US Snowstorms

Currahee!

Say What Again

Still October and 12 people already been killed by the snowstorms.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/041f5cda-03a1-11e1-bbc5-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1cMeiEfMM

I hope this isn't what were in for shortly. :down:

Your link's only available to subscribed members of FT site mate.

Here's the BBCs take http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15502380 and BBC 'in pictures' http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-15514508

alwaysthereinspirit

Weather for the next 10 days here in Mass. is mid 50's low 60's. Flooding it is then.

Lost a couple of big branches myself Saturday night. Leaves still on the trees kept more snow on them than normal.

Hopefully we have nothing like last winter.

Ribery's Face

one of my mates is just back fro 2 weeks in new york, he got back on friday! Very lucky too miss this!

Power out all over New Jersey over the weekend, so my good lady tells me. Though having been there last Xmas, I can also report that the phenomenon of the British public thinking we're uniquely useless at dealing with snow isn't a phenomenon at all. The locals in the US were scathing of how long it took to get things back up to speed there.

one of my mates is just back fro 2 weeks in new york, he got back on friday! Very lucky too miss this!

Indeed.

Last year, after being grounded for six days by the snow here, I flew to the US on Christmas Day - which was rather nice. On Boxing Day, New York promptly suffered its fourth heaviest snowfall in history. :o

I was incredibly lucky really. Then, on the way back, my return flight was almost grounded by another snowstorm, which messed everything up over the following few days. Though I wasn't alone in wondering whether my plane should've been in the air at all: the first half hour of the flight - plane buffeting and bouncing around all over the place - was as scary a journey as I've ever known tbh.

scottish_chicP

I'm really dreading winter :( Don't get me wrong I love snow if you are in the house (or pub :D ) and have nowhere to go. It's the chaos that ensues I hate down.gif

Where have you been all year, Taz? B)

I've spent a fair bit of it in a heroin fueled stupor.

But that's not important right now.

Nicholas Brody

I've spent a fair bit of it in a heroin fueled stupor.

But that's not important right now.

LIVING THE DREAM

Sebastian-Vettel_2527331.jpg

Flew through New Jersey today. A fair bit of snow on the ground but no delays or anything. Back to a cool 80 degrees in Houston...

Effiin hate snow with a passion

Effing hate the twats who drive on it when they don't know how to

Effing hate the chaos that ensues because of the said twats above

Couple of years ago I let a woman with 2 kids sit in the cab while we were stuck on the A3 going into London for 13 hours.

Nucky Thompson

The omens don't look too clever :(

How come, it's been one of the warmest Octobers since records began and really mild weather forecast for this week and we are now into November :)

How come, it's been one of the warmest Octobers since records began and really mild weather forecast for this week and we are now into November :)

The so called experts say we're meant to be getting winters like last years for the next 10 years apparently

The Old Tolbooth

The so called experts say we're meant to be getting winters like last years for the next 10 years apparently

That's why :D

Everybody loves Baz

Can't wait till the KB seethe, Council workers not being able to drag wheelie bins through 3ft snow drifts, Posties not getting the mail delivered before 7.30am, Buses not making it on time.

Love it thumbsup.gif

I'd be gutted if we had the same winter as last year, or worse! The omens don't look too clever :(

A snap from the johnmitchell baby album

playing%2Bin%2Bsnow_20110207_03.JPG

Everybody loves Baz

A snap from the johnmitchell baby album

playing%2Bin%2Bsnow_20110207_03.JPG

Too cute a child to have a Mitchell gene in it ,

Sorry Linda. ninja.gif

Craig Gordons Gloves

I was in New York over the weekend, while the snow doesn't really 'stick' in the city, it was heavy from around 9am til around 5pm - which sadly meant we had to spend most of the day in the pub. Unfortunately it also meant that pubs and clubs were alot quieter at night. It was all gone the next day when i flew back to Minnesota.

Would LOVE another winter like last years.

Defo hoping for more of the same. The more of this winter I can spend up a mountain the better :-)

Archived