Tynecastle/Gorgie

Do The Dance

If (has to be a big if) Hearts move from Tynecastle, what do you think will become of the area that is Tynecastle and Gorgie?

Will it crumble due to the amount of money that Hearts bring in on a match day? Or will it eventually flourish due to the move?

I think it may start to see the loss of a few of the old man's pub that we see lining the streets around any football stadium. However, could the lack of us scummy drunkards (more than including myself in this) wandering round the streets after a match singing Hearts songs, actually encourage people to move in/ or shops/businesses to move in.

Gorgie isn't a bad area, and with the house boom a few years ago, it saw a large intake of professional people starting up home there. I think it could be a nicer area due to it's location. It's a 5-10 minute walk from town. Could the centre expand out further into Gorgie, and would the movement of Hearts encourage this?

Maybe I'm talking pish, it was just something I thought about.

Living right next to Tynecastle, I severely ain't looking forward to a potential building site being right on my fricking doorstep I have to say.

I think it could potentially help my property value though which would be a bonus.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

We'll have to change some of the words in our songbook too. "It's down at Tynecastle they bide?" "Hello, hello, we are the Gorgie boys?"

Not anymore. :(

I'm about to have my tea but I'll give you the opinion of a shop owner & a pub landlord later.

Interesting viewpoints.

Still, Gorgie without Hearts? :sad:

I'm about to have my tea but I'll give you the opinion of a shop owner & a pub landlord later.

Interesting viewpoints.

What, you own a shop and a pub. :o Nice one ;)

Governor Tarkin

Interesting viewpoints.

So what was for tea? And was it accompanied by a carefully selected wine?

So what was for tea? And was it accompanied by a carefully selected wine?

more chance of hibs winning the Big Cup than us leaving Gorgie.

If (has to be a big if) Hearts move from Tynecastle, what do you think will become of the area that is Tynecastle and Gorgie?

Will it crumble due to the amount of money that Hearts bring in on a match day? Or will it eventually flourish due to the move?

I think it may start to see the loss of a few of the old man's pub that we see lining the streets around any football stadium. However, could the lack of us scummy drunkards (more than including myself in this) wandering round the streets after a match singing Hearts songs, actually encourage people to move in/ or shops/businesses to move in.

Gorgie isn't a bad area, and with the house boom a few years ago, it saw a large intake of professional people starting up home there. I think it could be a nicer area due to it's location. It's a 5-10 minute walk from town. Could the centre expand out further into Gorgie, and would the movement of Hearts encourage this?

Please expand...

I will have further to stagger home on a Saturday. Tho if we go to Sighthill wont be drinking in any pubs out that way... :woot:

portobellojambo1

I suppose the potential major impact would probably be pubs, however it is possible that many of the local pubs might be able to change to cater for those that live in the area. There are one or two that probably lack a regular client base because they have gained reputations as football pubs, which maybe prevents some people using them during the week. If they are unable to change, and have been depending on football punters once every two weeks for survival, chances are they will go to the wall.

Other than that I think maybe it is a little bit of a myth that all the businesses in the Gorgie/Dalry area depend on HMFC for survival. There is a bit of a mixed community in the area, to keep it going and other businesses may flourish if the area becomes less known for football.

Please expand...

Mainly through retail. Not by the club directly, but us as fans. Pubs/shops etc.

Apart from the pubs/chippy etc the local business community probably doesn't rely on us for too much of their revenue.

I've never lived in Gorgie but will certainly miss it if we ever leave.

THIS!!!

Especially the tynie arms, proper football boozer, love going there early on match day and looking at the old photies on the wall.

Pint, paper, hearts photies, robbo's boots, super wayne on the wall, match to look forward to, marvellous.

Archived