Under 19s - Inverness away today

Ross21

Wasn't there myself, but FF tells me they won 2-0, Smith & McKay scorers

Could & shouldve been alot more

Good stuff :thumbsup:

Footballfirst

It was a decent performance and the 2nd half was an improvement on how they have played over the last few weeks. The game was played at Dingwall in sunshine on a decent pitch, but in a strong crosswind that didn't help matters The first half was full of hard endeavour on the part of both teams, working hard to close down spaces. There were few chances in the first period, with a header from Callum Paterson and one from ICT both missing the target when both should have done better. Kevin McHattie had a goal bound shot block by a defender and Jason Holt came close to the goal of the season with a mazy run past 4 or 5 defenders before he was eventually crowded out. When it seemed that the half would end goalless, Callum Paterson took a quick throw in on the left to Dave Smith who spun clear of a defender and fired an early shot from 25 yards low into the net. The keeper might have done better as the shot went in by his near post.

Hearts completely dominated the second half with Callum Paterson, Billy King, Dave Smith, Kevin McHattie and Jamie Walker all missing good chances, before Hearts eventually got a 2nd in the 86th minute. A Fraser Mullen corner on the left was headed into the top corner by Brad McKay. Sam Nicholson could have added another in the last minute, but the keeper saved well. Jack Hamilton didn't have a save or even a cross to deal with in the whole 90 minutes.

Good result that keeps us clear of the pack. Best performaces were from the two centre backs who let nothing passed them and as ever Jason Holt running the midfield.

Darren Murray hopes to have Chris Tobin back fit again for Saturday.

Hearts lineup

Hamilton

Mullen, Kane, McKay McHattie

Stewart (Nicholson), Smith Tapping (Scott) Holt Paterson

King (Walker)

It was a decent performance and the 2nd half was an improvement on how they have played over the last few weeks. The game was played at Dingwall in sunshine on a decent pitch, but in a strong crosswind that didn't help matters The first half was full of hard endeavour on the part of both teams, working hard to close down spaces. There were few chances in the first period, with a header from Callum Paterson and one from ICT both missing the target when both should have done better. Kevin McHattie had a goal bound shot block by a defender and Jason Holt came close to the goal of the season with a mazy run past 4 or 5 defenders before he was eventually crowded out. When it seemed that the half would end goalless, Callum Paterson took a quick throw in on the left to Dave Smith who spun clear of a defender and fired an early shot from 25 yards low into the net. The keeper might have done better as the shot went in by his near post.

Hearts completely dominated the second half with Callum Paterson, Billy King, Dave Smith, Kevin McHattie and Jamie Walker all missing good chances, before Hearts eventually got a 2nd in the 86th minute. A Fraser Mullen corner on the left was headed into the top corner by Brad McKay. Sam Nicholson could have added another in the last minute, but the keeper saved well. Jack Hamilton didn't have a save or even a cross to deal with in the whole 90 minutes.

Good result that keeps us clear of the pack. Best performaces were from the two centre backs who let nothing passed them and as ever Jason Holt running the midfield.

Darren Murray hopes to have Chris Tobin back fit again for Saturday.

Hearts lineup

Hamilton

Mullen, Kane, McKay McHattie

Stewart (Nicholson), Smith Tapping (Scott) Holt Paterson

King (Walker)

Link for the League table please :thumbsup:

jamboinglasgow

I have just realised that the under 19s are now half way through the season having played all 11 other teams in the league. Here are some stats:

- Out of 11 games we have won 9 and lost 2 (Celtic and St Johnstone) and winning ratio of 82%.

- We have scored 23 goals (a rate of 2.09 goals a game) and conceded 12 goals (a rate of 1.09 goals a game.)

- Out of the 11 games we have had 5 clean sheets (3 of which have come in the last 3 games.)

- We have had 7 home games and 4 aways games in this 11. We are undefeated away from home, so lost 2 of our 7 home games.

- We have not won by more then 2 goals, but a 2 goal winning margin has happened in 5 of our 9 wins. Both times we have lost, there has only been 1 goal in it.

- Our two joint top scorers are Calum Patterson and Billy King who have both scored 6 goals, the next top scorers are Kevin McHattie, David Smith and Brad McKay, all who have scored 2 goals.

Fantastic to see Hearts storming clear at the top of the league. The future for Hearts looks bright.

Great to see our young lads winning.

Hope the kids are working hard because they may be needed sooner than we think. :ninja:

jamboinglasgow

Your absolutely pathetic

applause1ag9.gif

Well said. A thread where the Under 19s win and all he can do is come on and have a go at other posters.

Excellent.

Rangers this weekend. Bring it!

[/quote

Will probably take the wee man along,anyone know what time is ko ?

fabienleclerq

Dougie dont you go doubting the Under 19s lovebirds now!

Ergh?

I for one appreciate the updates from the boys who watch the younger team rather than just seeing the scores.

Keep it up.

Dougie dont you go doubting the Under 19s lovebirds now!

Off topic but as we're pushing in on the season I thought I'd share.

Out of all of Santa's reindeer, I like Dasher, Dancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and RUDI.

I don't like Prancer.

On topic: great for the 19s to be doing so well. I hope they're enjoying their football and enjoy long, league and cup winning, careers with HMFC.

For the hundredth time i aint Prancer

Whats the point of a decent under 19 team when under the current regime any decent ones will (if lucky) find themselves out on loan next season or at worst making up the numbers on bench once every 10 weeks.

Jason Holt the lovebirds and i would surely agree is the jewel in the crown and yet is never given a chance, he has changed agents is looking for a decent deal no doubt but if i was him i would be demanding a game, maybe he is but it aint happening.

I have probably been watching the Under 19s/17s for about 5 years -you Ross how long? i would say 2 seasons at best, as for your comments about the mad one hope they were tongue in cheek.

Go back over the last few years, since the last milk cup tournie we participated in (yes i watched Hearts play in that a few times) only Thommo broke through to the first team last season, nobody else.

For the hundredth time i aint Prancer

Whats the point of a decent under 19 team when under the current regime any decent ones will (if lucky) find themselves out on loan next season or at worst making up the numbers on bench once every 10 weeks.

Jason Holt the lovebirds and i would surely agree is the jewel in the crown and yet is never given a chance, he has changed agents is looking for a decent deal no doubt but if i was him i would be demanding a game, maybe he is but it aint happening.

I have probably been watching the Under 19s/17s for about 5 years -you Ross how long? i would say 2 seasons at best, as for your comments about the mad one hope they were tongue in cheek.

Go back over the last few years, since the last milk cup tournie we participated in (yes i watched Hearts play in that a few times) only Thommo broke through to the first team last season, nobody else.

My sentiments are with u on this topic the young lads dont get a look in thats imo until they grow a beard or something.

If you take alook at the 19s player of the year and top goal scorer last year where has he gone(Prychenko)? Yep youve guest it on the waiting list for bench duty,and Holt was he not crowned spl young player of the year he is not going to remain 19 for ever.Its high time Sergio and Locke made things happen for these guys otherwise they will just move on to wherever.

If you take alook at the 19s player of the year and top goal scorer last year where has he gone(Prychenko)? Yep youve guest it on the waiting list for bench duty,and Holt was he not crowned spl young player of the year he is not going to remain 19 for ever.Its high time Sergio and Locke made things happen for these guys otherwise they will just move on to wherever.

It might be with the wages fiasco the 19's players are the first team. Maybe not such a bad thing, if they can keep improving as a TEAM. After all, thats how the majority of the current Barca team evolved.

Over to the Lovebirds.

Were you released by Hearts? I can't think of any other reason for you to keep posting like this.

Over to the Lovebirds.

I agree that Holt for example should be given a run, but bear in mind Robinson was ahead of him in the queue and can't get a run in the team.

There is nothing better than seeing a young lad making the breakthrough, more especially when we have some dross in front of them at the moment.

But be a good lad and lay off our Yoof Reporters!

Over to the Lovebirds.

Prancer, you're as bitter as ever wee man... :P It's good to see you're still posting the same shit chat on here. :thumbsup:

jamboinglasgow

Over to the Lovebirds.

Ok, how about you grow up first, that might help.

Anyway I agree there has been a poor progression from under 19s since the last milk cup till now, though funnily enough the last time Hearts were in the milk cup was at the start of the 2008/9 season, the last season when there was a SPL reserve league. I dont think thats a coincidence, Thomson (ignoring the obvious thing) was good enough for the first team at the age of 18, Csaba took a chance on him though I did think at the time that was more to do with Vlad complaining about the lack of youth players in the team. He was given a chance and took it and despite some inconstant performances which you would expect from a young footballer he looked a real find (then blew it all due to stupidity.) When Serio gave Kevin McHattie a appearance from the bench I thought Sergio was going to use the youngsters more as they played the style of football he wanted. The lack of appearances from Robinson and Prychnenko has been disappointing (though it seems Denis has been on the edge of the match day squad for a while so it will be interesting to see with 1 central midfielder out, and another potentially moved to left back whether he will get his chance on the bench to make an appearance.) It could be that Sergio sees the youngsters will play a big part next season when he has the chance to remove quite a few players from the squad. Who knows, though I wish Hearts could have a season ticket Q&A with him like has happened before as I would like to hear more of his thoughts.

Footballfirst

Does Mc Hattie look like he could step in, if Sergio chooses to use him, for Grainger while hes banned?

At his best, no problem. Based on current form with the U19s questionable. However, of the current U19s he has spent more time training with the 1st team squad than any of the others.

As for McHattie would be surprised as a bit inconsistent but who knows, trains with first team as we only have 1 natural left back and am not convinced about him.

Another wee update regarding the 19's!

Aaron Murdoch who has been out injured with knee ligament damage was still getting pain and inflamtion when he was running, it was feared he might need another op but he was given cortisone injections last week as a last resort before surgery and the injections seem to have worked.

He is now able to run and turn on the knee without any pain and has started on double training sessions and hopes to return around xmas/new year.

Archived