James McFadden to Sellick?

since.1902

McFadden in talk with the glasgow tramps, could be a decent signing for them and maybe put an end to O'Connor moving through west?

Is the ginger tosspot trying to be Kevin Keegan and win every game b y scoring more goals than his defence lets in????

Didn't work out to well for KK.

Last act of a desperate man

The People's Chimp

Will take the shine off that goal if he goes to either of the two ugly sisters.

I'll cut off my memorial rat's tail if this is the case.

:sob:

Always liked McFadden for his Scotland goals so hope not, having said that I can't even remember the last time he played never mind did anything for Birmingham so would probably be a typical "used to be good now crocked and/or pish" Celtic signing.

How many strikers does Lennon want anyway :unsure:

A while back he'd have been a decent signing, now, i don't think he's as good, why they want him i don't know, Stokes is as good for them or even Forrest, maybe they're goin to cash in on Hooper moving to Newcastle.

Is the ginger tosspot trying to be Kevin Keegan and win every game b y scoring more goals than his defence lets in????

Didn't work out to well for KK.

Last act of a desperate man

I know what you are trying to get over here, but doesnt every manager win games by scoring more than the opposition!?

Unfortunately McFadden is exactly the type of marquee signing that gets the Old Firm out of jail year after year and perpetuates their dominance of the Scottish game. Mcfadden's wages are just not feasible for anyone outside those two. Its a no brainer for Lennon - he is out a job if he doesnt win the league, he has no transfer fee to pay, he keeps the fans happy with the signing and it helps perpetuate their version of the Hibs flair myth, as like or not, Faddy certainly has the ability to entertain.

Fitness obviously a question mark, and maybe his attitude, but if he didnt have those flaws he would be at one of the bigger clubs in EPL and not coming back here.

Maybe the end of the road for Paddy McCourt...take him anyone?

I know what you are trying to get over here, but doesnt every manager win games by scoring more than the opposition!?

Unfortunately McFadden is exactly the type of marquee signing that gets the Old Firm out of jail year after year and perpetuates their dominance of the Scottish game. Mcfadden's wages are just not feasible for anyone outside those two. Its a no brainer for Lennon - he is out a job if he doesnt win the league, he has no transfer fee to pay, he keeps the fans happy with the signing and it helps perpetuate their version of the Hibs flair myth, as like or not, Faddy certainly has the ability to entertain.

Fitness obviously a question mark, and maybe his attitude, but if he didnt have those flaws he would be at one of the bigger clubs in EPL and not coming back here.

:boak:

linkin- hearts

Don't know whether it's cos he's stuck on the bench or not but he seems to have lost his enthusiasm for the game. Would take him in the hope that more first team football might get his career going again.

A while back he'd have been a decent signing, now, i don't think he's as good, why they want him i don't know, Stokes is as good for them or even Forrest, maybe they're goin to cash in on Hooper moving to Newcastle.

[/q

I think this may well be the case.

would be a good thing for the rest of the SPL hooper is one of the only celtic players i actually rate.

on the Mcfadden thing if he can stay fit i think he would be a decent signing and nothing more.

I'm quite sure that, a few years ago, McFadden was quoted as saying he wanted nothing to do with the OF because of the sectarian baggage!

Seems his commendable stance has altered somewhat!

Slightly off topic, but BBC Glasgow, on the teatime sports news, covered the McFadden story from Celtic Park, then went over the Ibrox for the view of the other half of the Gruesome Twosome of the same story. Pathetic.

I suppose that's what they see as "balanced reporting".

[/q

I think this may well be the case.

would be a good thing for the rest of the SPL hooper is one of the only celtic players i actually rate.

on the Mcfadden thing if he can stay fit i think he would be a decent signing and nothing more.

Yeah if Hooper is away at Christmas then McFadden should be back to full fitness by then.

I rate Hooper too. Also find him hard to hate. unsure.gif

I'm quite sure that, a few years ago, McFadden was quoted as saying he wanted nothing to do with the OF because of the sectarian baggage!

Seems his commendable stance has altered somewhat!

?????????

Napoleon  Wilson

If its true what the papers say about a "3 way tussle between Everton, Wolves and Celtic" for his signature, it makes you wonder why he would even bother speaking to Celtic. I doubt Celtic would offer him much more than either of those two.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Hooper of the Hoops? Number 88? Wears a Celtic strip? Hard to hate?!!!!

bowie.gif

:rofl:

Also...

odo.jpg

Shite actor and character on shite sci-fi show...

Sergio Garcia

McFadden hasnt done anything of note for years, I would imagine he can still produce one or two moments of magic but he's never been the most consistent.

The fact that Celtic are ahead of Everton and Wolves in the race shows they aint that bothered to much about him considering he's free.

Archived