So How Will Vlad be Remembered ?

Sydney from Sydney

Sydney from Sydney

When Vlad finally leaves Hearts, whether he finds a buyer for the club or leaves us stoney broke, how do you think he'll be remembered ?

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

the man who tried to keep us at tynie

[/quote

...an extra few years whilst running up considerably higher debts during his tenure?

As someone who tried to stand up to the OF and SFA.

Whether he succeeds or fails is yet to be seen.

At least he had the balls though.

But id much rather live through the roller-coaster of taking on the fight, than cowering in the corner and saying 'yes sir'.

southside1874

But id much rather live through the roller-coaster of taking on the fight, than cowering in the corner and saying 'yes sir'.

Thats my take on it. The owner with steel balls. He has certainly taken a lot of folk out of their comfort zone.

Drylaw Hearts

VR did no more than a bit of pavement dancing.

Radioactive Mince

Thats my take on it. The owner with steel balls. He has certainly taken a lot of folk out of their comfort zone.

Not least the Hearts support.

Still, at least the latest chaos at our club has enabled me to ascertain who the Kickback posters worth reading are.

I, personally, will remember an era of gross incompetence, insanity and missed opportunity.

VR did no more than a bit of pavement dancing.

True - he also had nothing to do with bringing the likes of Skacel, Janny, Fyssas et al to the club, winning the cup and getting us into Europe.

Drylaw Hearts

True - he also had nothing to do with bringing the likes of Skacel, Janny, Fyssas et al to the club, winning the cup and getting us into Europe.

Sorry Dr B...

I misinterpreted what you were referring to when you said "As someone who tried to stand up to the OF and SFA"

Drylaw Hearts

Scott Wilson belting out this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A3zetSuYRg

While 15,000 Hearts fans sang his name as loud as they could.

Glorious.

And that Harry Potter wand he bought for 10k.

It's been so long since that was belted out I honestly don't remember when it was. At a guess I'd say 2007.

:sob:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

It's been so long since that was belted out I honestly don't remember when it was. At a guess I'd say 2007.

It is on every night in the Partridge residence as I sit on my paper mache replica Romanov cow.

:verysmug:

????? ???????, ??? ? ????, ???!

Drylaw Hearts

It is on every night in the Partridge residence as I sit on my paper mache replica Romanov cow.

:verysmug:

But what about the place where it REALLY matters AP ?

tynecastle5.jpg

One man and his fake cow just doesn't compare.

southside1874

Still, at least the latest chaos at our club has enabled me to ascertain who the Kickback posters worth reading are.

I, personally, will remember an era of gross incompetence, insanity and missed opportunity.

And your favourite owner from the past is?? I understand why folk can't be bothered with Vlad but I think he has passion and is certainly outspoken. He doesn't accept what happens because thats the way it is. Even with missed opportunity? I would rather have the opportunity to miss than have nothing at all. Scottish footballing set up is insanity and goes backwards so anyone with sense would not challenge it, thus giving our need for the mad one to spend his time challenging the nonsense that exists to benefit the weegie sisters.

Will always remember him for being a complete and utter ******, my late father vowed never to go back whilst Vlad was still there. Unfortunately he never got the chance to go back. That man has ripped the heart and soul out of that team that I love so dearly.

When Vlad finally leaves Hearts, whether he finds a buyer for the club or leaves us stoney broke, how do you think he'll be remembered ?

As a prize dickhead!

And your favourite owner from the past is??

A. Wallace Mercer for me!

Legend of a man, may he forever rest in peace.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I think it's debatable whether or not he stood up to the OF

Our record against them since he came is:

P52 W12 D10 L30

Be interesting to see if that's much better than teams like Hibs or Dundee Utd. I doubt it's better enough to earn him the accolade of "standing up" to them.

He's taken in transfer fees:

Free for Pressley

1mil for Hartley

1.5mil for Wallace

But in the ten years or so before he came we had received:

1.3mil for McPherson

350k for McKinlay

2mil for McLaren (1.25 + McPherson)

2mil for McCann

We ultimately lost Johnston, Ritchie and Weir to them but there wasn't much the owners then could have done about that.

quincy adams wagstaff

as the man who sacked burley when we had the best chance of winning the title for years,i will never understand or forgive him

The man who ripped the Heart and soul out of Heart and soul of edinburgh HIBS still are Edinburghs rubbish Edinburgh City step up Latapy

southside1874

A. Wallace Mercer for me!

Legend of a man, may he forever rest in peace.

A legend of a man who could have actually and did challenge the weegies but was sold down the river and focused on Hibs when he should have kept going. I reckon if he never focused on taking over Hibs and bringing to their attention just how bad things at Easter Road had become. I think he done Hibs a massive favour by bringing to their attention just how bad things got. Never stood up to the weegies really and was in bed with Murray. The only time I've seen so many grown men cry at a football match, total numbness. Talk about missed opportunities and being forced to play a game with a flu riddled squad.

Wallace was as good as Vlad when it came to controversy. He also took us on a rollercoaster that we will never forget. He also had folk laughing at us when it hurt, I don't get that bit from Vlad yet but I have no doubt it will come. I like Vlad because he doesn't seem to accept Hibs exist or never even mentions them.

Supporting Hearts has always been a rollercoaster and will more than likely continue that way. Its just my take on it and it maybe right or wrong but Vlad gets bad press for challenging the cosy status quo. He has stood up to it very well but the media IMO are now trying to get Jambos to turn against the man so he will leave. Maybe they'll succeed. I hope not. That guy has expended a lot of time, energy and expense trying to work out WTF the footballing fraternity in this country is all about. He has put himself up and out to question the mentality and mindset and IMO is just about to show them for what they are. So they can't get to Romanov and they now try to get to the fans. Everything the guy does is reported in a bad light and is designed to make Hearts fans feel uncomfortable. Celtic are in crisis at the moment with their points total and Rangers are facing major problems. If this was investigated and reported on it would result in Hearts being not to bad. The nonsense about refs decisions not having a bearing on a game? These guys are professionals and know what to do. Hibs under Yogi had all the calls for the first half of the season and where up there. After December they got nothing and went to pot. Lennon went mental last year because he know how it can effect the outcome of a game.

What happened with that dream team and Burley? Do you honestly believe Vlad broke that up? Do you think a guy capable of bringing together a successful team would be capable of destroying this? Refs where incapable of influencing things because of the play and belief. They can't get to Vlad but they got to the players. Vlad has ring fenced the players and doesn't have players with old firm tendencies. Now they try and get to the fans! Why don't I see a media article looking at what Vlad says and asking why he says what he says? Always dismissed as another mad rant.

These same folk who will try and get an interview with a Hearts player knowing it will get him the sack and who will tap the phones of folk can challenge the integrity of anyone is unbelievable!

Charlie-Brown

As the man who spent more on our club than all the previous owners combined, who certainly divided opinions, but ultimately it will depend on the circumstances when he leaves us , LBJ is right - his last impressions might be the most lasting depending on how things pan out at that time.

Radioactive Mince

And your favourite owner from the past is?? I understand why folk can't be bothered with Vlad but I think he has passion and is certainly outspoken. He doesn't accept what happens because thats the way it is. Even with missed opportunity? I would rather have the opportunity to miss than have nothing at all. Scottish footballing set up is insanity and goes backwards so anyone with sense would not challenge it, thus giving our need for the mad one to spend his time challenging the nonsense that exists to benefit the weegie sisters.

You know how I mentioned posters worth reading? Here's a clue: You're not one.

I only had to read your first sentence to realise this. I didn't bother with the rest of it.

Unfortunately he made many mistakes (and Burley's sacking wasn't one of them). GB has won bugger all in a 20 odd year management career.

- he gave us 6 years' breathing space

- saved us from the ignominy of being closed down because of the old stand's H & S isues.

- gave us a SC cup win and 2nd in the league

- saved us from M/field and the embarrassment of going bust

- gave us a lot of hope, which is all we older HMFC fans have been used to over decades.

- has put in millions into the club, although with hindsight it has turned out to be wasted

As I say all has not been sweetness and light but we are still breathing and still hoping, so who knows.

southside1874

You know how I mentioned posters worth reading? Here's a clue: You're not one.

I only had to read your first sentence to realise this. I didn't bother with the rest of it.

Sorry about that gadjo. I think everyone has a voice and their opinions count. It helps me make a more informed opinion when I read theirs because you know what? I dont think I have all or any of the answers and listening to others is what I base my opinion on. I'm glad I take you out your comfort zone with that attitudethumbsup.gif

kennyblack'sshot

This. I can put up the incompetence and insanity (there's a lot of both around Scottish football) but it's the missed opportunity of 2005-2007 that gets me. We could realistically have won the league in 2005/06 and, going in to the second leg 2-1 down to AEK Athens, we were just one game away from the CL group stages in 2006.

Losing the league in 86 and going close against Bayern in the UEFA Cup quarters were huge disappointments but I always felt we were punching above our weight. We could have won the league with Romanov's backing that year and we could have progressed in Europe. Instead we went backwards after that.

Ah well...

southside1874

This. I can put up the incompetence and insanity (there's a lot of both around Scottish football) but it's the missed opportunity of 2005-2007 that gets me. We could realistically have won the league in 2005/06 and, going in to the second leg 2-1 down to AEK Athens, we were just one game away from the CL group stages in 2006.

Losing the league in 86 and going close against Bayern in the UEFA Cup quarters were huge disappointments but I always felt we were punching above our weight. We could have won the league with Romanov's backing that year and we could have progressed in Europe. Instead we went backwards after that.

Ah well...

You just don't get it mate. Hearts are some sort of medium in your life to make you feel better but I read the sun newspaper and get the feeling that someone should have smaller breasts and Hearts fans are stupid because Romanov has large breasts??

pettigrewsstylist

I think it's debatable whether or not he stood up to the OF

Our record against them since he came is:

P52 W12 D10 L30

Be interesting to see if that's much better than teams like Hibs or Dundee Utd. I doubt it's better enough to earn him the accolade of "standing up" to them.

He's taken in transfer fees:

Free for Pressley

1mil for Hartley

1.5mil for Wallace

But in the ten years or so before he came we had received:

1.3mil for McPherson

350k for McKinlay

2mil for McLaren (1.25 + McPherson)

2mil for McCann

We ultimately lost Johnston, Ritchie and Weir to them but there wasn't much the owners then could have done about that.

Where are Bednar and Gordon to name only a couple more????????

Sydney from Sydney

Unfortunately he made many mistakes (and Burley's sacking wasn't one of them). GB has won bugger all in a 20 odd year management career.

- he gave us 6 years' breathing space

- saved us from the ignominy of being closed down because of the old stand's H & S isues.

- gave us a SC cup win and 2nd in the league

- saved us from M/field and the embarrassment of going bust

- gave us a lot of hope, which is all we older HMFC fans have been used to over decades.

- has put in millions into the club, although with hindsight it has turned out to be wasted

As I say all has not been sweetness and light but we are still breathing and still hoping, so who knows.

Well said Al but I disagree with the Burley sacking. Romanov is now at the stage where he has little room for movement. I think he'll do the dirty on us, and I won't hold many fond memories of him. The Burley "weeks" was a golden period, and Romanov threw his toys out of the pram which shocked and disappointed many fans. I think he'll be remembered as a crackpot and a disappointment.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Too early to say.

Hopefully, his legacy will not allow his son to inherit the club.

Archived