I was asked a question today

thirdyboy1976

thirdyboy1976

A Hobo I work with asked me..."would you swap Hearts current situation to be in the same position as Dundee Utd, Hibs, or Aberdeen?"

He was meaning, would we rather be in this position with Vlad but with a team that has the chance of beating anyone on their day or being down near the bottom of the league, with rubbish squads, awful managers, no chance of winning anything & little finance but without the Vlad show & worry over wages & unpaid bills & debt? He didn't mean to become a supporter of these clubs but simply swap Hearts situation with theirs.

There's a part of me that says yeah...if I'm being honest.

Templeton'sUnderpants

A Hobo I work with asked me..."would you swap Hearts current situation to be in the same position as Dundee Utd, Hibs, or Aberdeen?"

He was meaning, would we rather be in this position with Vlad but with a team that has the chance of beating anyone on their day or being down near the bottom of the league, with rubbish squads, awful managers, no chance of winning anything & little finance but without the Vlad show & worry over wages & unpaid bills & debt? He didn't mean to become a supporter of these clubs but simply swap Hearts situation with theirs.

Aberdeen have no troubles with debt? That's a new one.

no.

No, i love this turmoil.

I mean - the GLORY of finishing the THIRD best team in the SPL is amazing.

:cornette:

Geoff Kilpatrick

No, i love this turmoil.

I mean - the GLORY of finishing the THIRD best team in the SPL is amazing.

:cornette:

Actually, the turmoil makes us far more interesting.

I'd love to be like St Johnstone, who just kind of exist. :rolleyes:

Ask him how he feels every time his shan club take a doing from their dominant neighbours.

Then try to imagine what its been like to be a vermin over the last thirty or so years.

Absolutely no chance.

Shit club, shit fans, shit history.

Gregory House M.D.

No, because all three are riddled with debt

HTH.

The Treasurer

The clubs mentioned are in pretty bad shape financially as wel,l with liitle prospect of that improving.

On the field, with the possible exception of Utd they are much worse with no prospect of improving.

So no thanks.

Had he said the Huns (ie. in deep dung financially but well clear at the top of the league) then it might be a different story

Just to avoid any doubt :

This does NOT mean I want to be like the huns in any way other than their league position

atleast st johnstone have relegation/promotion battles, imagine being an aberdeen fan. the biggest thrill in their existance would be to shift from malaise to mediocrity.

Ah but you see, a club like us has the potential to do well AND not be run like a circus.

:thumbsup:

Francis Albert

Hibs debt is already close to their annual turnover and probably exceeds the value of their assets, and it is rising as crowds shrink. Once you're in that position and have no hope of trading out of that position, you are reliant on some sugar daddy. Maybe STF will bail the mo out. Maybe not.

I think we are all in the same boat. Just that Vlad has been willing to keep putting money in.

Something needs to change in the SPL.

Take a look at Hibs, Farmer puts no cash in any longer.. no point.. they try to run the club to a profit and fans walk away due to lack of profit and the club gets more debt.

There is no hope in the SPL, no reason to invest. SFA need to step in make make big changes.

Look at all the changes in F1 over the last few years, Berrnie has made it a sport worth investing in. F1 is still big business with an over flowing race calendar and new teams wanting to come to the sport.

Ive always rather like the idea of being Brechin City if Im being honest. I think its the hedge.

I hate Brechin City. Call that a City? Brechin Village more like!

Elgin can piss right off as well

Archived