Was Vlads rant down to this ?

Barney Rubble

the main stand at Tynecastle could still be developed if the people with the right attitude & determination want it done.

VR just doesnt want to hand over millions to a council that epically failed to build a simple tram line from one end of the city to the other

IMO I think he has just lost interest in us altogether and this might be the straw that broke the camels back!

he does talk some sense in his interview by saying scottish footbal is run by media.GFA etc,

we have took somebatterings over the years with the press/ sfa/refs/linesmen etc and while I dont want to go down the paranoia line it gets harder all the time the way we are being treated by officialdom. :blink:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

IMO I think he has just lost interest in us altogether and this might be the straw that broke the camels back!

he does talk some sense in his interview by saying scottish footbal is run by media.GFA etc,

we have took somebatterings over the years with the press/ sfa/refs/linesmen etc and while I dont want to go down the paranoia line it gets harder all the time the way we are being treated by officialdom. :blink:

It's a pity Vlad couldnt communicate his concerns without the insults. What he states is the bitter truth regarding our game as a whole, but the barbed comments invites a derisory response from those who are responsible but nevertheless have the power.

I now fear for the club, we are heading into a critical phase, whilst simulataneously plunging into yet another cycle of bitterness and antipathy.

Saturday was of our own doing, but the dark nature of the League Cup defeat and aftermath is far more important. Tomorrows afternoons events in Glasgow should be seen as no less important than what occurred at Tannadice last year, but I fear now, they have or will become besmudged by other episodes that have occurred since.

Hackney Hearts

IMO I think he has just lost interest in us altogether

So why's he getting so worked up about a couple of debatable decisions in a run-of-the-mill game against Kilmarnock?

It's a pity Vlad couldnt communicate his concerns without the insults. What he states is the bitter truth regarding our game as a whole, but the barbed comments invites a derisory response from those who are responsible but nevertheless have the power.

I now fear for the club, we are heading into a critical phase, whilst simulataneously plunging into yet another cycle of bitterness and antipathy.

Saturday was of our own doing, but the dark nature of the League Cup defeat and aftermath is far more important. Tomorrows afternoons events in Glasgow should be seen as no less important than what occurred at Tannadice last year, but I fear now, they have or will become besmudged by other episodes that have occurred since.

correct that incident there and PS asking for the truth from Brines are both equal, Dougie McDonald got sacked and Celtic won that argument hands down!!

however I think we all know what the outcome off tomorrows meeting will be Brines praised to the hilt and PS fined banished to the stand for some time then back in front of the beaks for more punishment after saturday!!

As I said previously it's hard not to get paranoid over this!! dry.gif

Thunderstruck

correct that incident there and PS asking for the truth from Brines are both equal, Dougie McDonald got sacked and Celtic won that argument hands down!!

however I think we all know what the outcome off tomorrows meeting will be Brines praised to the hilt and PS fined banished to the stand for some time then back in front of the beaks for more punishment after saturday!!

As I said previously it's hard not to get paranoid over this!! dry.gif

Paranoia is a DELUSION of persecution. Truth or actuality can count against such a diagnosis.

Francis Albert

Predictable. It never seemed a runner to me. The day the Council does anything (other than a civic reception after a cup win) for either Edinburgh club, pigs will fly.

Puzzled as to why Sighthill is dismissed because people might want to park around there. Can't see it being more difficult than parking in Gorgie.

Charlie-Brown

Predictable. It never seemed a runner to me. The day the Council does anything (other than a civic reception after a cup win) for either Edinburgh club, pigs will fly.

Puzzled as to why Sighthill is dismissed because people might want to park around there. Can't see it being more difficult than parking in Gorgie.

FA surely you should know by now that most of the time when a councillor or politician says ABC can't happen because of XYZ it's a rhetorical excuse or reason ie a simple pronouncement ... you aren't supposed to examine them or hold them up to close scrutiny or factual accuracy.

Francis Albert

FA surely you should know by now that most of the time when a councillor or politician says ABC can't happen because of XYZ it's a rhetorical excuse or reason ie a simple pronouncement ... you aren't supposed to examine them or hold them up to close scrutiny or factual accuracy.

Silly me.

portobellojambo1

With all due respect CB could the above statement not also be aimed at many businessmen, including our own Mr Romanov. Most people who hold any sort of power at the very top make statements which suit their own agenda, but in the overall scheme of things turn out to be nonsensical on many occasions. Such people have a tendency to say what suits them on any given day.

gorgiefaithful

If Hearts were the ONLY team in Edinburgh we would not be having this problem.

There are other teams in Edinburgh?

Charlie-Brown

With all due respect CB could the above statement not also be aimed at many businessmen, including our own Mr Romanov. Most people who hold any sort of power at the very top make statements which suit their own agenda, but in the overall scheme of things turn out to be nonsensical on many occasions. Such people have a tendency to say what suits them on any given day.

Possibly very true PJ1 it's just that politicians generally get much more air-time and media exposure and have more excuses to make.

portobellojambo1

Possibly very true PJ1 it's just that politicians generally get much more air-time and media exposure and have more excuses to make.

True.

Francis Albert

Just a couple of other points. I never for one moment expected that the Council would contribute a penny towards a new stadium for Hearts, but having agreed to the joint survey why does Buchanan have to sound quite so dismissive. Why not at least "we can't commit council funds but we will do what we can to support any reasonable plans Hearts put forward". Haringay Council in London are bending over backwards, including easing the way for planning consents, in an effort to keep Tottenham in their borough, whereas you get the impression the Council would he quite happy if Hearts buggered off to West Lothian.

And as for "we won't invest in facilities for the benefit of half the city" - he's got to be joking. What proportion of the city will benefit from the trams (which of course the Council wanted Hearts to contribute to financially)? Does even one tenth of the population live or work near the route of the tram line?

No wonder Vlad gets frustrated.

(And sorry CB Ii realise I have again been naive in treating a politicians words as something capable of rational analysis)

Just a couple of other points. I never for one moment expected that the Council would contribute a penny towards a new stadium for Hearts, but having agreed to the joint survey why does Buchanan have to sound quite so dismissive. Why not at least "we can't commit council funds but we will do what we can to support any reasonable plans Hearts put forward". Haringay Council in London are bending over backwards, including easing the way for planning consents, in an effort to keep Tottenham in their borough, whereas you get the impression the Council would he quite happy if Hearts buggered off to West Lothian.

And as for "we won't invest in facilities for the benefit of half the city" - he's got to be joking. What proportion of the city will benefit from the trams (which of course the Council wanted Hearts to contribute to financially)? Does even one tenth of the population live or work near the route of the tram line?

No wonder Vlad gets frustrated.

(And sorry CB Ii realise I have again been naive in treating a politicians words as something capable of rational analysis)

Agree to some extent. But the calibre of politicians in Edinburgh is something approaching sixth or seventh rate. Of course 'half the city' wouldn't benefit anyway!

Buchanan could have said that they had looked at the structure/funding of sports services in Edinburgh and that funding a new stadium is not appropriate in that regard. Or that there are rules governing the support for private companies. Or even that there would be concerns about inviting companies in financial distress such as Hearts or even the SRU in as tenants. Or as you say that they will try to work with Hearts (as they obviously did on the Tynecastle School deal) in future.

That said I am delighted that it has fallen through already.

kingantti1874

I never believed the council would contribute either, not at free the tram fiasco - how could they... However what this clown councillor needs to realise is hearts constitute more than half of the city - so **** us around at your peril.

Thunderstruck

Perhaps the Edinburgh Councillors should treat themselves to a day out in Glasgow to see just how far behind the city has fallen in terms of proper sporting facilities.

As mentioned in another context, a quarter of a million people turned out to see the Cup paraded to Gorgie. A sizeable proportion of these people will be able to vote on 3rd May 2012 so standing in the way of Hearts in terms of development might not be the most politically astute course of action as this point in time if these Councillors are looking to another term in office.

Agree to some extent. But the calibre of politicians in Edinburgh is something approaching sixth or seventh rate. Of course 'half the city' wouldn't benefit anyway!

Buchanan could have said that they had looked at the structure/funding of sports services in Edinburgh and that funding a new stadium is not appropriate in that regard. Or that there are rules governing the support for private companies. Or even that there would be concerns about inviting companies in financial distress such as Hearts or even the SRU in as tenants. Or as you say that they will try to work with Hearts (as they obviously did on the Tynecastle School deal) in future.

That said I am delighted that it has fallen through already.

I think that rating is a tad generous

Sydney from Sydney

So why's he getting so worked up about a couple of debatable decisions in a run-of-the-mill game against Kilmarnock?

I think it's only a matter of time before he pulls the plug on us. When that day comes we'll hear rant after rant about it not being his fault etc etc. Let's hope it's sooner rather than later.

Archived