HMFC 19s v Spartans

DB-14

Posted on the other thread to let people know don't know how many seen it though, few fringe players may play also Denis Prychy is as far as I know.

Kicks off at 7 IIRC.

is that a defo m8,looked on the hydc website but nothing there,just dont want to go all the way up there and their be no game,cheers

Footballfirst

It was a young side with several playing out of position. Hearts won comfortably enough but the game was scrappy for long periods. The goals came from O'Rourke, Scott, an o.g. and Nicholson.

The starting line up was

B Carswell

A King R Stewart, J McGhee, D O'Hara

Trialist (Alex ?? from Liverpool), D O'Rourke, D Prychynenko, M Thomson, G Scott

Carrick

The final line-up was

J Miller

E Saunderson R Stewart, J McGhee,D O'Hara

Trialist, B King, D Prychynenko A Beith, S Nicholson

G Oliver

Spartans fielded ex Hearts U17 keeper Ian McTurk in goal and Calum Elliot's older brother Ross in midfield.

They have another bounce game next Tuesday, away to Newcastle. I think Darren Murray is looking to field next season's U19 side.

jamboinglasgow

It was a young side with several playing out of position. Hearts won comfortably enough but the game was scrappy for long periods. The goals came from O'Rourke, Scott, an o.g. and Nicholson.

The starting line up was

B Carswell

A King R Stewart, J McGhee, D O'Hara

Trialist (Alex ?? from Liverpool), D O'Rourke, D Prychynenko, M Thomson, G Scott

Carrick

The final line-up was

J Miller

E Saunderson R Stewart, J McGhee,D O'Hara

Trialist, B King, D Prychynenko A Beith, S Nicholson

G Oliver

Spartans fielded ex Hearts U17 keeper Ian McTurk in goal and Calum Elliot's older brother Ross in midfield.

They have another bounce game next Tuesday, away to Newcastle. I think Darren Murray is looking to field next season's U19 side.

How old was the trialist, as I know Liverpool released Alex Cooper in the summer and he was a winger.

Footballfirst

How old was the trialist, as I know Liverpool released Alex Cooper in the summer and he was a winger.

That sounds like the guy, as he played wide right throughout the game although he is very left footed. He looked quite sharp early on and made the cross for the opening goal. He was a bit greedy at times and drifted out the game in the 2nd half. He would be in his last year as an U19 so I can't see him being signed by us. We have better options available.

Seymour M Hersh

That sounds like the guy, as he played wide right throughout the game although he is very left footed. He looked quite sharp early on and made the cross for the opening goal. He was a bit greedy at times and drifted out the game in the 2nd half. He would be in his last year as an U19 so I can't see him being signed by us. We have better options available.

How did Angus Beith play when he came on?

From a Liverpool site -

First Name: Alex

Surname: Cooper

Position: Central Midfield

D.O.B.: 4 Nov 1991

Town of Birth: Inverness

Nationality: Scottish

Alex Cooper is a left sided player who can play in defence and midfield.

A product of the Academy, he came on as a substitute in the FA Youth Cup final defeat to Arsenal at Anfield and made his reserve team breakthrough in 2009-10 when John McMahon played him at left back.

He is a strong and determined player who loves to get forward and support the attack.

Son of Neale Cooper.

I like the fact that we are sniffing about players being released from the premiership teams. These guys will have had excellent technique and nutritional coaching, hopefully would have good practices instilled in them.

Footballfirst

How did Angus Beith play when he came on?

Angus did ok by keeping things simple. The period he was on coincided with Hearts best spell of play as Darren Murray told them that he just wanted them to play one and two touch football.

I suspect that the trialist wasn't Alex Cooper as this lad had a strong Irish accent.

Players released from premiership teams are generally always available for trial early season. Their academies only run to U18, which means there are a number of 18 year olds available who are looking for clubs. The problem for us looking at players such as Alex is that he would be in his final year as an U19, so we wouldn't have much opportunity to develop them before a decision has to be taken on their future as a senior player. John Murray gets lots of offers to look at players at that level. He does invite a few to join us for training or to take part in bounce matches as last night.

1-0 Hearts, number 7 with a header.

Very young side plus Denis P.

Number 7 Daniel O'rourke

Big Denis and daniel were the best players last night, Wondered why daniel got taken of as the other boy in midfield seemed to play alot of slack balls.

Seymour M Hersh

Angus Beith. Angus Beef.

I think that what he's getting at anyhow.

Ah! Well he was named after someone so perhaps he's correct the re the parents not thinking the ramifications through. :lol:

From a Liverpool site -

First Name: Alex

Surname: Cooper

Position: Central Midfield

D.O.B.: 4 Nov 1991

Town of Birth: Inverness

Nationality: Scottish

Alex Cooper is a left sided player who can play in defence and midfield.

A product of the Academy, he came on as a substitute in the FA Youth Cup final defeat to Arsenal at Anfield and made his reserve team breakthrough in 2009-10 when John McMahon played him at left back.

He is a strong and determined player who loves to get forward and support the attack.

Son of Neale Cooper.

He was told he was not getting a contract last night after speaking to a few boys from hearts aswell as daniel who is on the radar of newcatle and everton and celtic according to the few agents whoi spoke to last night.

Footballfirst

Ah! Well he was named after someone so perhaps he's correct the re the parents not thinking the ramifications through. :lol:

Everyone calls him "Goose" as a derivation of Gus, or pronounced as "Guus" (as in Hiddink)

Danny O'Rourke was no. 8. The trialist was no. 7.

Everyone calls him "Goose" as a derivation of Gus, or pronounced as "Guus" (as in Hiddink)

Danny O'Rourke was no. 8. The trialist was no. 7.

:(

No relation to Jimmy he is from East Lothian way.

Hearts are taking a bit of a liability with him as they are saying he may get a contract from Jan. not sure what will happen but his agent may be promising trials that he cannot deliver.

Charlie-Brown

Hearts are taking a bit of a liability with him as they are saying he may get a contract from Jan. not sure what will happen but his agent may be promising trials that he cannot deliver.

Can U19 players sign for a club at anytime or are they restricted to transfer windows like all other pro players? I know they can go on loans thru the season but actually signing for a team can that happen at anytime or is it restricted?

Footballfirst

Can U19 players sign for a club at anytime or are they restricted to transfer windows like all other pro players? I know they can go on loans thru the season but actually signing for a team can that happen at anytime or is it restricted?

My understanding is that they are treated as senior professionals. They can only be transferred during the transfer windows or sign as a free agent at any point.

My understanding is that they are treated as senior professionals. They can only be transferred during the transfer windows or sign as a free agent at any point.

Correct ff

Is Daniel O'Rourke any relative of Jimmy O'Rourke?

I dont think so but there was a footballer in his family i beleve.

He is having trials with a club on monday ive spoken to a few coaches who rate him highly as i know there was a contract on the table for him at hibs but family problems and hibs did not help the lad out so things did not work out. Like i say i follow youth football and know most coaches around youth football and he and sammy stanton were the best players in hibs under 17s. So i hope murray keeps a eye on daniels progression in the game.

Archived