"Thirteen" Horror Story - The Magic

peter_hmfc

Don't know how but somehow I recently came across a cult horror story called The Magic, the first story (out of 113) in the first volume of the "Thirteen" series. Apparently it's the most terrifying horror story ever made, sometimes making people thrown up, break sweats, scream or cry and that a lot of people can't even read the whole thing, despite it being only 2 pages long.

Some people say they were terrified while others say it's simply a viral marketing ploy.

Now I'm interested to read it but the cheapest I can find is about ?8. Since I don't really care about reading the other 112 stories, ?8 for 2 pages seems a bit much.

:peepwall:

You apparently let the Devil into your home. **** dat shit. Buy it and read it please and then report back and tell us how sitting in shited underpants feels.

Don't know how but somehow I recently came across a cult horror story called The Magic, the first story (out of 113) in the first volume of the "Thirteen" series. Apparently it's the most terrifying horror story ever made, sometimes making people thrown up, break sweats, scream or cry and that a lot of people can't even read the whole thing, despite it being only 2 pages long.

Some people say they were terrified while others say it's simply a viral marketing ploy.

Now I'm interested to read it but the cheapest I can find is about ?8. Since I don't really care about reading the other 112 stories, ?8 for 2 pages seems a bit much.

http://www.lulu.com/ It's ?2 something here to download just type in thirteen volume one, report back your results.

I can only assume peter downloaded for ?2.....read it, and has been slain by the devil.

I never think of myself as superstitious, but I steer clear of things like this....so I guess I am, or maybe I'm just feared of the devil =S.

I can only assume peter downloaded for ?2.....read it, and has been slain by the devil.

I never think of myself as superstitious, but I steer clear of things like this....so I guess I am, or maybe I'm just feared of the devil =S.

Unfortunatley I haven't bought it so I haven't been brutally slaughtered by the devil. :(

It says ?7 on the Lulu site, which for 2 pages seems a bit much.

Don't think I'll cope well face to face with the devil when I'm already scared of a ?7 price.

Unfortunatley I haven't bought it so I haven't been brutally slaughtered by the devil. :(

It says ?7 on the Lulu site, which for 2 pages seems a bit much.

Don't think I'll cope well face to face with the devil when I'm already scared of a ?7 price.

Good to hear....I've not searched properly, has no-one typed it out and posted it somewhere?

You're right though, 2 pages for ?7 is bull......I can get 600 pages of Stephen King for under ?7.

Whoever wrote this pamphlet (basically what it is), has an awfy high opinion of themselves :ninja:

***SPOILER***

Its instructional. It tells you to do a rake of stuff and invite Satan into your home.

Anyone could write it. The scary part is going through a ritual to bring the devil in. You scare yourself. The 'book' itself is not scary.

Read it a couple of weeks ago.

It is an interesting concept.

You need to follow all of the instructions to get the full effect and I have to admit I couldn't do it.

Spooky, but not the most terrifying short story ever.

For me that accolade goes to one of two short stories written by Ray Bradbury called The Trapdoor amd The Thing at the top of the Stairs.

PS. If anyone wants a typed up version of The Magic drop me a PM. :thumbsup:

Read it a couple of weeks ago.

It is an interesting concept.

You need to follow all of the instructions to get the full effect and I have to admit I couldn't do it.

Spooky, but not the most terrifying short story ever.

For me that accolade goes to one of two short stories written by Ray Bradbury called The Trapdoor amd The Thing at the top of the Stairs.

PS. If anyone wants a typed up version of The Magic drop me a PM. :thumbsup:

PM should have been sent, I'm not entirely sure though because my outbox was full.

:thumbsup:

Archived