Wayne Rooney

lewis2006

CavySlaveJambo

no point in taking him then. why waste a squad place on a player who may not be able to play at all.

Although if he is not in the squad will that mean his suspension rolls on to the start of the qualification for 2014 WC?

no point in taking him then. why waste a squad place on a player who may not be able to play at all.

Although if he is not in the squad will that mean his suspension rolls on to the start of the qualification for 2014 WC?

They really can't take him can they?

It'll just be the 1st competitive games he's banned for. So even if he doesn't go he'll have served his time i'd imagine.

Wasn't Arshavins first game at Euro 2008 the quarter final? I'm sure he'd been banned for the first 3 games too.

Rooney will go to the Euros, because he's Englands best player.

There's no doubt he'll still go as he's the only player capable of making England tick. Whether he gets much of a chance is another matter.

I'm not from Peebles...but what did he do?

_55990390_rooney_kick.jpg

:vrface:

Nick Collins and rent boy Jamie Redknapp were on SSN a few minutes ago saying his actions were "unfortunate" rather than stupid, idiotic, thuggish etc

3 games for that is ridiculous :laugh:

What did that Czech guy get for going in studs up on Xabi Alonso?

FTFY.

:verysmug:

Didn't you hear, England will easily coast through the group stages - they always do, don't they?

I'd say I hate the English arrogance, but it makes it all the sweeter when they fail.

:pleasingao::verysmug:

Sergio Garcia

Could get an extra one if they appeal :thumbsup:

According to Henry Winter on twitter there's no 'frivolous' appeal risk as with FA

They will take him and this might actually be a bad thing - they'll struggle through the group and then they have a fresh Wayne Rooney for the KO stages..... no so sure I like that idea.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

It wasn't bad at all tbh. Scuffed his leg and the boy made a meal of it. He lost the heed for a second and then apologised to the guy and picked him up.

Cheers folks.

3 games for that is outrageous unless he's got a helluva long list of previous misdemeanours.

On a separate note - that England strip is honking.

They will take him and this might actually be a bad thing - they'll struggle through the group and then they have a fresh Wayne Rooney for the KO stages..... no so sure I like that idea.

if they take him, they will get through the group stages eaasily and his introduction in the knockout rounds will unbalance the side knockng them out

England are going to win the Cup, didn't you know?

Just like they were going to win the Rugby World Cup and any other tournament they go in for!

They exude an arrogance of Old Firm proportions!

if they take him, they will get through the group stages eaasily and his introduction in the knockout rounds will unbalance the side knockng them out

Not so sure they could end up with Spain / Portugal / France in their group if the seedings dont change after the play off's !

England are going to win the Cup, didn't you know?

Just like they were going to win the Rugby World Cup and any other tournament they go in for!

They exude an arrogance of Old Firm proportions!

Aiming to win a tournament :sob:

Beats the "We will finish bottom of our group behind the Welsh" mentality in Scotland surely.

Cheers folks.

3 games for that is outrageous unless he's got a helluva long list of previous misdemeanours.

On a separate note - that England strip is honking.

That makes it even more :pleasingao:

Siphiwe Tshabalala

As a Scotsman living in England at the moment, i can tell you first hand that the English are not happy at all at the current set up and Fabio Capello's tactics.

I think they know they wont be anywhere near winning the Euros.

It wasn't bad at all tbh. Scuffed his leg and the boy made a meal of it. He lost the heed for a second and then apologised to the guy and picked him up.

Scuffed his leg while trying to melt the boy off the ball with a leg swipe. It's not the refs fault that Rooney can't hit a barn door.

I'd say 2 games though - 3 games should be reserved for proper brawls, not shan attempts at booting someone in the leg.

Scuffed his leg while trying to melt the boy off the ball with a leg swipe. It's not the refs fault that Rooney can't hit a barn door.

I'd say 2 games though - 3 games should be reserved for proper brawls, not shan attempts at booting someone in the leg.

SSN trotted out the usual chain of Cockneys to express sympathy for the serial offender Rooney but to be fair to one of them (Wlikins ?) who said "that if that had been one of our players being kicked we would expect a three match ban".

Rooney got a red for violent conduct ( ie a not your common or garden red card) - that attracts a 3 march ban. Everyone knows it. As was also pointed out on SSN , that's the usual penalty for a violent conduct offence

in the EPL. Grounds for appeal ? Would love to know what on earth the EFA think are grounds for appeal here.

Aiming to win a tournament :sob:

Beats the "We will finish bottom of our group behind the Welsh" mentality in Scotland surely.

"At least we know we are crap" is the usual proud boast.

Rooney's offence everybody knew it would be a a 3 match ban.So why should they be allowed to appeal.Just say it was Defoe or Crouch pretty sure there would be no appeal as well.The sending off is a 3 match ban in England,once again Rooney lets his side down due to his stupid behaviour. :lol:

As a Scotsman living in England at the moment, i can tell you first hand that the English are not happy at all at the current set up and Fabio Capello's tactics.

I think they know they wont be anywhere near winning the Euros.

I know a lot of guys from university who are English, and they never exude the belief that the English based press do. And in all honesty it's mainly the tabloid/Sky Sports News/Gary Liniker mob who think 'this time is our time....' genuinely.

They have a strong side, but one which I reckon is on par with say France. It's not a team of world beaters but better than most others. The best in Europe without a shadow of a doubt have to be Spain, Germany and the Netherlands. It's got to be between those 3 for the the Euros. Probably a Germany v Spain final. England? Depending on how France, Italy, Portugal and maybe Russia do they could reach the semis.

There's also the fact that he has been banned once already during the,qualifiers. Three games is pretty standard for these things. Don't really agree it should be, but no surprise.

It's a massive problem for Capello, because even if he takes Rooney and they qualify for the quarters, he'll need to totally change his style of play to accomodate Rooney.

He links the midfield and attack like no other English forward can. Capello seems to have finally realised 4-4-2 doesn't work and went for a 4-5-1 with Rooney just behind Bent. None of the candidates to replace him can play that role: Agbonlahor, Sturridge, Wellbeck etc.

He'll still go, but it will give Capello a headache. Might not be a bad thing though as England will be forced to not try and rely on Rooney to win everygame. Fergie will be delighted as I doubt Rooney will feature in many friendlies in between now and summer!

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Shame. As one of the rank outsiders for the tournament theyll need their best players if they have any hope of getting out the group. No harm to the tournament for neutrals though - he isn't in the top 20 players in it.

Footballfirst

I've a feeling that Rooney will develop some niggling injury towards the end of the season and that he will be advised by the Man U medical team to rest it completely during the close season, thus making himself unavailable for selection and avoiding a difficult decision for Capello or whever is in charge of England by then.

Wasn't Arshavins first game at Euro 2008 the quarter final? I'm sure he'd been banned for the first 3 games too.

Rooney will go to the Euros, because he's Englands best player.

Arshavin got a 2 match ban and played in the last group game. Engerlanders were squeeling on 5 Live that UEFA has an anti English bias:) I think Rooney will go whatever as has been said, he can come in fresh after they 'will surely qualify through the group stage'!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Shame. As one of the rank outsiders for the tournament theyll need their best players if they have any hope of getting out the group. No harm to the tournament for neutrals though - he isn't in the top 20 players in it.

Name 20 better?

Arshavin got a 2 match ban and played in the last group game. Engerlanders were squeeling on 5 Live that UEFA has an anti English bias:) I think Rooney will go whatever as has been said, he can come in fresh after they 'will surely qualify through the group stage'!

What do you mean "surely"? You don't even know who's in their group yet. The Euros are notoriously more competitive than the World Cup because there are no Trinidad and Tobagos or New Zealands (or Costa Rica :whistling: ) Almost every team there is potentially better than England on their day.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Name 20 better?

Easy.

Ozil

Muller

Gomez

Klose

Casillas

Pique

Xavi

Iniesta