This was kept quiet!

iamcraigbeattie

Can't you put in a relevant topic title and include a bit of text what it is you are talking about ?

A CELTIC fan punched a steward at Tynecastle during a match between Celtic and Hearts - minutes after Jambo John Wilson tangled with Neil Lennon on the touchline.

Edinburgh Sheriff Court heard today how 19-year-old James Addison struck a steward as a ?large melee? broke out in the away stand.

So - John Wilson gets eight months and a five year banning order for breach of the peace.

This guy gets a fine, no time behind bars and no ban at all for actually punching a steward.

:what:

iamcraigbeattie

Can't you put in a relevant topic title and include a bit of text what it is you are talking about ?

Yes i could.

A CELTIC fan punched a steward at Tynecastle during a match between Celtic and Hearts - minutes after Jambo John Wilson tangled with Neil Lennon on the touchline.

Edinburgh Sheriff Court heard today how 19-year-old James Addison struck a steward as a ?large melee? broke out in the away stand.

The atmosphere had intensified during the crunch match in May after Wilson ran onto the pitch and approached the Celtic boss.

Addison, a plumber from Cumbernauld, was fined ?1000 after pleading guilty to the offence.

He claimed he was trying to help a friend who was being held by steward Graeme McKechnie as bedlam broke out among the Celtic support, who clashed with police.

Sheriff Kenneth MacIver did not hand down a football banning order, but added that the Glasgow club may take their own action.

I find this part hard to understand.

"Sheriff Kenneth MacIver did not hand down a football banning order"

Should be a given for punching a steward. mellow.gif

The Old Tolbooth

There was fighting that lasted a good few minutes in their end that night, and yet only one person threw a punch :rolleyes:

We really need to get our CCTV fixed :whistling:

I hope he enjoyed Celtic's most recent visit to Tynecastle.

gniog era yeht erehw kool ton od yeht esuaceb sdaeh rieht gnab dna

itsnomarooned

The atmosphere had intensified during the crunch match in May after Wilson ran onto the pitch and approached the Celtic boss.

Addison, a plumber from Cumbernauld, was fined ?1000 after pleading guilty to the offence.

He claimed he was trying to help a friend who was being held by steward Graeme McKechnie as bedlam broke out among the Celtic support, who clashed with police.

Sheriff Kenneth MacIver did not hand down a football banning order, but added that the Glasgow club may take their own action.

Or not. Unless of course it's to assist poor James in his action against the Steward who ruthlessly stuck the head in his fist.

To be fair most stewards are dicks

yeah but so is Neil Lennon and apparently its not right to * hit him

*(attempt to)

So - John Wilson gets eight months and a five year banning order for breach of the peace.

This guy gets a fine, no time behind bars and no ban at all for actually punching a steward.

That's the good old Scottish Justice System for you.

Best in the world so it is (or so they keep telling us).

Jambof3tornado

The bbc program on sectarianism a few months back showed celtic have banned 6 people in umpteen years,the rangers figure was much higher. Quite clearly celtic think they havent got a problem,and will not ban this idiot. Even if the stewards are arses at times they do not go to work to get punched.

Quite amazing that eejit wilson may now have grounds to take action given the difference in sentencing and banning order.

If you are famous in this country you are classed as 'more important', and therefore get preferential treatment in many areas, including the law. Neil Lennon is more important than the steward. Sad, but true.

Regal Kingston

If you are famous in this country you are classed as 'more important', and therefore get preferential treatment in many areas, including the law. Neil Lennon is more important than the steward. Sad, but true.

If that ******* idiot John Wilson hadn't went for Lennon this never would of happened.

This is why Wilson was jailed as his actions created a melee that indirectly got this steward punched.

I despise Celtic and like to take the moral highground but John ******* Wilson and Craig 'pervert' Thomson has ruined it for me.

RUINED it for me.

If that ******* idiot John Wilson hadn't went for Lennon this never would of happened.

This is why Wilson was jailed as his actions created a melee that indirectly got this steward punched.

I despise Celtic and like to take the moral highground but John ******* Wilson and Craig 'pervert' Thomson has ruined it for me.

RUINED it for me.

This incident was started after a celtic supporter threw and hit a hearts ball boy/girl with a coin and the stewards had gone in and got the vermin who done it. Source, a policeman who has read the official (police) match report

That's the good old Scottish Justice System for you.

Best in the world so it is (or so they keep telling us).

The same Scottish justice system that released abdelbassett Ali mohmed al megrahi under compassionate grounds as he had months to live back in 2009 and yet the man responsible for the greatest single loss of life in Scottish history is still alive & kicking back in Libya??

It's a pile of shite and wee Eck and the SNP are to blame!

RUINED it for me.

Ruined it for you?! Deary me...rolleyes.gif

RUINED it for me.

Wow....! :blink:

RUINED it for me.

I am pretty sure many Celtic fans are capable of this sort of thing no matter what happens elsewhere. I have had the misfortune of walking past them a number of times on their way to the game. Them and the other great unwashed from out West are the worst. I don't even think the Hobos are quite as skanky. And that is saying something.

Typical. Sends the message to their lot that if when they are away from home any Stewards try to calm anything down or do anything they don't like, violence is the way forward...

I would like to say the club would ban him, but knowing the way in which their travelling stewards work (or not...), chances are they didnt even report it back to the club...

Radioactive Mince

If it was 'specky Adolf' he hit, then I applaud the guy.

Seeing as it probably wasn't, then I am OUTRAGED.

Picked on me & Mrs again before Sunday's game. That's nearly two whole by-and-large rule abiding seasons this *****'s been getting a stiffy over me. I swear I'm going to cry one of these times.

If it was 'specky Adolf' he hit, then I applaud the guy.

Seeing as it probably wasn't, then I am OUTRAGED.

Picked on me & Mrs again before Sunday's game. That's nearly two whole by-and-large rule abiding seasons this *****'s been getting a stiffy over me. I swear I'm going to cry one of these times.

I'm sure his time will come....................

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

we await the tabloid outrage and the conspiracy theories that will no doubt follow this affront to justice :whistling:

I wonder if the Celtic supporting QC and general erse, Paul McBride will spount off about injustice and bias this time.

Perhaps if we can find out what school the steward went to, we could then get support from the Celtic-minded media and legal establishment. :whistling:

Would be interesting to get George Galloway's take on that....

gorgiefaithful

Absolute joke he's not been given a football banning order people get banned for lesser things. Celtic will let him away scot-free aswell. Mug.

Archived