We can win this league

jambodan

Sure we have made a slow start but we normally do (remember 85-86), and it looks incresingly more like Rangers will be in administration within the next few weeks ( 30 points off), and Celtic are total gash now.

So I reckon if we continue the form we are on now that we could be champions come next May. :thumbsup:

Ive been in the boozer since 5pm by the way just home :teehee:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

10 points off only. But they would be forced to sell in January to pay creditors

I believe we can win the league every year......bit of blind faith in there but i don`t see another way of looking at things...

When can you judge if yer team is good enough? We did`nt expect a season like 1998 but it sprung from nowhere.......(didn`t win it but were very close)

but that`s Hearts, no rhyme or reason but always have the potential.

Our downfall is not the OF but trying to beat the lesser teams in the league :rolleyes:

Don`t know what yer smilie is meaning in this case? sarcasm or a big sigh? :D

Anyway, i don`t know if that is the problem? In 98 we hardly took a point off the OF in the league but ended just 7 points off the top. From memory we got a draw at both Weegie grounds and at least one at Tynie(jose`s late goal)...no league wins though

Fermit the Krog

We look like we're up for it in games against the Old Firm this season when that wasn't always the case.

Our problem is we also have St Johnstone away in our locker. There is also a lack of teams who can upset the OF regularly.

We CAN beat anyone on our day, our day will come several times this year but we won't win it unfortunately.

Maybe one day though. :thumbsup:

Sure we have made a slow start but we normally do (remember 85-86), and it looks incresingly more like Rangers will be in administration within the next few weeks ( 30 points off), and Celtic are total gash now.

So I reckon if we continue the form we are on now that we could be champions come next May. :thumbsup:

I take it you have not been watching us this season then..........?

Anyway, i don`t know if that is the problem? In 98 we hardly took a point off the OF in the league but ended just 7 points off the top. From memory we got a draw at both Weegie grounds and at least one at Tynie(jose`s late goal)...no league wins though

Aye but back then it was a 10 team league...clearly we should go back to this ASAP.

Rat FC are in favour and look where they are...

Hearts Heritage

Points from each other

Celtic 12

Heart Of Midlothian 3

Rangers 17

From Others

Celtic 62

Heart Of Midlothian 64

Rangers 55

Hearts Heritage

1957-58

Each Other

Celtic 2

Heart Of Midlothian 8 - Hearts won all 4 games

Rangers 2

Celtic 44

Heart Of Midlothian 54

Rangers 47

Hearts Heritage

1985-86

Celtic 7

Heart Of Midlothian 11

Rangers 6

Celtic 43

Heart Of Midlothian 39

Rangers 29

The next time you go to the pub, drink lemonade.

i remember someone telling me in December 05/06,we,d never lose again all season. :rolleyes:

I went through all this shit last year. I'm not doing it again.

Hearts will not win the league for the foreseeable.

Snake Plissken

We can win the league by virtue of the fact we play in it.

While we can have the odd good season and get close(ish) I just can't see us putting together a strong enough squad to see off the OF for an entire season.

In the next 20 years we'll win a couple more cups but I just don't see the league happening, sorry.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

1957-58

Each Other

Celtic 2

Heart Of Midlothian 8 - Hearts won all 4 games

Rangers 2

Celtic 44

Heart Of Midlothian 54

Rangers 47

:verysmug:

i wish jj was my dad

I have the same gut reaction of the OP.

I don't think we have the same quality as we did in 2005-06 but then again I still think we are as good as the Ugly Sisters. I felt that last season too BUT then we had no plan B without KK. This season is different.

If we can beat RFC on sunday then I think it is a possibility but then I still expect Brines moment at a critical time.

tommythejambo

Rangers won't go into administration. If they do, they WILL NOT be deducted any points.

Could possibly see us or Motherwell finishing 2nd and 3rd though, Celtic are absolutely chronic just now.

Think the title will be a bit, very ambitious though.

i wish jj was my dad

If I read Tommy correctly, I agree that Rangers will not be penalised no matter what rules and laws are broken.

That said, I think both they and the other part of the GFA cartel are as vulnerable as they were in the early 80s.

I don't think it will take much to beat them. If vlad is prepared to support a fraction of the 2005-2008 investment but leave it to a proper professional to decide which players to sign then we can win the league. I know that the media and GFA won't make it easy but i think it can be done.

tommythejambo

You did read me correctly.

The two old firm sides are two of the weakest I can remember, we have a solid squad, a few quality players added and we could topple them.

The only problem is the fear a lot of SPL teams still have of them, which teams like us really don't command.

Radioactive Mince

messed up ******* lightweight ******* ***** of a Pajero.

Man up or stop posting shite.

I've been in the boozer since 11am yesterday... :mellow:

Sergio Garcia

I went through all this shit last year. I'm not doing it again.

Hearts will not win the league for the foreseeable.

This a thousand times. Come April/May I may reconsider

Why we wont win the league this year, regardless of how good we are:

Brines

SFAGFA

And a host of other corrupt officials

Scottish football is quite simply corrupt.

Only two teams can now ever win our league.

And it is driving supporters away year after year.

Regan and Doncaster promised loads and have delivered nothing.

Surprise surprise.

Going down the plug hole at a record pace due to apathy.

We can raise our game against the cheeks, but to win the league, it's about giving the same performances against the rest on a regular basis.

The ugly sisters go through bad spells, but very seldom do both of them go through them at the same time.

I love the optimism of the OP, if we never believe, we will never achieve anything.

Fickle thing football.

Last two results have been good. Two before that showed major chinks in our armour.

Sergio has defo had a change of policy since those games - I think he realises his second string aren't capable enough to rely on. Hopefully, he'll get to add a couple in January. We'll need to put in a similar run to last year and without Kyle up top or someone similar i.e. lead the line and get goals, I don't really see us being capable of it.

The thing is, to win the league you have to perform for the majority of it. The start we had put us in the position that we will now need to perform for the remainder. I don't think this squad is capable of that.

We have literally no-chance of winning this league with the resources the OF have. If we don't perform well on Sunday it will be a big wake-up call.

Mac_fae_Gillie

Just like last year we all think the O/F are getting worse so ouir chances next season should be better.

We had a tough start,cheated at Well,silly defeat at Saints but team has shown some skill.

We won't win this year but be nice to get 2nd.

Luv to be proved wrong but rangers only lost 4points so far and we are still unpredictable.

By the time we get a good run going it will be too big a hill to climb..again hope im wrong.

No way will one of the poorest Hearts team ever will win the league,no matter how much drink you take. :lol:

Get real.

A few good points on this thread. Like i said earlier, i don`t think it solely comes down to either playing well v the OF or being able to beat the rest....it`s about consistency throughout......Augusts stats prove that...

A positive outlook would be that Celtic look none too clever and a top 2 place could be achievable but Rangers, for all their trouble, are still consistent in general and certainly in recent years are far more stronger mentally than Celtic in adversity, and they always pull out a result when everyone is saying they are sh ite.

Another negative is other sides not taking enough points off them. I know it`s about our own results but even with that you are hoping others can nick a point or two off the OF now and again. Last season we had a run that was argubly title winning form until we slumped in January but even at the end of that run we were still a bit off the OF.

A mate of mine always says a few things will have to align for us to win the league and unfortunately the sole aspect of us finding consistency isn`t enough. Remember, there are two teams to topple not just one.

We do need others to grow a pair when they face the OF.

Earlier posts joking? If Rangers go into administration they WILL be deducted 10 points but the sad truth is that over the course of the season their only real problem would be Celtic unless they also lost their top players which did not happen to other clubs, just unable to sign anyone.

winston churchill

Drinking is no excuse for this utter pap.

I am more worried about trying to reel in motherwell and also looking over our shoulder at the perth farmers.

We're not consistent enough to win the league.

Last year we didn't beat Killie or Motherwell at home all season. That's not the mark of a team that can win a league.

Hackney Hearts

Anybody that says we can't win the league is wrong.

Anybody that says we will win the league is also wrong.

That about sums it up.

Although with the current tax/legal issues, it would be good to see if we can keep to within around a dozen points of Rangers - just to make things 'interesting'.

Anybody that says we can't win the league is wrong.

Anybody that says we will win the league is also wrong.

Someone who's got it.

But could it be this year? There's chinks in both cheeks this year but realistically I've not seen enough from us to suggest we've got sufficient in the locker to cash in.

Having said that, Paulo's side won't hit the heights that JJ's side did in the run up to Christmas, but equally don't think we'll plumb the depths of the run in last year so we could be closer.

But let's see how tomorrow goes. I hate playing the old firm with any level of expectation - and I can't help thinking tomorrow we just could...

kingantti1874

We will finish 3rd.

The end.

Im not even sure of that, I've seen nothing to suggest we will put up a credible challenge this season. Wish we could - hope I'm wrong - but does anyone remember the st Johnstone game.

If we were to win tomorrow I'd be more inclined to believe it was possible but I always feel that, when we're in a position to challenge we fail to invest in the team when a couple of signings would make the difference. If we're in a challenging position come the winter window I'm sure, once again we will be disappointed. We need to be beating the OF at Tynecastle and getting at least a draw in the Weej.

Fermit the Krog

We need to be beating the OF at Tynecastle and getting at least a draw in the Weej.

So far so good eh :thumbsup:

Im not even sure of that, I've seen nothing to suggest we will put up a credible challenge this season. Wish we could - hope I'm wrong - but does anyone remember the st Johnstone game.

We will finish 3rd.

We'll probably finish 2nd behind Motherwell though :down:

Archived