like a magnet already.

He's certainly no worse than JJ was, but I can't see much improvement yet. Hopefully we can see a few changes today and that could be the start of a good run.

I'm not too positive it will, because we're Hearts and it never does :(

Not going to happen unless he relents and plays our strikers.

Poor up until now,disappointed with him.Hope he improves selection and tactics sooner rather than later.Had high hopes as well at his appointment.

Nonsense. It is not a 4-6-0 formation or anything like it. We are playing 3 up-front. Despite not getting the result in the last few games we have played well and controlled the tempo and possession. Something we failed miserably at under Jefferies. The key weakness in the team is the personnel in the three man midfield. A slight rejigging to provide a little more creativity would make all the difference.

I 100% believe that we will be a far better team under Sergio over time. However will he get time? Will there be any players left to work with? Who knows!?!?!

PS is a clueless yes man.

Wee Vlad is picking the team.

Have to agree watched against Killie, Zal injured and waved to the bench whilst hobbling about for 5 minutes before replaced, Webster shouting at the bench that we only had three at the back when he did get replaced, mind you he maybe didnt see any that from his position in the stand. Anyone have any ideas why he humiliated Sutton at the end of St Mirren game when he was sent to stand 20 yards onto the pitch for 5 minutes whilst the rest went down the tunnel. The lad looked totally bemused, used as a whipping boy for PS me thinks.

On last weeks wage farce heard it was a lot more about Gary Locke pacifying the players not to take action rather than Sergio. <_<

Have to agree watched against Killie, Zal injured and waved to the bench whilst hobbling about for 5 minutes before replaced, Webster shouting at the bench that we only had three at the back when he did get replaced, mind you he maybe didnt see any that from his position in the stand. Anyone have any ideas why he humiliated Sutton at the end of St Mirren game when he was sent to stand 20 yards onto the pitch for 5 minutes whilst the rest went down the tunnel. The lad looked totally bemused, used as a whipping boy for PS me thinks.

When did that happen? Was that the home game?

On last weeks wage farce heard it was a lot more about Gary Locke pacifying the players not to take action rather than Sergio. <_<

did he.

make them all a cup of tea.

Never fails to amuse me that when Hearts are playing poorly, the idiots immediately jump out and claim Vlad is picking the team.

:look:

peebles jambo

to say i'm disappointed in paulo is an understatement, for me, his team selection is pish, why we have to be so defensive minded at tynie is a mystery, time to start playing recognised strikers, celtic game apart, been pretty crap to watch

jamboinglasgow

Never fails to amuse me that when Hearts are playing poorly, the idiots immediately jump out and claim Vlad is picking the team.

:look:

Same here. Or that slow subs mean that Vlad is picking the team.

mahgrassyshoes

Selections are pish. Taouil should be playing they cry.

Taouil plays. Plays pish. Silence is deafening.

Selections are pish. Taouil should be playing they cry.

Taouil plays. Plays pish. Silence is deafening.

To be fair mgs, he deserved a chance and everyone rightly pointed out he had. There`s always a chance it could go boobies up but that`s down to the player.

Fans shouting for a guy to be given a chance who has hardly played doesn`t make out those fans to be wrong when he didn`t perform.

That`s just football.... likewise, no one would have been a genius if he played well.

mahgrassyshoes

To be fair mgs, he deserved a chance and everyone rightly pointed out he had. There`s always a chance it could go boobies up but that`s down to the player.

Fans shouting for a guy to be given a chance who has hardly played doesn`t make out those fans to be wrong when he didn`t perform.

That`s just football.... likewise, no one would have been a genius if he played well.

That performance at the weekend was worse that any of the 4 before that. Everyone said we'd be better with it being the way it was on Saturday. It wasn't, but everyone is still giving the manager a hard time for "his" selection, even though it's the selection they wanted. The closest we've had to the best possible selection (according to those on here) is the Ayr game and look at the performance. Still it is PS who is the stupid one with the shite selections. We're supposed to be supporters but the vocal amongst our fans are over critical. Fans dishing out abuse to Driver having a "brass neck" for having a joke while he was warming up. fans dishing out abuse to David Obua because he's shite before he's even got on the park. He changed the game! Paulo Sergio getting abuse because he's not picking the right team but when he does pick the right team he's still shite. He sees the players in training everyday, and regardless to what people on here keep saying he does have a clue. He was manager of Sporting Lisbon FFS. He got a first division portuguese club to a cup final. People should stop expecting him to perform miracles with everyone elses duds.

I want to give him time to complete a season (own transfers ect....)

Do you think he'll be allowed to SING his own players?? :whistling:

The jury is still out for me on Sergio...So far he's shite TBH, but will give him until January before I decide on him. He'll probaby have walked or been sacked by then though!! :rolleyes:

That performance at the weekend was worse that any of the 4 before that. Everyone said we'd be better with it being the way it was on Saturday. It wasn't, but everyone is still giving the manager a hard time for "his" selection, even though it's the selection they wanted. The closest we've had to the best possible selection (according to those on here) is the Ayr game and look at the performance. Still it is PS who is the stupid one with the shite selections. We're supposed to be supporters but the vocal amongst our fans are over critical. Fans dishing out abuse to Driver having a "brass neck" for having a joke while he was warming up. fans dishing out abuse to David Obua because he's shite before he's even got on the park. He changed the game! Paulo Sergio getting abuse because he's not picking the right team but when he does pick the right team he's still shite. He sees the players in training everyday, and regardless to what people on here keep saying he does have a clue. He was manager of Sporting Lisbon FFS. He got a first division portuguese club to a cup final. People should stop expecting him to perform miracles with everyone elses duds.

It's still Mr Jeems team so he only should get criticized for selection or how long he takes to change things when its blatantly obvious to everyone bar him that teams sus us our style quickly.

mahgrassyshoes

It's still Mr Jeems team so he only should get criticized for selection or how long he takes to change things when its blatantly obvious to everyone bar him that teams sus us our style quickly.

I'd agree with that. I'm not saying he shouldn't be criticised, there are definitely times where the subs have come too late. What was the point in throwing driver on with 5 mins to go for example? But the criticism is too much and constant on here. We complain about managers not being given enough time then want a manager who has done alright (not great, not bad just alright) out after a couple of months. I don't see why we can't get behind him and let him feel like he can have the support for a year. Maybe then he would be more keen to experiment with youth and more attacking formations rather than play safe and hope for sneaking a win.

Have no faith in him at all his philosophy of passing football only works with players who can pass the ball. Surely after 2/3 months of watching these guys every day he would've realised they're not up to the task

mahgrassyshoes

Have no faith in him at all his philosophy of passing football only works with players who can pass the ball. Surely after 2/3 months of watching these guys every day he would've realised they're not up to the task

What should he be doing? Shipping them out and bringing new boys in? Oh, wait... he can't do that until January.

What should he be doing? Shipping them out and bringing new boys in? Oh, wait... he can't do that until January.

Shipping players out was never mentioned in my post I think you'll find. But he was obviously sounded out about the job before JJ was sacked. Surely he would have had an idea what he was going to be working with.

mahgrassyshoes

Shipping players out was never mentioned in my post I think you'll find. But he was obviously sounded out about the job before JJ was sacked. Surely he would have had an idea what he was going to be working with.

I didn't say that you did say that. I asked what you thought he should do and then made a suggestion. The fact you've no faith in the guy because he's trying to play a style of football with a group of players that are incapable, even though he's not had a chance to change the pool of players, shows exactly what he's up against with some in our support.

I didn't say that you did say that. I asked what you thought he should do and then made a suggestion. The fact you've no faith in the guy because he's trying to play a style of football with a group of players that are incapable, even though he's not had a chance to change the pool of players, shows exactly what he's up against with some in our support.

Misunderstanding sorry. What I think he should be doing is playing to their strengths which he's not. If I can see it living down here how apparent does it have to be

We_are_the_Hearts

Misunderstanding sorry. What I think he should be doing is playing to their strengths which he's not. If I can see it living down here how apparent does it have to be

Style of play first, personnel second. The current players are being given the opportunity to show they can fit into the style. That's how it needs to be if we are going to move forward long term and create a style of play that players can be promoted to from within when others move on. We can't keep changing the style depending on who plays. :thumbsup:

Style of play first, personnel second. The current players are being given the opportunity to show they can fit into the style. That's how it needs to be if we are going to move forward long term and create a style of play that players can be promoted to from within when others move on. We can't keep changing the style depending on who plays. :thumbsup:

Point accepted but with JJ in charge we had goals in the team. That's not to say I want him back he's had his time. The way things are now where do the goals come from? Stevo is doing his best but he's no striker we all know that, we all know the strikers in the team are warming the bench or sitting in the stand it makes no sense

mahgrassyshoes

Point accepted but with JJ in charge we had goals in the team. That's not to say I want him back he's had his time. The way things are now where do the goals come from? Stevo is doing his best but he's no striker we all know that, we all know the strikers in the team are warming the bench or sitting in the stand it makes no sense

We've had plenty chances in the last 3 games, we've just not taken them. The whole style of play thing would be worrying if we weren't creating chances, but we are, we're just not taking them.

No when Kyle was in the team we had goals after that we were murder.

We_are_the_Hearts

We had goals but we also conceded more. Just need to be patient I think as it would appear we are building a style starting by being more compact and retaining posession. We seem to be controlling posession a lot more in games than we have in the past, unlike when Csaba was here as his style was to give the opposition posession, break it down then counter, especially at Home. We are defo missing a quality striker though, someone like Jelavic. Stevo has the brains and work rate to play that role but just lacks a bit of sharpness and killer instinct. None of our forwards are very good unfortunately although Smith still has time on his side. :thumbsup:

I agree with the style of play to bring through the youth team, however there has to be a balance. He's got to look at who is in the first team squad and implement a style from there that will lead to "his style - the clubs style" you simply can't go from JJ's style and the players he bought to play that system to the opposite end of the football spectrum and expect it to work.

Look at Inter Milan - even with some of europes best talent they couldn't play the way the manager wanted - he gets the bullet, Ranieri comes in works to the players strenghts and they are winning games again.

We've had plenty chances in the last 3 games, we've just not taken them. The whole style of play thing would be worrying if we weren't creating chances, but we are, we're just not taking them.

And with a striker one from the start we probably would've converted a few imo

mahgrassyshoes

And with a striker one from the start we probably would've converted a few imo

I'm not convinced we would have, considering most of the chances we've had haven't fell to Stevenson. the striker role in this formation is to bring others into the game. PS has decided, rightly or wrongly, that Stevenson is better than Sutton for this role. Our best chances fell to Jonsson and Temps at the weekend. Rudi against Killie. Only the Rangers game has Stevenson missed our best chance to score; in that instance, I'm not convinced Sutton would have been in the same position to have the chance in the first place.

I'm not convinced we would have, considering most of the chances we've had haven't fell to Stevenson. the striker role in this formation is to bring others into the game. PS has decided, rightly or wrongly, that Stevenson is better than Sutton for this role. Our best chances fell to Jonsson and Temps at the weekend. Rudi against Killie. Only the Rangers game has Stevenson missed our best chance to score; in that instance, I'm not convinced Sutton would have been in the same position to have the chance in the first place.

You probably watch more games than me so I'll bow to your superior knowledge I've only managed 1 game so far this season. Lets just hope it gets better soon. On night trunk to Northamptonshire tonight so its time for 40 winks cheers for the chat.

Archived