How many set pieces did we waste today?

hearts_crazy

Tell you something, I have never seen a team have so many set pieces in and around an opponent's box and make nothing of any of them. How many corners and free kicks just outside the box did we have/ waste today? And i'm not even blaming Grainger and Hamill for this either, most deliveries were good, we just don't seem to have anyone with the guile to get in there and get the touch that is required.

Maybe if we played with a Striker or two it might help, although they tend to be shite in front of goal too.

Was it bad luck, bad finishing or a combination of both? It perplexes me, it really does. We should have had 3 or 4 today, 10 men or not, and it is actually a sick joke that Kilmarnock scored a goal.

For those that weren't there trust me the BBC sports editor will be VERY hard pushed to find anything other than the penalty to show for Kilmarnock's 'highlights'. I honestly feel like i've been mugged.

Can I also take this opportunity to thank Ian Black for costing us another game, well done, you ******* nob.

Thought that Webster's aggression at the set pieces was a big positive today - with a little luck he could have had a hat trick.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

The corners were odd.

Every player up for the corner was right on top of the keeper and then you had two at the edge of the box. If we had players running from deep and attacking the ball we would have had a much better chance of scoring. Instead the keeper either got to the ball or there was a scramble which resulted in them clearing.

Tell you something, I have never seen a team have so many set pieces in and around an opponent's box and make nothing of any of them. How many corners and free kicks just outside the box did we have/ waste today? And i'm not even blaming Grainger and Hamill for this either, most deliveries were good, we just don't seem to have anyone with the guile to get in there and get the touch that is required.

Maybe if we played with a Striker or two it might help, although they tend to be shite in front of goal too.

Was it bad luck, bad finishing or a combination of both? It perplexes me, it really does. We should have had 3 or 4 today, 10 men or not, and it is actually a sick joke that Kilmarnock scored a goal.

For those that weren't there trust me the BBC sports editor will be VERY hard pushed to find anything other than the penalty to show for Kilmarnock's 'highlights'. I honestly feel like i've been mugged.

Can I also take this opportunity to thank Ian Black for costing us another game, well done, you ******* nob.

There was a freekick or 2 that never got past the 1st man. Thats criminal.

But the rest of what you say is basically right. :thumbsup:

Aye, the longer training hours are working wonders eh? Hearts for a long time are no real threat at set pieces, i watch other SPL teams do quite well but us? No, same old routine, no wonder the opposition rarely seem concerned when we get an opportunity.

The corners were odd.

Every player up for the corner was right on top of the keeper and then you had two at the edge of the box. If we had players running from deep and attacking the ball we would have had a much better chance of scoring. Instead the keeper either got to the ball or there was a scramble which resulted in them clearing.

corners for hearts are never much to get excited about.......maybe 1 or 2 decent ones in season

Archived