UK Royal succession laws changed

High Roller

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15492607

Will this put a few noses out of joint or is it finally the "royals" getting dragged into the 21st century

If the royals were dragged into the 21st century then there would be no royals. However, as this is a democracy and if people want royals then I suppose they should have them, this legislative change doesn't go far enough imo. The Head of state should not be restricted on religious grounds. The old Head of CofE argument doesn't wash with me.

Geoff Kilpatrick

If the royals were dragged into the 21st century then there would be no royals. However, as this is a democracy and if people want royals then I suppose they should have them, this legislative change doesn't go far enough imo. The Head of state should not be restricted on religious grounds. The old Head of CofE argument doesn't wash with me.

Problem with changing the Act of Settlement though is that you are asking The Queen to break her coronation oath.

Problem with changing the Act of Settlement though is that you are asking The Queen to break her coronation oath.

Not really, as it doesn't have to take effect until she needs replacing. :)

Archived