Well well well

John Findlay

John Findlay

Hearts as a team failed to make the top six of the top league in Scotland for the first time in fifteen years. Failure indeed. Perharps not failure for this current team/squad. Success in that they avoided relegation because the truth is alot of their performances this season merited it.

On the footballing side it is not hard to work out what the club is lacking. In one word WINNERS. Winners on the footballing management side and winners on the footballing playing side.

Team captain: I was willing to give Christophe Berra the benefit of the doubt, part of my judgement was cloudied to a certain extent by the fact that he was a pupil at the same secondary school as I and, I was chuffed that an ex pupil was the captain of Hearts. Unlike a few I rate Christophe as a centre back but alas he is no leader on the park. You dont judge good leaders when things are going well but, when things are going badly. Christophe is severely lacking when things on the park are goin badly and that has been all too often this season.

I look around this current Hearts squad and I struggle to find a leader and that is bad.

Management: Stevie Frail might be the nicest guy in the world but he lacks the one thing that all good/great managers have. RUTHLESSNESS: You have to be ruthless in this game. No matter how good or big a player thinks he is a manager should never be afraid to let them know just who is the boss and if a player is not doing it then he quite rightly is dropped or subbed. Stevie lacks this. To often to me he picked(his words) players who did not merit selection and he subbed the wrong ones during games. For this reason alone I dont think Stevie is cut out to be a manager at any club let alone Hearts. A good number two yes but, will never be a good number one.

On the management and playing front there needs to be major surgery performed at Tynecastle. Is the current owner upto the task? At the moment the smart money says no but, as with all things in life it will be a case of waiting and seeing.

What now for the next 4 or 5 league games. Well now is the time to see if the Goldie's are whoever in the youth can handle the SPL. If they cant then they are severely lacking as the SPL is dire, regardless of what Walter Smith may say. Yesterday's game at Tannidice was the exception to the rule with regards SPL matches. The league is dire from TOP TO BOTTOM.

JOhn

Fair assessment.

I too would be interested to see how some of the youngsters get on. But they should be blooded gradually rather than a 'Conn, Bauld, Wardhaugh' type abrupt regime change. They are still a bit young for that responsibility.

Vlad will insist players who might be sold are "showcased" over the next few games.

Vlad has now presided over our worst finish in 15 years, our worst ever manager (Malofeev - no wins in 8 or whatever it was), our 4th or 5th worst start to a league campaign ever and our worst run of defeats since the 70s

We laughed at Hibs when they had less points than the seventh placed team. NOW, the only thing left for us, is to do just that.Hibs in sixth and us with more points. Small consolation I know, but that shows just how bad we have been.

Shaggy is never going to make a manager in the top flight. If he thinks Elliot is a player, then he is done from the start. Elliot was not the only problem, but him being picked for every game, goes some way to explaining where our trouble lie.

We laughed at Hibs when they had less points than the seventh placed team. NOW, the only thing left for us, is to do just that.Hibs in sixth and us with more points. Small consolation I know, but that shows just how bad we have been.

Shaggy is never going to make a manager in the top flight. If he thinks Elliot is a player, then he is done from the start. Elliot was not the only problem, but him being picked for every game, goes some way to explaining where our trouble lie.

Don't make Elliott the scapegoat for everything. He didn't contribute to that first half on Saturday. Kingston has ability but chose not to try a leg then ran down the tunnel. They are all in this together.

Did state he was not the only problem, but when player like Elliot, Miko and one or two other continually get picked, there is something seriously wrong.

Vlad will insist players who might be sold are "showcased" over the next few games.

Vlad has now presided over our worst finish in 15 years, our worst ever manager (Malofeev - no wins in 8 or whatever it was), our 4th or 5th worst start to a league campaign ever and our worst run of defeats since the 70s

who will be watching a hearts v st midden game

portobellojambo1

Cannot disagree with the basis of you comments John. You use words like leaders, winners, ruthlessness,

I think we all know that anyone who has one or all of these characteristics undoubtedly also has an opinion, and the sad thing is it appears that people with opinions at Tynecastle are not welcome at the moment. Those who had such characteristics, not only on the playing side but within the administration side, and indeed companies whose advice has been sought on certain matters have been summarily removed/dismissed if their opinion does not match that of the man who juggles the purse strings.

Archived