Its over we hope

hmfc fan

amie Hamill was one of the three Hearts stars to hold talks with club over unpaid wages

CRISIS club Hearts have promised to pay up their players' missing wages next week after three senior pros demanded showdown talks on behalf of the entire first-team squad.

Record Sport can reveal that the trio - Ian Black, Ryan Stevenson and Jamie Hamill - met with Tynecastle managing director David Southern to voice the concerns of their team-mates whose pay packets are now more than two weeks late.

The dramatic move by the trio came after desperate team-mates begged the club for emergency loans to help them meet mortgage and car repayments.

The squad last night lifted their threat of an official complaint to the SPL after being warned by boss Paolo Sergio and Sergejus Fedotovas - right-hand man to owner Vladimir Romanov - that it would exacerbate the situation.

Chief executive Southern insisted the money is on its way from the Edinburgh club's holding company in Lithuania but could not give a specific date for when it will drop into the players' bank accounts.

But yesterday skipper Marius Zaliukas, who it is believed has been speaking to owner Romanov by phone, was assuring increasingly worried colleagues their cash should be paid up in full by the start of next week.

Also, we can reveal that a split has emerged in the dressing room with the Hearts captain seen as being too close to the Lithuanian owner.

A high-placed source told Record Sport: "The three players are speaking up on behalf of the dressing room because there are a lot of people feeling very insecure in there right now.

"The three of them have been extremely professional in the way they have handled the situation. They were anxious, not angry.

"There has been no shouting or bawling or threatening to withdraw labour. They just want to be assured that this problem is going to be sorted and that's what David attempted to do.

"The club line is simple.This is simply a timing issue, it is not a funding issue.

"In other words, the money is out there somewhere and it's on the way. It's just a matter of when not if they are paid.

"The players were also told that there will be no fire sale this January, despite some of the scaremongering that has been going on.

"And it should also be made clear to any fans who are worried about the situation that Vladimir Romanov is not about to pull the plug on Hearts.

"Yes, he is very concerned with the state of Scottish footbal l and ser iously unhappy with Edinburgh City Council over their refusal to back his plans for a new stadium - but he has no intention of damaging the club."

Last night the PFA confirmed the threat of a formal complaint had been withdrawn as had the possibility of invoking FIFA Article 14 for breach of contract with just cause.

PFA Scotland chief executive Fraser Wishart, currently attending the FIFPro Congress in Israel, said: "The players trust their manager's word and as a gesture of good faith the players agreed to postpone their complaint.

"Our members have no wish to resort to legal action; they simply want to be paid.

"If the salaries are not forthcoming they reserve the right to instruct PFA Scotland to involve the SPL and take any other action that is appropriate."

With no home fixture until the November 26 SPL clash with Inverness, payment of the players' wages depends on Romanov stumping up the cash.

The Hearts owner has paid a recent debt and today a winding-up pet ition against the club was dismissed at the Court of Session in Edinburgh.

Papers were lodged on July 29 by the Advocate General for Scotland on behalf of Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs, with Hearts confirming on August 16 that they had paid the debt after being threatened with administration.

The case appeared on today's court proceedings, but was dismissed.

The Treasurer

"Desperate players beg for emergency loans" ?

They only need to look at their shirt to see where they could secure such a thing :)

"Desperate players beg for emergency loans" ?

They only need to look at their shirt to see where they could secure such a thing :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Where was this article taken from? Hopefully this is true.

It would be a shame if players resented Zal for a flimsy reason like that. Would it be wise for his to be captain, or even playing if this 'split' is true? I'm sure some JKBers would be delighted with that :ninja:::troll:::'>

to be fair... if we're going to be highly sceptical about negative 'reports' then we should probably be just as sceptical about anything that sounds more positive.

high placed source my sphincter.

to be fair... if we're going to be highly sceptical about negative 'reports' then we should probably be just as sceptical about anything that sounds more positive.

Exactly this.

Would love just a wee bit info from Hearts as to what exactly is going on. Unfortunately they're treating the fans the same as they are the media.

Where was this article taken from? Hopefully this is true.

It would be a shame if players resented Zal for a flimsy reason like that. Would it be wise for his to be captain, or even playing if this 'split' is true? I'm sure some JKBers would be delighted with that :ninja:::troll:::'>

The Record Sport comment would lead me to believe its taken from the Daily Ranger website.

This will have the same outcome as Gordon pressley and Hartley. I'll put money on it!

I doubt it. This gives a more positive reflection of the board.

There seems to have a wee bit more substance to it, rather than the 'high placed source' or the 'un-named player'.

Exactly this.

Would love just a wee bit info from Hearts as to what exactly is going on. Unfortunately they're treating the fans the same as they are the media.

i suppose the club could come out with some sort of all-encompassing, placating statement. but no matter what was said... a great many people wouldn't believe a word anyway.

it could also be that everyone is scared witless to sanction any sort of statement.

This will have the same outcome as Gordon pressley and Hartley. I'll put money on it!

I'd be surprised if that happened. Its not like they've gone public and criticised the club.

Son Of Anarchy

Exactly. Id like to know where its from also but its far too easy to suddenly believe an article with some good in it.Fingers crossed.

Blackies tick bill must be through the roof !! :whistling:

He's got a new house window to pay for as some wee kid put a ball through it the other week.

portobellojambo1

Blackies tick bill must be through the roof !! :whistling:

At least he has dodged a bullet in the back of the head, he will be able to scuttle off and settle up now.

Key for me in all that is that the HMRC debt that was supposedly only just averted us being liquidated this week was in fact paid on the 16th August.

That's three months ago! Are you reading this BBC/Sun/Hobos .... verymad.gif

Archived