What happened to the passing game.......

Clerry Jambo

But check out the move that led to Mrowiec's miss. If I remember correctly (and my memory is increasingly unreliable) it began with our central defence passing it about a bit. Of course, you'll not get that in the BBC highlights which are not edited in a way that reveals the pattern of play.

I imagine the change in style is partly the result of other teams expecting us to play that way, so marking our defenders, but at the same time meaning that the long ball is played into a less crowded midfield. Also, perhaps, an adaptation to suit playing against the Old Firm. It will be interesting to see how we play against Killie, since that is how they played (to great effect) last season.

It also shows that PS is adaptable. I'm still happy with the way things are going.

But check out the move that led to Mrowiec's miss. If I remember correctly (and my memory is increasingly unreliable) it began with our central defence passing it about a bit. Of course, you'll not get that in the BBC highlights which are not edited in a way that reveals the pattern of play.

I imagine the change in style is partly the result of other teams expecting us to play that way, so marking our defenders, but at the same time meaning that the long ball is played into a less crowded midfield. Also, perhaps, an adaptation to suit playing against the Old Firm. It will be interesting to see how we play against Killie, since that is how they played (to great effect) last season.

It also shows that PS is adaptable. I'm still happy with the way things are going.

Exactly, totally agree.

As you say nothing wrong in mixing it, Paulo will be learning all the time on how to play teams in the SPL

Always preferred a varied game anyway as long as our main focus and discipline is to still try and get the ball down when we can.

You sometimes can`t avoid going long or knocking it high..... But on the whole i thought we kept it down and tried to play and create chances.

I've quite enjoyed the style we played against both Celtic and Rangers. Chasing opponents down, much more urgency about the passing and not afraid to go long when appropriate. A bit like under JJ, except he used it in games against other teams as well. :whistling:

Archived