No Noise About The Taxpayer Paying Ranger's Wages!

bobskeldon

Interesting that there has been no media coverage about Rangers not having paid

their playing staff for many years, because WE the taxpayer have been doing it!

William H. Bonney

Rangers don't have a meglomaniac for an owner who has an extremely unhealthy relationship with the media. Its all about relationships in scottish football. We don't have one so we get shafted.

Rangers don't have a meglomaniac for an owner who has an extremely unhealthy relationship with the media. Its all about relationships in scottish football. We don't have one so we get shafted.

Are you saying Whyte gets on well with the BBC and others?

Francis Albert

Are you saying Whyte gets on well with the BBC and others?

SDM did (does?) and it's all down to the "previous regime".

Whyte is just in the door at Rangers. Romanov has been villainized from day one.

William H. Bonney

SDM did (does?) and it's all down to the "previous regime".

This. Murray had a fairly smooth relationship with the press. If i bad mouthed someone for a long time, why would they in turn have something nice to say. Our problems are escalted in the media because of vlads awful pr skills.

i said to der hun boss today that i expect at least some of the media - should rangers go into administration and start afresh - to spin it such that it's a shrewd piece of financial chicanery and a brave new dawn for rangers.

he paused and then said "well it would be".

large sections of the media will play to that audience if and when rangers do go pop.

This. Murray had a fairly smooth relationship with the press. If i bad mouthed someone for a long time, why would they in turn have something nice to say. Our problems are escalted in the media because of vlads awful pr skills.

Sadly, I think you're wrong. Vlad was slated by the press long before he even got the Hearts gig and was challenged by all and sundry as to whether he was a fit and proper person to run a football club. While he has slated the press, I believe that this was a response to his disgraceful treatment at their hands. For instance, I can't think of anything he's done to justify Chick Young's assertion just a couple of days ago that Vlad "made his blood boil."

No, the real reason for his harsh treatment is the fact that he is Johnny Foreigner and not only that, Johnny Foreigner that speaks his mind about the problems in Scottish football. Many in the Scottish media and other areas of Scottish society are still that prejudiced that they'll vilify people for that. While Vlad is often wrong about people being out to get him, he is sometimes right.

I'm with Vlad on this one and against the small minded little xenophobs in the media and the SFA. Rangers are being treated with kid gloves over their alleged tax avoidance and the villification of Vlad by comparison is nothing to do with his PR skills and everything to do with their prejudice.

:bravo:

Sadly, I think you're wrong. Vlad was slated by the press long before he even got the Hearts gig and was challenged by all and sundry as to whether he was a fit and proper person to run a football club. While he has slated the press, I believe that this was a response to his disgraceful treatment at their hands. For instance, I can't think of anything he's done to justify Chick Young's assertion just a couple of days ago that Vlad "made his blood boil."

No, the real reason for his harsh treatment is the fact that he is Johnny Foreigner and not only that, Johnny Foreigner that speaks his mind about the problems in Scottish football. Many in the Scottish media and other areas of Scottish society are still that prejudiced that they'll vilify people for that. While Vlad is often wrong about people being out to get him, he is sometimes right.

I'm with Vlad on this one and against the small minded little xenophobs in the media and the SFA. Rangers are being treated with kid gloves over their alleged tax avoidance and the villification of Vlad by comparison is nothing to do with his PR skills and everything to do with their prejudice.

:bravo:

I find it amazing that anyone is so deluded as to state simply that "Murray had a smooth relationship with the press", whilst ignoring the fact that that only applied as long as they toed the party line and printed what he wanted and didn't print what he didn't want! Ask Spiers!!!

PS And that's not even taking into account the papers softly, softly with Craig "Would you buy a second-hand car from this man" Whyte - and this despite the recent in depth expose!

Well said Sir!!!

Archived