Under 19's At Home Tomorrow.

benny

Footballfirst

Update on the youth cup tie v Hibs.

It has been confirmed that the game will be played on Saturday 12th November with a 1pm kick off

It has been confirmed that the game will be played on Saturday 12th November with a 1pm kick off

Fester Road?

Yes

Cool... international weekend too.

Might go along in anticipation of another win. :smuggy:

Footballfirst

Hearts U19s won 2-0 this morning with two second half goals from Jordan McGhee and Billy King. The first half performance was pretty woeful and Hearts were lucky to be on level terms after two great saves from Jack Hamilton and St Mirren also hit the post just before the break. Darren Murray changed personnel and positions in the second half and the side played much more fluently and could have scored two or three more as St Mirren tired quite badly.

Hearts line-up

Hamilton

Stewart (Mullen) McKay Kane McHattie

Paterson (McGhee) Walker Smith Holt King

Carrick (Nicholson)

The final formation was:

Hamilton

Mullen McKay McGhee McHattie

King Walker Kane Holt Nicholson

Smith

Hearts U19s won 2-0 this morning with two second half goals from Jordan McGhee and Billy King. The first half performance was pretty woeful and Hearts were lucky to be on level terms after two great saves from Jack Hamilton and St Mirren also hit the post just before the break. Darren Murray changed personnel and positions in the second half and the side played much more fluently and could have scored two or three more as St Mirren tired quite badly.

Hearts line-up

Hamilton

Stewart (Mullen) McKay Kane McHattie

Paterson (McGhee) Walker Smith Holt King

Carrick (Nicholson)

The final formation was:

Hamilton

Mullen McKay McGhee McHattie

King Walker Kane Holt Nicholson

Smith

Another victory. :thumbsup:

Good to see that Walker is back playing.

Good to see Rudi,Driver,Kello,Locke and others watching.I thought Holt & Walker had good games and of course Hamilton in goal.Was surprised that Mr consitency Fraser Mullen was on the bench? All in all,a great 3 points whilst not a great performance.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

How has Holt's form been this season? Is he again the stand out performer in the side/league?

I was Impressed with Sam Nicholson (16?) when he came on , very skillfull player and skinned their right back a couple of times . Am i right in thinking he still plays for the U17s also?

I was Impressed with Sam Nicholson (16?) when he came on , very skillfull player and skinned their right back a couple of times . Am i right in thinking he still plays for the U17s also?

FF is the fount of knowledge with the youths,however.i think he IS still eligible for the 17's. He has been doing full time training this season since leaving school.

Footballfirst

Both Sam Nicholson and Jordan McGhee are with the U17s.

Sam has been training pretty well full time with the U19s since leaving school, although I don't believe he has a full time contract (as yet). Jordan is only 15 (won't be 16 until next July) and is part of Scotland's U16 Victory Shield side.

Decent 2nd half IMO with a couple of decent finishes.In all honestly should have scored more in 2nd half after a stale 1st half.Once again impressed with younger lads but Holt/Walker led the charge after a change in shape.

Today I saw this team for the first time, so, please be aware that any comments are based on one ninety minute game of football.

Firstly, I slightly disagree with FF re the first half. I thought we played some decent stuff and largely dominated but just didn't threaten the 'keeper. St Mirren did have a few chances but that was down to our defence. I also think it was bold of FF to do a formation for the second half, to me, we didn't really play with a striker and Smith and Walker simply took turns breaking through the centre. Levein would have been proud. ;)

On the team, I thought that players like Smith, Carrick & King were promising & the lad Nicholson played well when he came on. Holt and Walker were head and shoulders above everybody on the park, bossing the game and IMO we would not be anywhere near as impressive without them.

The disappointments (remember the first line in my post, kids) were the goalkeeper, the defenders and the right midfielder. For me, the defenders were really quite poor, terrible distribution and woefully caught out of position regularly. I really do hope that Grainger doesn't get an injury/suspension prior to 1st January. The lad Patterson had a 'mare, so much so the right back was backing him up every time, not to overlap but to challenge for the ball when Patterson lost it! :) Some may say I am being unfair on the 'keeper as he saved well a few times, but his handling from high balls and skills when he had the ball at feet didn't convince me.

All in all, really enjoyed it. I really hope that Walker (definitely in his central role as opposed to out wide) and Holt get their chance in our first team.

Footballfirst

BH - I assure you that the U19s can play much much better than they did today. I can also understand your comparison with Levein. I recall speaking to Darren Murray before a recent game and he talked about a formation with four at the back, two wide men and four in a diamond in the middle. That sounds like 4-6-0 to me. TBF it was deninitely 4-5-1 in the first half, but much inproved in the 2nd half with Holt, Walker and Dave Smith all being encouraged to get forward while Chris Kane sat in front of the back 4.

They are definitely missing Callum Tapping and Chris Tobin as holding players and decent footballers to boot. I was told that Tapping will be out for another couple of weeks, but I don't know about Tobin.

BH - I assure you that the U19s can play much much better than they did today. I can also understand your comparison with Levein. I recall speaking to Darren Murray before a recent game and he talked about a formation with four at the back, two wide men and four in a diamond in the middle. That sounds like 4-6-0 to me. TBF it was deninitely 4-5-1 in the first half, but much inproved in the 2nd half with Holt, Walker and Dave Smith all being encouraged to get forward while Chris Kane sat in front of the back 4.

They are definitely missing Callum Tapping and Chris Tobin as holding players and decent footballers to boot. I was told that Tapping will be out for another couple of weeks, but I don't know about Tobin.

Formation wise, it is almost academic as it worked. It put Walker in a stronger position to hurt the opposition.

Few things I missed earlier, one you have reminded me of, is that Kane was much improved in the second half (particularly the first ten to fifteen mins whilst we took control of the game) and I thought he did okay in that holding role.

On St Mirren, their number eight and the very wee dude were quite decent but none were close to Walker and Holt in terms of ability. The ref was one of those dudes that wasn't built for sport and was probably last pick every time at PE. Also the far side lineslady needs to realise that the "women not understanding the offside rule" is not really true and is a stereotype. She needs to recognise that.

Also, I stood beside two guys that didn't like Holt, a parent of a team mate I'd say. "....as much as I like Jason, he always <insert negative comment>" It was quite amusing! :)

Will the whole stadium be open or just one stand?

jamboinglasgow

Is Jordan Morton still with the u19s?

I remember hearing that he had a lot of talent.

he is too old for the under 19s and is currently on loan at Colin Cameron's Cowdenbeath. He has scored 4 goals in 11 games for them (though I think 2 are penalties.) For me he had the ability to be a cracking talent, quite a tricky winger who can really ping in a shot, but to me it has always been a question of whether his head is right on the pitch.

Footballfirst

Will the whole stadium be open or just one stand?

It's usually just the main stand, although it will be segregated.

Footballfirst

On St Mirren, their number eight and the very wee dude were quite decent but none were close to Walker and Holt in terms of ability. The ref was one of those dudes that wasn't built for sport and was probably last pick every time at PE. Also the far side lineslady needs to realise that the "women not understanding the offside rule" is not really true and is a stereotype. She needs to recognise that.

I'm afraid to disappoint you but the "lineslady" had a fair bit of 5 o'clock shadow.

Linesladyhaha.jpg

I'm afraid to disappoint you but the "lineslady" had a fair bit of 5 o'clock shadow.

Linesladyhaha.jpg

:woot::lol::lol:

The Old Tolbooth

Linesladyhaha.jpg

No ma type, nae chebs! :ninja:

:whistling:

Linesladyhaha.jpg

laugh.gif

I thought it was a female, as did others near me! Lad needs to man up, oh, and learn the offside rule.

I agree with FF the 19s were pretty average in first half on Saturday, The 17s may miss the two that are now appearing to be part of 19s squad butthey are a good squad.

I agree with FF the 19s were pretty average in first half on Saturday, The 17s may miss the two that are now appearing to be part of 19s squad butthey are a good squad.

looking good for the future though, as i guess next season a lot of the excisting 19s will be moving on(too old)reserve type league pending.

Both these 2 and 1 or 2 others will also play for 17's the following day

Both these 2 and 1 or 2 others will also play for 17's the following day

A few of them (u17s) were training with the 19s yesterday but McGee wasn't there as he is still at school! RB called Adam looked good in training

jamboinglasgow

A few of them (u17s) were training with the 19s yesterday but McGee wasn't there as he is still at school! RB called Adam looked good in training

could that be Adam king?

Archived